First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A51 4door badsquatch high
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got this ppf quote for my Sasquatch badlands from the dealers shop. Was just gonna get gator backs but for some reason can’t send them to granger. Anyway I know nothing about ppf, I know to ask if he’s gonna use XPEL but aside from that, I just told him I wanted protection from road rocks and other debris and under when I’m rock crawling. This is the most expensive car I’ve ever bought so I don’t know if this is stupid, feel free to tell me. This was what he recommended and it sounded legit, more than Ford but also more protection:
“would recommend a partial front end then. This will cover 1/4 hood, 1/4 fender and the strip up front underneath the grill that is painted. I would also recommend doing the lower parts of your doors. That way you protect from rocks coming up as well.
All of that in PPF would be $1,295.00“
Sponsored

mountainbronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I had the hood lip and front tips of the fenders done, for about 300. Now, I just got a quote to do all four doors top to bottom, for 1000. So 1295 appears reasonable.

I decided to do the bottom half of all 4 doors for 500, as the rocks will likely not make it higher than that, and, I opted for the wider Sasquatch fenders which will give additional protection.

In general, Ford's paint is very thin and very exposed to immediate damage (unlike something like a Toyota which is very well protected with thicker paint and specific rocker panel protection in the paint layers)

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

sounds good to me. I'm going to add PPF on the front of the hood myself, it's the only place I have damage on my old Taco. Lower part of doors can help, but not against flying rocks, ppf is rather thin, not really armor.
I'm getting mudflaps as soon as some reasonably priced ones are available for the BL.

Price also seems ok, more than I'd spend, but around what I'd have expected.

OP
OP
graavy1999

graavy1999

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks guys, someone just hit and ran my house in the time since this thread has gone up. If that’s not a sign to stay protected I don’t know what is!

2022 base

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Chevy, 2004 Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not sure the price today but I used to own an accessory shop and we computer cut patterns with 3M film and install it for the local dealers with a price break for volume and preloaded lot units. If you are taking it to the shop the dealer uses, they could give you dealer price. I would have back in the day.

Sponsored

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
check with @Underground Graphics. They look like they have a great product and they are very quick to respond to questions and comments.

Underground Graphics

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.undergroundgraphics.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco, 20 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got this ppf quote for my Sasquatch badlands from the dealers shop. Was just gonna get gator backs but for some reason can’t send them to granger. Anyway I know nothing about ppf, I know to ask if he’s gonna use XPEL but aside from that, I just told him I wanted protection from road rocks and other debris and under when I’m rock crawling. This is the most expensive car I’ve ever bought so I don’t know if this is stupid, feel free to tell me. This was what he recommended and it sounded legit, more than Ford but also more protection:
“would recommend a partial front end then. This will cover 1/4 hood, 1/4 fender and the strip up front underneath the grill that is painted. I would also recommend doing the lower parts of your doors. That way you protect from rocks coming up as well.
All of that in PPF would be $1,295.00“
$1295 is a good deal for Xpel PPF in those areas., as long as they are including the lower rocker panels as well. We charge $995 for partial front and $1995 for full front, and $6500+ for full body.
Greg

OP
OP
graavy1999

graavy1999

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
$1295 is a good deal for Xpel PPF in those areas., as long as they are including the lower rocker panels as well. We charge $995 for partial front and $1995 for full front, and $6500+ for full body.
Greg
Thanks, I’ll ask about the lower rocker panels. Have you heard of Suntek? That’s what they’re using

Underground Graphics

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks, I’ll ask about the lower rocker panels. Have you heard of Suntek? That’s what they’re using
SunTek is great film too. I started with them and switched to Xpel just due to that's who my installer uses. Suntek and Xpel is like 3M and Avery, ...both at the top of the industry.

Underground Graphics

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
you are correct, he has not yet, ...he said after lunch. damn slackers!
And thanks for the tip on the Sponsors Marketplace, ...another spot I had not visited, yet.

Sponsored
OP
OP
graavy1999

graavy1999

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
SunTek is great film too. I started with them and switched to Xpel just due to that's who my installer uses. Suntek and Xpel is like 3M and Avery, ...both at the top of the industry.
Sweet thx

Dubsesd

Big Bend
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Ford F-150, 06 Roush Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If you plan on off roading I would spring for the full doors and full front fenders for pin striping.

Last edited:

ELKS1

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F150 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I had the hood lip and front tips of the fenders done, for about 300. Now, I just got a quote to do all four doors top to bottom, for 1000. So 1295 appears reasonable.

I decided to do the bottom half of all 4 doors for 500, as the rocks will likely not make it higher than that, and, I opted for the wider Sasquatch fenders which will give additional protection.

In general, Ford's paint is very thin and very exposed to immediate damage (unlike something like a Toyota which is very well protected with thicker paint and specific rocker panel protection in the paint layers)
Do you by chance have any close up pics of the PPF you had done?

mountainbronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Do you by chance have any close up pics of the PPF you had done?
Here 3 pics, you can barely see it. Was the factory PPF, but Ford does this offsite at a vendor. Goes up to gun sites and is about the first 20" of the hood. I added the aeroskin II, which is awesome, perfect blend and lip protection. I also hope the air deflector may help with rocks on the windshield. The doors are scheduled in Jan.
Ford Bronco PPF Experts needed 20211211_081134
Ford Bronco PPF Experts needed 20211211_081102
Ford Bronco PPF Experts needed 20211211_081036
Sponsored