John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

When I put in the 18x12.5 board in 1/2 inch with rounded edges it comes back at $39.13 plus $19.29 shipping! I paid $20.12 with free shipping for the cutting board on Amazon. Just letting you know so you don't overpay. Thanks for the other option though
Would be interesting to know the material difference, and since your ingenius application is as a spacer not exposed to sunlight, you may be fine. Starboard was designed to hold up for years on a boat surface in direct UV exposure to sunlight, and that could account for the price difference.
Sponsored

OP
OP
GucciFreshness

GucciFreshness

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Wrangler, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wow, OP that looks great, agree the stock OBX step hangs down too low. Will be looking into this when mine arrives. What fender badge is that? couldn't quite make it out, thanks...

Nevermind saw from your avatar it's a FE, looks great!

Thanks! Not an FE, it's a 2023 OBX. The avatar badge was the factory badge but in these pics I've already switched to custom ones by Ikonic Badges. My wife named her Bronco Jolene so I had these made for her.

20230526_123050.jpg

HotLap

Outer Banks
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor and 2019 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks! Not an FE, it's a 2023 OBX. The avatar badge was the factory badge but in these pics I've already switched to custom ones by Ikonic Badges. My wife named her Bronco Jolene so I had these made for her.

20230526_123050.jpg
Cool, I’ll have to check these guys out, thank you!

Bryced15

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I need to slide mine back slightly also. Is that simple to do?

OP
OP
GucciFreshness

GucciFreshness

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Wrangler, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I need to slide mine back slightly also. Is that simple to do?
So, I just loosed the hardware on the brackets and the steps and they were able to be pushed the little bit I needed. The top hole on the bracket is open on one side so it can pivot some and the clips that the T6 bolts go into on the bottom of the steps can move slightly as well. Hope this helps

Sponsored

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for sharing, looks great!

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 6 Bronco - Jeep JKU - Wrangler LJ (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Awesome. I would love to see how it turns out on a different Bronco and if you customize or change it up in any way! Please share some pics when you're done!
Will do!

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Awesome. I would love to see how it turns out on a different Bronco and if you customize or change it up in any way! Please share some pics when you're done!
Well, the initial attempt is a fail... I began by trying to find some Delrin because I have used that previously on other projects and was able to cut, etc. But it was all too expensive, so I decided to order your commercial cutting board and give it a go...

I simply don't have anything that will properly cut that material, it's too soft. It just gets hot and melts back together, or gums up my tools. So for now, I have reassembled back to stock and will try to figure out what other options I might have.

Sponsored
OP
OP
GucciFreshness

GucciFreshness

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Wrangler, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well, the initial attempt is a fail... I began by trying to find some Delrin because I have used that previously on other projects and was able to cut, etc. But it was all too expensive, so I decided to order your commercial cutting board and give it a go...

I simply don't have anything that will properly cut that material, it's too soft. It just gets hot and melts back together, or gums up my tools. So for now, I have reassembled back to stock and will try to figure out what other options I might have.
Hate to hear that. I actually just used a miter saw from my wood shop with a 60-tooth general blade. It cut through it like butter and I didn't even have much scrap come off of it. Even with the kerf, the board was just right for my 3.5 x 3.5 squares.

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hate to hear that. I actually just used a miter saw from my wood shop with a 60-tooth general blade. It cut through it like butter and I didn't even have much scrap come off of it. Even with the kerf, the board was just right for my 3.5 x 3.5 squares.
Ok, I might try a different blade. Going to see what else I have.

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@GucciFreshness Quick swap to a 60 and a 100... Now, the problem might be that they are wood blades, not "no melt" plastic blades... but both just cut 1/2" and then start melting the board and making a mess.

Going to see if I can get a suitable for plastic blade at Lowes.

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@GucciFreshness

The 3rd try is a charm... So, I wasn't able to find a 10" blade near me that was suitable, but Lowes had a 7-1/4 "composite deck" blade and I picked that up and used it in my circular saw. Much better! So my edges aren't quite as clean/straight as yours, but you can't see that once installed.

I did take a few of the clip nuts back to my vice to align them better for re-installation.

This is what I would use for bolts... I ended up with some stainless steel as they didn't have any black oxide in the right size.

Amazon has them and less than $10 for 20. I paid $15 for 12 at ACE.

M6-1.0 x 45mm Flanged Hex Washer Head Bolts, 10.9 Grade Alloy Steel, Black Oxide Finish, Partial Thread, Coarse Thread UNC, 20 PCS

https://www.amazon.com/M6-1-0-Flanged-Washer-Finish-Thread/dp/B08ZJPSB7N/ref=sr_1_5?crid=329Q7ROY182VP&keywords=M6-1.0+X+45mm+Flanged+Hex+Head+bolts&qid=1687736402&s=hi&sprefix=m6-1.0+x+45mm+flanged+hex+head+bolts,tools,244&sr=1-5

The key to this project is the right "no melt" blade to cut the "plastic". This is what I used.

https://www.dewalt.com/product/dwa31740/7-14-composite-decking-saw-blade-40-tooth

I did find a product that would likely make this project even easier, but I was already vested in the materials I had. If starting from scratch I would consider this, it's a little more $$ but should be easier to work with standard woodworking tools, including a table saw:

https://www.amazon.com/BuyPlastic-M...6f9-b3a9-a75a8df6d355&pd_rd_i=B08M6CVGHJ&th=1

Quick look at my spacers after drilling.

Ford Bronco Operation "Raise Factory Running Boards" raise step1

Ford Bronco Operation "Raise Factory Running Boards" raise step2

I'm doing a full PPF in a couple weeks, so I will wait to install the trim until after that is done.

Last edited:

HotLap

Outer Banks
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor and 2019 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Nice, one of the 1st mods I have planned once my OBX arrives.

To the OP and subsequent posters, thanks for sharing!
Sponsored

Last edited: