Jarmon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bullsh
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And what exactly is safety requirements if I may ask since rear seating these days in crossover, SUVs do this?
Without knowing exactly what your talking about, I can't really answer your question. My assumption is latch mechanism failure. The mechanism existing increases/creates potential for the entire seat to hinge up like that in the circumstance of a head on collision. In a front seat would be significantly worse than in a back seat because of the air bags in the front and their direction when activated versus the curtain style in the back seats. Again, this is an assumption. My primary point is there is bound to be a reason they don't to that and we just don't know what that reason is. 🤷‍♂️
Sponsored

Wizard1183

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Sierra/ 2010 Camaro 2SS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Without knowing exactly what your talking about, I can't really answer your question. My assumption is latch mechanism failure. The mechanism existing increases/creates potential for the entire seat to hinge up like that in the circumstance of a head on collision. In a front seat would be significantly worse than in a back seat because of the air bags in the front and their direction when activated versus the curtain style in the back seats. Again, this is an assumption. My primary point is there is bound to be a reason they don't to that and we just don't know what that reason is. 🤷‍♂️
Yes obviously it’s the latch. But a pull type spring actuated latch would not break similar to this:
Ford Bronco Power seat vs. manual 12E7BA47-52D8-4DAD-BAD6-B73FE5AAC04F

JMBGlass

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Toyota Tacoma/C.O. Badlands 2.7 4Dr hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd much prefer to opt for the MGV in my 4 door Badlands build, but went with leather. I could be okay with manual seat adjustment, but I am 100% spoiled at this point by having had many vehicles with heated seats.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bronco will be my wife’s DD but every road/camping trip I’ll be driving it. We’re both spoiled with memory seats in her grand cherokee and my f150 and a foot difference in height between us. If our first 4dr BL will be MY21, I’ll just go with manual seats and MGV in hopes that MY22 brings us memory seats. In that case, I’ll order the MY22 with power seats.

In the perfect world, she could get the MY22 with MGV, power seats w/ memory function. I could care less about the drain plugs. Have had them in my jeep for 8yrs and never once used them. Actually the drain holes are sealed shut under the tub.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd much prefer to opt for the MGV in my 4 door Badlands build, but went with leather. I could be okay with manual seat adjustment, but I am 100% spoiled at this point by having had many vehicles with heated seats.
You can get heated seats with MGV in the badlands.

Sponsored

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hope it's set once and forget. All of my vehicles for years have had memory seat, making it a breeze to get in and out. If I have to struggle and fuss with the seat and steering wheel every time, I'm likely going to pass.
"Struggle & Fuss" with a seat, first world issues for sure :LOL: :LOL:

Virtual-Chris

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wonder if the power seats might have key binding memory positions? ... Where the key used to unlock the vehicle moves the seat to that drivers position. This was a great feature in my German vehicles.

But even with features like that I don’t put much value on power seats. My tiny GF and I share a small commuter car and changing drivers is a simple matter of reaching under the seat and racking it forward or back and twisting the rear view.

JMBGlass

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Toyota Tacoma/C.O. Badlands 2.7 4Dr hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can get heated seats with MGV in the badlands.
Here's a screenshot from Build and Price that I was going off of, you can see the heated option mentioned under leather but not under the MGV

Screen Shot 2021-02-27 at 1.27.57 PM.png

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here's a screenshot from Build and Price that I was going off of, you can see the heated option mentioned under leather but not under the MGV

Screen Shot 2021-02-27 at 1.27.57 PM.png
Considering MGV seats aren’t something you can add, I wouldn’t take that too seriously.

Heated seats come with the MGV with mid package.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Ford Bronco Power seat vs. manual Screen Shot 2021-02-27 at 1.27.57 PM
That's because for the MGV seats it's not standard; it's introduced with the Mid package (and up).
Ford Bronco Power seat vs. manual 1614450963240

Sponsored

papsblue

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
manual seats are 6 way.

power seats are 10 way driver, 8 way passenger.

based on other ford vehicles... the 6 way seat will have fore/aft, recline, and up/down adjustments.

the 8 way power is those 6, the other 4 ways are lumbar and tilt. The passenger seat will only have 1 of those 2 functions, I *think* passenger has lumber, and not tilt... while only the drivers seat would have both. but could be flipped and maybe passenger tilts, but no lumbar.

Driver or passenger memory is always specified in dealer guides, its not common in ford vehicles that arent platinum/king ranch trims, so given that its not mentioned in bronco, and we've never seen a photo showing the "1/2/3" profile selection button, Im 99.9% sure no bronco has that feature.

Lumbar support adjustment for the manual seats was confirmed earlier this month, I believe.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where are you guys finding the option for the power driver seat? I've got a wildtrak 4-door, lux package and leather upgrade and I don't see any mention of having power seats? I'm hoping it has power seats but all I see is manual seats...
In the B&P, when you look at the information for the leather seats, scroll down. The mention of powered seats (4-door) is below the fold. Not obvious if you’re looking at in on a phone screen.

Ford Bronco Power seat vs. manual 5B6779D1-BDAC-44AF-9B15-0178DDB3DCD2

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
"Struggle & Fuss" with a seat, first world issues for sure :LOL: :LOL:
There are enough driver distractions these days without adding the seat into the mix. I don't expect that when I'm paying $57k for a vehicle.

ilkhan

Badlands
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
None of the badlands/wildtrack seats have a memory function, correct?