First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Update 3/22: The dealership I bought the Bronco from said they could get me in today if I brought it in when they opened so I was there bright and early. I was told I’d get a call at noon with a diagnosis which I did. They said since the check engine light doesn’t appear on the dash anymore, they had to look at the code and they got something that told them it was the turbo not responding when it should have. They said they couldn’t fix it because it wasn’t recreating the problem and to bring it back when the light comes back on.

I took delivery of my 4 door 2022 outer banks 2.3L on 3/11. On 3/18 I took it on its first road trip to Austin from Dallas and I got the powertrain malfunction/ reduced power error about half way to Austin. I noticed it was more difficult to accelerate so I pulled over to Bucee’s and turned the bronco off for about 30-45 minutes while I did a google search of the issue. When I turned it back on, the error was gone from the dashboard and my FordPass app so I got back on the road. It wasn’t as difficult to accelerate as it was before I pulled over but at this point I was definitely paranoid. Fast forward to today, I was able to bring it in to the dealership but they said I would have to drop it off and they wouldn’t be able to even look at it until the end of the week, if not next week. I called around and found a ford dealership that for sure could look at it on Thursday so we’ll see what happens then. It drives ok, I still notice a slight lag when trying to accelerate that wasn’t there before the error but I’m keeping an eye on it since this is my only car and rental car prices are insane. I’ll post an update on Thursday.

Ford Bronco Powertrain Malfunction Error 981503BF-FA36-4F8F-BB6D-400F9FACE8D3

Ford Bronco Powertrain Malfunction Error EF8033A8-E2CA-4F31-9E03-2CE41C511850
Sponsored

Last edited:

Notmattwong

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Glad to hear you made it back safely! My bimmer left me stranded right outside of Waco coming back from Austin a few years ago, that 112 mile tow back to Frisco was not fun or cheap.

JTK37

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had a similar fault back in Sept that led to a Transmission Control Module replacement. When my faults came up none of my Goat modes were available and I couldn't select a drive mod(2H/4A/4Hi etc). Based on the binding in the drivetrain during tight full lock to lock turns in parking areas I was stuck in 4Hi- which I had not used any time remotely close to the fault

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Posted about this a few days earlier. No resolution yet on the wife's Bronco as of this afternoon and a new module installed earlier today. Tech stated its worse now than when it was pulled into service.

OP
OP

BroncoGabs

Outer Banks
First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Posted about this a few days earlier. No resolution yet on the wife's Bronco as of this afternoon and a new module installed earlier today. Tech stated its worse now than when it was pulled into service.
What’s worse and how could it get worse?
Sponsored