Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Very nice looking truck and I do really like the power steps and thanks for the information. What is sasquatch carrying?
It says Sasquatch across the decal.
Ford Bronco Power running boards. AMP vs RC vs Rhino IMG_6550

I also had to run a tap into the body nuts. Not sure if it was paint or weld warp related, the bolts would not go in without a lot of force.
Sponsored

Last edited:

GTTom

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was about to pull the trigger on the RC's after going back and forth on the AMP ones, but at more than double the price, I cannot justify the price. However, in reading and reading and reading, I have a question: What happens if I take the doors off? Do either the RC or AMP steps continue to work? IF not as I assume, what do you do?
I have the AMP PowerStep Smart Series which includes a phone app to control the steps. You can raise or lower the steps using the app. I use that function when going through the car wash. I lower the steps so they can pressures wash the top of the steps then retract them to go through the wash. Got the local car wash guys trained now to wait for me to drop the steps while they pre-prep😄

OBXJoe

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan titan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The install is pretty straight forward, both mechanically and electrically.
Mechanically it mostly just bolts on.
Electrically, it's mostly plug & play. Everything is labeled well.

The toughest parts of the install for me were:

1. That on the rear hole for the rear bracket, Ford's impeccable assembly misaligned the pre-punched holes in the sheet metal, leaving the hole too small for the M10 bolt. Instead of just going to get my drill and making it the right size, I was lazy and tried to force the bolt through by turning it with my ratchet and ended up cross-threading the bracket. 🤦‍♂️ Fortunately I had an M10 tap on hand and an M10 nut to clean up the threads on the bolt, so I was able to fix it, but it cost me a couple hours.

2. Running the wire to the passenger side for the magnet is a total PIA for a 2-door. I had to pull off the rear interior panels on both sides to get under the carpet to fish the wire across.

I really like them and they make it easier to get into and MUCH easier to get out of the Bronco now. Just curious how well they will hold up, since they are a RC product...

The install is pretty straight forward, both mechanically and electrically.
Mechanically it mostly just bolts on.
Electrically, it's mostly plug & play. Everything is labeled well.

The toughest parts of the install for me were:

1. That on the rear hole for the rear bracket, Ford's impeccable assembly misaligned the pre-punched holes in the sheet metal, leaving the hole too small for the M10 bolt. Instead of just going to get my drill and making it the right size, I was lazy and tried to force the bolt through by turning it with my ratchet and ended up cross-threading the bracket. 🤦‍♂️ Fortunately I had an M10 tap on hand and an M10 nut to clean up the threads on the bolt, so I was able to fix it, but it cost me a couple hours.

2. Running the wire to the passenger side for the magnet is a total PIA for a 2-door. I had to pull off the rear interior panels on both sides to get under the carpet to fish the wire across.

I really like them and they make it easier to get into and MUCH easier to get out of the Bronco now. Just curious how well they will hold up, since they are a RC product...

RC’s directions have me confused. On their website it says to put the module on the drivers side. The directions that came with the steps say the passenger side. There is a lot more space on the pass side frame then the driver side. Where exactly did you place the module and run the power.

Thanks in advance
Joe

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

RC’s directions have me confused. On their website it says to put the module on the drivers side. The directions that came with the steps say the passenger side. There is a lot more space on the pass side frame then the driver side. Where exactly did you place the module and run the power.

Thanks in advance
Joe
Yeah, I think the printed directions are wrong and the website is correct. I put it on the driver side, right behind the rear mount.
Ford Bronco Power running boards. AMP vs RC vs Rhino 1707425930170

I had plenty of wire to all of the connections, so that spot seems to be the correct one to me.

OBXJoe

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan titan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah, I think the printed directions are wrong and the website is correct. I put it on the driver side, right behind the rear mount.
Ford Bronco Power running boards. AMP vs RC vs Rhino 1707425930170

I had plenty of wire to all of the connections, so that spot seems to be the correct one to me.
Thanks !!!!!
I am guessing that you maintained the right and left sides even though you switched sides with the wiring.

Sponsored

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Thanks !!!!!
I am guessing that you maintained the right and left sides even though you switched sides with the wiring.
Yeah, I think everything else was as labeled.
I just printed the instructions from the website and used those. Didn't even look at the instructions that came with the kit.

OBXJoe

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan titan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah, I think everything else was as labeled.
I just printed the instructions from the website and used those. Didn't even look at the instructions that came with the kit.
Thanks for the help !!!!!!!
Sponsored