Sponsored

Predictions please - is Eruption Green a 1 year color?

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

i sympathize with those who could not get their color choice and as someone who wants a white modular top with green, should i have the same concern? was inclined to wai for the white top to order, but if green is a 1 year color the play will have to be order in 2022 and either wait for ford or aftermarket to do white top- what say you?
damn i hope the aftermarket steps up and does a better top with removable side sliders and no tint option
Sponsored

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No one knows how long Eruption Green will be around.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's my biggest fear as well. That we'd finally get green but it would be a one year thing. I've been holding out for the body colored mod top. I'm hoping that they'll move the mod top up to late MY22 take pressure off the MIC. But I may end up switching to another top towards the end of MY22 to secure my green and ordering the mod top over the counter. Decisions. Decisions. I'll keep bugging Mr. Levine on Twitter about it😆

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Complete speculation, but I’d think that since EG seems to be a Bronco-specific color, they’ll leave it on the palette for longer than a year. Rapid Red and AMB are/were colors on other Ford vehicles. Maybe they’re trying to rotate in/out colors they already have in the inventory (hot pepper red for ‘22 adds to this theory — could see that going away for ‘23 if it doesn’t sell well)

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Complete speculation, but I’d think that since EG seems to be a Bronco-specific color, they’ll leave it on the palette for longer than a year. Rapid Red and AMB are/were colors on other Ford vehicles. Maybe they’re trying to rotate in/out colors they already have in the inventory (hot pepper red for ‘22 adds to this theory — could see that going away for ‘23 if it doesn’t sell well)
They should just not sell HPR, keep AMB and Rapid Red until 2023. But my prediction is yes Eruption Green will only be for MY22. So get it while you can

Sponsored

Rayder

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It all depends on how well it does. If the take rate is very low like AMB it won't last long and won't be coming back. If it does well, Ford likes to keep certain colors in rotation, like Guard, leadfoot, Rapid Red, Grabber Blue etc. I think it will have a year or two in production, go away for a couple years, come back for a couple years and so on. I think it will be popular enough for that, but if MAP isn't going to shoot it on the Ranger as well it won't be a permanent color.

Rayder

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
They should just not sell HPR, keep AMB and Rapid Red until 2023. But my prediction is yes Eruption Green will only be for MY22. So get it while you can
Was at the dream cruise and spoke to some Ford people there. HPR was brought in for the heritage model. They didn't want to be bringing in a whole bunch of new colors, so tried looking at what they had in inventory already that would work. HPR is apparently fairly close to a color called Calypso Coral that was available on the gen1 Bronco.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Eruption Green will be on the 2022 Mustang as well.

TopRecon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I doubt it, I think it'll be available on whatever Heritage Edition they offer once they have the white tops sorted out by MY23 considering how they referenced Mallard Green during the unveiling. I imagine it'll be around for two years at least.

1970-ford-bronco.jpg

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Eruption Green will probably also be sold on the 2022 Mustang. But I don't see it doing well on the Mustang... so... that may be bad news for the Bronco as well unless it sells like crazy.

If they also put Eruption Green on the Ranger, then I suspect Ford has high confidence that it'll do well, but I don't think the 2022 Ranger colors have been announced yet.

And honestly this is just pure speculation anyway. Sometimes Ford's decisions don't make sense from our point of view. I would never have guessed that they would bring back hot pepper red. They had it for a year on the 2019 Ranger, but as far as I could tell it didn't do particularly well, and they removed it as an option for 2020/2021. BUT... now suddenly its back on the Bronco... so... 🤷‍♂️

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Eruption Green will probably also be sold on the 2022 Mustang. But I don't see it doing well on the Mustang... so... that may be bad news for the Bronco as well unless it sells like crazy.

If they also put Eruption Green on the Ranger, then I suspect Ford has high confidence that it'll do well, but I don't think the 2022 Ranger colors have been announced yet.

And honestly this is just pure speculation anyway. Sometimes Ford's decisions don't make sense from our point of view. I would never have guessed that they would bring back hot pepper red. They had it for a year on the 2019 Ranger, but as far as I could tell it didn't do particularly well, and they removed it as an option for 2020/2021. BUT... now suddenly its back on the Bronco... so... 🤷‍♂️
its on the GT500 color pallet only unless I missed something.

Stace Caseria

Badlands
First Name
Stace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Outback, '57 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Spider
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My prediction is that it will continue past 2022, but it still won't make some of us happy who wanted a Boxwood green so even though there is a green, there will still be plenty of complaints. Lots of complaints.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it'll stick around a while since it seems to be on multiple vehicles. Looks like it'll be pretty popular.

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Was at the dream cruise and spoke to some Ford people there. HPR was brought in for the heritage model. They didn't want to be bringing in a whole bunch of new colors, so tried looking at what they had in inventory already that would work. HPR is apparently fairly close to a color called Calypso Coral that was available on the gen1 Bronco.
So is HPR going to be only on Heritage?! Are they saying they're getting rid of Rapid Red AND I can't even get the ugly replacement unless we get the Heritage edition? That's even worse! @FordMotorCompany Keep Rapid Red for MY22 at least through Job#1
Sponsored