First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas, Honda Element, Fiat Electric
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am sure this is a ridiculous question. I am clueless on most things here but you all are teaching me a ton and I am grateful. I picked up my Wildtrak a week ago and am getting it wrapped today. They just reached out asking how I want to handle the Wildtrak emblem on the front fender. Wrap over it or remove it, order a new one and apply it after it is wrapped. I saw threads about the hood but not this side decal.
Sponsored

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,ā€˜21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am sure this is a ridiculous question. I am clueless on most things here but you all are teaching me a ton and I am grateful. I picked up my Wildtrak a week ago and am getting it wrapped today. They just reached out asking how I want to handle the Wildtrak emblem on the front fender. Wrap over it or remove it, order a new one and apply it after it is wrapped. I saw threads about the hood but not this side decal.
On my Badlands they cut around it. Can't notice unless you are really looking for it. But i wish i would have took it off. Then i could have left it off or put it back on. Now if i take it off ill have a hole in my ppf there.

EVH1994

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When I got Xpel PPF, the installer asked me if I wanted to leave my Badlands fender badges or remove them. I opted to keep them, and their template removed a triangle where the Badlands logo is. The film pretty much goes to the very edge of the logo, itā€™s pretty slick.

I donā€™t think the fender badges can be removed and reapplied. If you decide to remove them, you could buy a new set and install on top of the film. I personally wouldnā€™t have them install PPF over the badge.

OP
OP
run2savelives

run2savelives

Wildtrak
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I would not there will be a air gap all the way around it. I would have it removed. Install the PPF and put new emblems over the PPF.
Thanks! Having it removed. I am still torn on the hood emblem. I think the cut is around it then I will have ceramic coating at least to protect the decal.

Sponsored
OP
OP
run2savelives

run2savelives

Wildtrak
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
When I got Xpel PPF, the installer asked me if I wanted to leave my Badlands fender badges or remove them. I opted to keep them, and their template removed a triangle where the Badlands logo is. The film pretty much goes to the very edge of the logo, itā€™s pretty slick.

I donā€™t think the fender badges can be removed and reapplied. If you decide to remove them, you could buy a new set and install on top of the film. I personally wouldnā€™t have them install PPF over the badge.
Thanks for the reply. going to have it removed.

2023bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm going to try to remove mine myself and save them for reapplication. I believe if you heat the decals a bit with a hair dryer they'll come right off. I plan to take one of those big Summit Racing decals I'm always throwing away, and just use the backing part of it to attach the decals and then reapply after PPF. I don't want to trap the decals under PPF, in case I want to do something different later.

Wannabe Techie

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Good call. I echo what others wrote. I left my script on and they cut around it. Now I want to get the ADV script badges but I'll have a weird outline left over. PPF the entire vehicle and replacing the badge gives you more options later.

Sponsored

2023bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are installers removing the flares before installing full fender PPF? I assume so, but am curious if any have not. Mine is going to the shop next week.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As they aren't actual badges but just stickers it's an easy decision for me - remove the sticker. Proper PPF application is expensive, those stickers are cheap. Take the sticker off, apply the PPF, then do nothing for a while and determine if you actually miss the sticker. If you do either reapply the ones you took off (assuming they were/are salvageable) or put new ones on. You might find you like it "clean" or you want something different (scripts, custom logo's, etc.). In any case you've helped assure the $$$ you spent on PPF to protect your paint isn't derailed by a cheap-ass sticker. If I absolutely wanted to preserve the original "look" I'd search out for suppliers that make actual badges that resemble the stickers and use those instead.

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '97 Geo Tracker
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had mine removed and asked to keep the stickers. Mine are still usable after being removed. I ordered AR fender badges to replace the factory stickers

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I had my fender sticker removed and liked the clean look so I never put them back on or ordered anything else. My daily drivers have been debaged for decades and I might even remove the rear Bronco logo. Itā€™s not like anybody but the most clueless have a hard time identifying it as a Ford Bronco without a badge. :)

Soon my adult daughter will be buying this one and my ā€˜23 Eruption Green one arrives as itā€™s been sitting at the rail yard in St. Paul MN just 25 miles from my dealer for over a week. They are backed up due to all the snow weā€™ve had this winter. My dealer is expecting to deliver 14 Broncos, mostly to early reservation holders, in the next 10 days.

7/20/20 reservation with MIC, Sasquatch, and all the sins except tow.

Ford Bronco PPF over the emblem? 10FAB469-9AAF-4215-9931-2F97E1A9D89C