First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
My fault not to order uplifter switches so my question is are the pre wiring still in overhead and other junction in my 22 base two door bronco and can I remove sun glass holder and access the wiring and be able to install my own switches or even factory assembly
Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No. You’ll need a different harness and battery junction box, along with the aux switches.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's possible, but not easy nor cheap. You have to rip apart the entire upper trim section, the A-pillar on the passenger side, and install an entirely new battery junction box to wire it in.

OP
OP

jjsgroi

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's possible, but not easy nor cheap. You have to rip apart the entire upper trim section, the A-pillar on the passenger side, and install an entirely new battery junction box to wire it in.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP

jjsgroi

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks for replying I guess i not doing that. But are the wires there and from what you say I think you said the pre wired are in the pass. A pillor so I was going to reroute them to top of dash and put my fog and bumper lite switch next to traction switches. I guess I'll have to find a wire diagram

jayr1959

Big Bend
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep JK 2DR 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My wife and I did the install (and were still Married). The hardest part was reinstalling the air bag bolts. That took an hour. The full install was 4 hours. The wallet suffered as the total cost of the parts was 770.

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'll go further and say it's absolutely NOT worth it. I needed it so bad when I got mine and the order was wrong I dumped almost 1k in to the project and it took ages.

There are a lot of much better options out there for far less than what that project cost me. sPOD, Switch Pros, etc... I promise you, far better ways to go. Just find a nice place to mount them.

As a weird aside, because I added them and not ford I was refused warranty service for an electrical issue from one dealership.

Full stop, learn from my mistake. Don't bother. Get something alternative and remove it if you sell the vehicle.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The OEM upfitter switches don't do anything that an aftermarket switch will do, at 1/5 the price and 1/5 the difficulty of installation. Other than look OEM.

If you are just after auxiliary switches, there are dozens of aftermarket options at all various price points, switch styles, and number of points. I even recall seeing a wireless one that's pretty easy to install.

Regarding wiring - you will not have the wiring up to the top of the dash where the sunglasses holder is. And you won't have the upfitter panel under the hood - those are part of what you would need to buy ~if~ you wanted to go OEM. All the black wires in the diagram - you won't have.

But there are 5 wires that are pre-run that you will have -- B1/B2/C/D/E. They don't go to anything at all - just pre-run wires in some convenient locations.

Ford Bronco Pre wired to 22 bronco without ordered switches 1705256828232

Last edited:

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for replying I guess i not doing that. But are the wires there and from what you say I think you said the pre wired are in the pass. A pillor so I was going to reroute them to top of dash and put my fog and bumper lite switch next to traction switches. I guess I'll have to find a wire diagram
The wiring harness isn't even there. You have to buy the correct wiring harness, rip everything apart, install it, and put it all back.

Sponsored

JC2DR

Base
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base 2dr 2.3 7speed
Your Bronco Model
Base
That would be a huge pain, both in time, energy and expense. Just use trigger wireless switches.

OP
OP

jjsgroi

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
That would be a huge pain, both in time, energy and expense. Just use trigger wireless switches.
Thanks for replying ..going different route

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you don’t want to replace the harness or swap fuse box. Just buy the switch panel. Run your own wires. Have the switches control relays for high current devices. Would be just like doing aftermarket except using OEM switches which looks the best IMO.

OP
OP

jjsgroi

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you don’t want to replace the harness or swap fuse box. Just buy the switch panel. Run your own wires. Have the switches control relays for high current devices. Would be just like doing aftermarket except using OEM switches which looks the best IMO

OP
OP

jjsgroi

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base