Power seat vs. manual

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’m deciding between the BL and WT, BL has manual seats while the WT has automatic. Does anyone know if the only difference is just moving it manually (ie different range of how far the seat moves, settings, etc... my explorer has 3 different presets which is nice).
Sponsored

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As I drive my vehicle 98% of the time, and my wife 2%, manual seat is not an issue for me. I actually miss manual seats at times, just for how quick you can move the seat out of the way when needed.
Do you have multiple drivers and need different presets? Do the power seats on the Bronco come with presets? If not, than is there a point to having power seats?

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't know, but Ford if you are listening, please consider a better option for allowing more 2-door rear seat access. There are various ways of design, here is from an old Blazer:

Ford Bronco Power seat vs. manual BlazerPassengerFrontFlipSeat

mikeheel

Wildtrak
First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lovelikehateblog.wordpress.com
Vehicle(s)
Azure Gray Wildtrak, BWM K1600B, Ford Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

A forum member who sat in an actual Bronco this week commented about the manual seat here: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...trak-at-ricart-ford-impressions.13119/page-12

I'm pretty sure I recall seeing that there was vertical adjustment for the power seats, but it'd take me awhile to find that.

So, I believe there will be a fairly substantial difference in how you'll be able to position the manual seats vs the power seats.

That has me on the fence with my Badlands build. I've even begun thinking about the Wildrak or a Sasquatched OBX. At the end of the day, though, I think I'll end up sticking with the Badlands, but now I'm questioning the MGV and manual seats.

Jackattack

Badlands
First Name
Jarmon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bullsh
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't know, but Ford if you are listening, please consider a better option for allowing more 2-door rear seat access. There are various ways of design, here is from an old Blazer:

Ford Bronco Power seat vs. manual BlazerPassengerFrontFlipSeat
That example, more than likely, will no longer meet safety requirements.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
As I drive my vehicle 98% of the time, and my wife 2%, manual seat is not an issue for me. I actually miss manual seats at times, just for how quick you can move the seat out of the way when needed.
Do you have multiple drivers and need different presets? Do the power seats on the Bronco come with presets? If not, than is there a point to having power seats?
I haven’t heard if they will do presets but guessing not sense they haven’t mentioned it but Ford had done a horrible job with communication to us customers and there dealerships. You guys/we know more than anyone at my dealership

OP
OP

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
A forum member who sat in an actual Bronco this week commented about the manual seat here: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...trak-at-ricart-ford-impressions.13119/page-12

I'm pretty sure I recall seeing that there was vertical adjustment for the power seats, but it'd take me awhile to find that.

So, I believe there will be a fairly substantial difference in how you'll be able to position the manual seats vs the power seats.

That has me on the fence with my Badlands build. I've even begun thinking about the Wildrak or a Sasquatched OBX. At the end of the day, though, I think I'll end up sticking with the Badlands, but now I'm questioning the MGV and manual seats.
Me too, I can’t believe they don’t have a few model regionally. I understand not having them at all the dealerships but would be willing to drive 2 hours to look at one. One per major city would be nice... oh with someone trained that can educate us!

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
That example, more than likely, will no longer meet safety requirements.
Agreed that is a consideration. But dang, at least on the videos I've seen so far of the new Bronco, Ford left space on the table in front of the passenger seat, in terms of not moving forward or flipping as far as it could. I would have liked to have seen from Ford, a more slick design on providing easier rear seat access.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I still don't understand why Ford can't figure out how to have power seats in the two door, this is not rocket surgery. It is especially ridiculous when you consider that the price for leather seats is the same in the two door and the four door. Two door leather seats without power should be half the price of what it is.

gpitman

Badlands
First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Ford F-350 Powerstroke, 2019 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't have a choice since I'm getting Badlands with the washout interior. I would prefer to have the electric seats with defined presets. But I'm hoping that my wife and I won't be driving each others vehicle as much as share the F150 today.

Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m deciding between the BL and WT, BL has manual seats while the WT has automatic. Does anyone know if the only difference is just moving it manually (ie different range of how far the seat moves, settings, etc... my explorer has 3 different presets which is nice).
You can have Badlands AND power seats but you have to select leather, which will swap out the washout interior for carpet. I'd prefer to have power as my wife has a bad back and making it easier for her to adjust positions depending on where it hurts at that moment would be helpful (on trips in our other vehicles she makes a lot of adjustments during the trip)
but:
sacrifice washout interior
no presets
damn pricey upgrade and I don't really want leather anyway

means I'm sticking with the manual. We'll seek out other options like gel pillows and stuff to help with her situation.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Power seats are nice but for my intended use I'm concerned with moisture...manual seats for me.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Couple of things for OP to consider...

1) Badlands has Leather with power seats as an option so you don't have to change to the Wildtrak trim
2) Consider if you will have various passengers and seat adjustments for them

I'm getting a Badlands. I was very happy with what I've heard and seen regarding the MGV seats so originally, that is what I ordered. My wife on the other hand, was not happy about the lack of power seats and insisted on the upgrade to leather with power. Initially, I was disappointed about losing the floor drain plug feature and easy washout interior, and add to that, paying an extra $2K+ to go to a leather material that does not look to be much better (if at all) compared to the standard MGV. After thinking about this more, I will have a few different friends as passengers at times and of course my wife, so the power seats will be good for them. Between that, happy wife, happy life and the much fewer occurrences of using the drain plugs, I'm happy about my decision to upgrade.

My two cents.

Empire

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Lariat Sport/Ordered 2021 BroncoWildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Where are you guys finding the option for the power driver seat? I've got a wildtrak 4-door, lux package and leather upgrade and I don't see any mention of having power seats? I'm hoping it has power seats but all I see is manual seats...
Sponsored