Sponsored

PPF On the wildtrak Graphics, removal issues?

Budewr

Raptor
First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
hey :) getting my rig in a couple of days wanted to get your opinoin on PPF and placing it on the wild Trak graphics or not

i have that package on, the graphics. and i want to do a full wrap on my rig to protect it,

should i cover the graphics with PPF? my concern is that if i do, first of all it will be glossy and no more metallic which is a big meh,

2nd, the real concern that if you decided to take the ppf off, or like replace it with another one after the years pass by, when they remove the ppf they might accidently remove the graphics from the hood and the graphics on the side,

cause im thinking that the graphics are not as solid as the paint job on the car lets say right? cause what im thinking is that they paint the car first then they add the graphics, so it must be not as solid as the paint

what do you think? should i wrap the graphics too?

Sponsored

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a WT with graphics. The guy that did mine did a matte finish on the hood decal. It made it where you couldn’t see the WT on the decal😩. As for the graphics on the doors, he advised against putting ppf over it. I finally just did the ppf from the front fenders forward, including the side mirrors, headlights and grill.

JWBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
How difficult would it be to remove the hood graphic? Is that something you should have done professionally? I was thinking of getting the entire hood done and removing the graphic completely. Any insight?

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

PPF installations I've seen on youtube remove and replace all of the graphics. The place that did mine cut the ppf right up to the hood graphic and it looks perfect

OP
OP

Budewr

Raptor
First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
PPF installations I've seen on youtube remove and replace all of the graphics. The place that did mine cut the ppf right up to the hood graphic and it looks perfect
i guess i will be doing whole ppf on the rig but excluding the graphics, i want to keep my babe boy clean and neat

Sponsored

HuntinHabit

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I had Xpel Ultimate done on my Wildtrak, whole body. I did not do stealth, and thought the matte finish of the hood decal wouldn't look right with the gloss over the top. My PPF guy agreed, so we decided to remove the decal. I don't know what it took to remove it, but it looks perfect. And we ordered another decal to go over the top of the PPF, but it's not in yet. You can't really see the hood in the pic, but you'd never know there was a decal.
Ford Bronco PPF On the wildtrak Graphics, removal issues? 20220129_111508 (2)

ameration

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting: Bronco 4-Door Wildtrak & 2-Door Base
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had Xpel Ultimate done on my Wildtrak, whole body. I did not do stealth, and thought the matte finish of the hood decal wouldn't look right with the gloss over the top. My PPF guy agreed, so we decided to remove the decal. I don't know what it took to remove it, but it looks perfect. And we ordered another decal to go over the top of the PPF, but it's not in yet. You can't really see the hood in the pic, but you'd never know there was a decal.
Ford Bronco PPF On the wildtrak Graphics, removal issues? 20220129_111508 (2)
I’m in the same boat as full XPEL is scheduled for mine. Do you have a part number for the replacement Wildtrak Hood Graphic?

ameration

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting: Bronco 4-Door Wildtrak & 2-Door Base
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
…The place that did mine cut the ppf right up to the hood graphic and it looks perfect
Could you please post some close up pics of that? Thanks.

HuntinHabit

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@ameration Sorry, I don't have that. The PPF shop had to order it through another local repair shop, so I have no idea. I don't even know cost as we are actually doing a little modification and it was all included in overall cost.

Sponsored

Scape Goat

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco PPF On the wildtrak Graphics, removal issues? 31B4D054-0587-4445-B1E4-8E97D898B0AE
Do you mind if I ask how much The Xpel Ultimate cost? Trying to gauge what is a fair price. I know regionally we might have different prices. you can PM me if you want.

HuntinHabit

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@Scape Goat 4K just for the Xpel. But I added tinted front windows and windshield, Exoshield on windshield, and ceramic coating over the Xpel. So I got a bit of a discount on everything for doing it all.

Dubsesd

Big Bend
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Ford F-150, 06 Roush Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Remove the decals, install PPF then order new decals then install the decals on top of the PPF. That’s the cleanest way to do it.

OP
OP

Budewr

Raptor
First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
had Xpel Ultimate done on my Wildtrak, whole body. I did not do stealth, and thought the matte finish of the hood decal wouldn't look right with the gloss over the top. My PPF guy agreed, so we decided to remove the decal. I don't know what it took to remove it, but it looks perfect. And we ordered another decal to go over the top of the PPF, but it's not in yet. You can't really see the hood in the pic, but you'd never know there was a decal.
nice looking :) im getting mine wrapped full body in a couple of days, without touching the the graphics, i dont want it to be glossy

i like matt better :)

HuntinHabit

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I like the matte better too honestly, it's what I intended to do. But a few reasons I decided against it. Unless you do all the door sills and columns, there will be a pretty big difference when you take the doors and top off. I've also heard that the matte can wear uneven over time and get shiny spots. True or not, I didn't like the gamble. And if you ever have to pull a section off for whatever reason, you would have to get the matte replaced as it would look way different. The gloss may change the sheen a bit, but it wouldn't really be noticeable if I didn't replace it.

My thought process was that the standard clear would serve me better long term for the intended purpose of paint protection, where the matte would be a more short term 'color change' that I could end up ripping off in a few years because of the above reasons.
Sponsored