Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Here's a screenshot from Build and Price that I was going off of, you can see the heated option mentioned under leather but not under the MGV

Screen Shot 2021-02-27 at 1.27.57 PM.png
Don't forget the cupholders that come with the leather!
Sponsored

Empire

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Lariat Sport/Ordered 2021 BroncoWildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
In the B&P, when you look at the information for the leather seats, scroll down. The mention of powered seats (4-door) is below the fold. Not obvious if you’re looking at in on a phone screen.

5B6779D1-BDAC-44AF-9B15-0178DDB3DCD2.jpeg
Thank you for that. I've definitely overlooked it a few times I guess. I also looked at the order guide and saw that itwas on there. Definitely makes me happy!

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
They can engineer them to flip up like that without safety issue. Its really simple. You bulletproof the locking mechanism. Fairly easy to do actually. Will they do it? Probably not. These days its basically slide forwards and fold seat forward which serves its purpose just as well
I'm not convinced the slide forward method does as well. Here is a comparison I made, of a CJ-7 vs new Bronco rear seat access.

I realize the Bronco image is from the driver side. But from the photos/videos I've seen, the passenger side Bronco seat doesn't slide much more forward if at all.

The flip forward seat provides significantly more access room lower down, particularly in the foot area. And that can be important when stepping into and especially out of a higher elevated vehicle.

Ford Bronco Power seat vs. manual CJ7vsBronco_RearSeatAccess

papsblue

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I cant see how, 6 ways is 6 ways.

just checked the order guide to see

" Seats — Cloth Buckets — 6-way Manual Driver and Passenger (Fore/Aft, Up/Down, Recline) "

that agrees with it as well.

I wouldnt expect lumbar on the manual seat.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/live-q-a-with-badlands-bronco.10821/

If you fast forward to 47:15 on this video, you can see it. Driver side only.

I remember now someone mentioning that Ford doesn't count lumbar as one of the "ways"

Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don't know, but Ford if you are listening, please consider a better option for allowing more 2-door rear seat access. There are various ways of design, here is from an old Blazer:

Before Ralph Nader and Federal crash standards...

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Driver or passenger memory is always specified in dealer guides, its not common in ford vehicles that arent platinum/king ranch trims, so given that its not mentioned in bronco, and we've never seen a photo showing the "1/2/3" profile selection button, Im 99.9% sure no bronco has that feature.
With no presets, I don't miss the power seats nearly as much. I will be surprised if the memory feature doesn't get added in a future model year, though.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They can engineer them to flip up like that without safety issue. Its really simple. You bulletproof the locking mechanism. Fairly easy to do actually. Will they do it? Probably not. These days its basically slide forwards and fold seat forward which serves its purpose just as well
The problem is some dumbass will not latch the seat correctly, get in an accident, and kill a passenger. Then Ford will have the Pinto flamb'e all over again. You can't bulletproof against dumbass...

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The problem is some dumbass will not latch the seat correctly, get in an accident, and kill a passenger. Then Ford will have the Pinto flamb'e all over again. You can't bulletproof against dumbass...
Yes, people confuse what is possible from an engineering standpoint with what is possible when complying with FMVSS.

Wizard1183

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Sierra/ 2010 Camaro 2SS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bs. That’s the same as just getting into a car and a passenger doesn’t put a seatbelt on and dies. Manufacturer isn’t responsible.

Sponsored

Jackattack

Badlands
First Name
Jarmon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bullsh
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes obviously it’s the latch. But a pull type spring actuated latch would not break similar to this:
No actually, I was saying I presume it's more the seats ability to lift up at all. Foreward collision, seat latch fails, seat throws your face into the dashboard and you have the air bag coming out somewhere between 100 to 220 mph with nowhere to go except into your face.... Probably wouldn't be pretty and a good lawyer could blame it on poor engineering from the manufacturer! Lol

Wizard1183

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Sierra/ 2010 Camaro 2SS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No actually, I was saying I presume it's more the seats ability to lift up at all. Foreward collision, seat latch fails, seat throws your face into the dashboard and you have the air bag coming out somewhere between 100 to 220 mph with nowhere to go except into your face.... Probably wouldn't be pretty and a good lawyer could blame it on poor engineering from the manufacturer! Lol
Operator error. If you indeed latch a seat? It won’t fail. One family may get paid IF this unicorn collision/catastrophe existed? But probably only 1. Not 5 families.

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As I drive my vehicle 98% of the time, and my wife 2%, manual seat is not an issue for me. I actually miss manual seats at times, just for how quick you can move the seat out of the way when needed.
Do you have multiple drivers and need different presets? Do the power seats on the Bronco come with presets? If not, than is there a point to having power seats?
I am in this camp. It will be my vehicle and the wife may drive it once just to see but then she will be back to her Q5. The Q5 has memory seats and that's good because when we travel long distances I drive.
Best this forum has been able to ascertain, no memory on the Bronco power seats. Maybe if they build a King Ranch it will have power seats.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Bs. That’s the same as just getting into a car and a passenger doesn’t put a seatbelt on and dies. Manufacturer isn’t responsible.
No. There are FMVSS that dictate how front seats are anchored to the floor board.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A lot of the people in this thread have never worked to keep idiots from killing themselves and others... and it shows.
Sponsored

Last edited: