Sponsored

PPF Experts Needed - Weird spot on the hood.....

NCLife

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So the short version is I just got my first Bronco. I bought it off Carvana. It's a 2023 Base Sasquatch. I've been a Jeep guy for ages, still love them but wanted to try the Bronco. I had the reservation in 21 and cancelled....you know the story. Anyway, the vehicle is great with only 3k miles. However, there is this tan spot in the hood. Given the 7 day return period I took the opportunity to thoroughly detail it so I could see every square inch. I discovered these lines going down the front fenders, which led me back to some weird peeling I discovered at the windshield edge of the hood. That led me to believe the whole hood has film over it, along with the front of the fenders. When you look at the pictures of the spot you will see the surface is perfectly shiny but it's like the tan is in the paint. At first I thought something got on the paint that somehow bleached the pigment, which sounds just as stupid when I type it.

So the question is - is it possible that spot is in a film over the hood, and if I remove it, problem solved? Anyone seen anything like this?

I've got a case in with Carvana but hope this is the resolution, rather than returning, repainting or some kind or refund. Thanks in advance.

Ford Bronco PPF Experts Needed - Weird spot on the hood..... IMG_0957

Ford Bronco PPF Experts Needed - Weird spot on the hood..... IMG_0956

Ford Bronco PPF Experts Needed - Weird spot on the hood..... IMG_0886

Ford Bronco PPF Experts Needed - Weird spot on the hood..... IMG_0885
Sponsored

Mad Max

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Remove the PPF. No way the prior owner spent the money on PPF to stick it on over discoloration. Paint is probably fine. If not it'll be a minimal paint job for a body shop.

Bschurr

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Braptor / 2023 Heritage LE / 2016 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

So the short version is I just got my first Bronco. I bought it off Carvana. It's a 2023 Base Sasquatch. I've been a Jeep guy for ages, still love them but wanted to try the Bronco. I had the reservation in 21 and cancelled....you know the story. Anyway, the vehicle is great with only 3k miles. However, there is this tan spot in the hood. Given the 7 day return period I took the opportunity to thoroughly detail it so I could see every square inch. I discovered these lines going down the front fenders, which led me back to some weird peeling I discovered at the windshield edge of the hood. That led me to believe the whole hood has film over it, along with the front of the fenders. When you look at the pictures of the spot you will see the surface is perfectly shiny but it's like the tan is in the paint. At first I thought something got on the paint that somehow bleached the pigment, which sounds just as stupid when I type it.

So the question is - is it possible that spot is in a film over the hood, and if I remove it, problem solved? Anyone seen anything like this?

I've got a case in with Carvana but hope this is the resolution, rather than returning, repainting or some kind or refund. Thanks in advance.

Difficult to tell via pictures but I hope that’s not a “burn” mark from a shitty polishing job.

vicorjh

Wildtrak
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

IMG_0957.jpeg

IMG_0956.jpeg

IMG_0886.jpeg

IMG_0885.jpeg
Wow, that's terrible looking.

As mentioned by Bschurr, It does resemble the shape of a polishing pad.

(otherwise, congrats on the Bronco)

OP
OP
NCLife

NCLife

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It wasn't even an item disclosed as an imperfection on the listing. Look at the pics of how it arrived to me. The good news is they have already authorized me to take it to a few body shops around me. I'm going to ask for a few hundred dollars back to detail it. No pride anymore. As I mentioned, I detailed it already and except for the weird spot on the hood it looks like it has 3k miles on it. I suspect the PO took it through a bunch of mud to trade it in dirty so they wouldn't notice the hood.

Ford Bronco PPF Experts Needed - Weird spot on the hood..... IMG_0892

Ford Bronco PPF Experts Needed - Weird spot on the hood..... IMG_0890

Ford Bronco PPF Experts Needed - Weird spot on the hood..... IMG_0896

Ford Bronco PPF Experts Needed - Weird spot on the hood..... IMG_0891

Ford Bronco PPF Experts Needed - Weird spot on the hood..... IMG_0894

Ford Bronco PPF Experts Needed - Weird spot on the hood..... IMG_0897

Ford Bronco PPF Experts Needed - Weird spot on the hood..... IMG_0895

Ford Bronco PPF Experts Needed - Weird spot on the hood..... IMG_0893

Ford Bronco PPF Experts Needed - Weird spot on the hood..... IMG_0888

Ford Bronco PPF Experts Needed - Weird spot on the hood..... IMG_0887

Sponsored

Sk3tchy

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I hate to say it, but from others I've seen with similar problems, etc., you basically got a "Carvana Car". Their QC is non-existent.

OP
OP
NCLife

NCLife

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hate to say it, but from others I've seen with similar problems, etc., you basically got a "Carvana Car". Their QC is non-existent.
Yeah, I think that's exactly right. We had a great experience with Vroom on a Jeep we bought my son.

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not here to talk about your PPF... I noticed your profile picture and wanted to say YUT...2/5 here and I remember you boys from the Invasion. Retreat, Hell! Semper Fi, Brother.

OP
OP
NCLife

NCLife

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not here to talk about your PPF... I noticed your profile picture and wanted to say YUT...2/5 here and I remember you boys from the Invasion. Retreat, Hell! Semper Fi, Brother.
Rah