Sponsored

Price Protection 2023 -- why certificate may not show up?

Wilson66

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf GTI
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hello,

Hate to trouble everyone. Any insight into why Price Protection certificate may not show up? This is tied to an original 7/15/2020 reservation, that I converted 10/2022. Was expecting $2845 in PP based on everything known. Went today to purchase and no certificate. I walked. Called Ford, no real help, they state yeah, should qualify , but no certificate. ?? Frustrating to say the least. Was a pretty simple promise from Ford. I get the idea it’s a typo in the order, But no one seems interested in correcting. Any ideas ?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Wilson66

Wilson66

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf GTI
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks for the replies. Believe me , I understand how it’s supposed to work. I’m saying it’s not …. Are there any tips when you got no certificate despite having 7/15/2020 reservation. It’s a $2845 typo somewhere.

OP
OP
Wilson66

Wilson66

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf GTI
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If you certificate is missing, then your dealer needs to contact their Inventory Manager at Ford. That Inventory Manager needs to contact the Contests and Incentives Team... which will track down your missing certificate.
Thank you good sir. Dealer now states it’s one price protection per household or I guess person. ? Seems like dealer speak for we will easily sell it someone else. —Each Bronco should Qualify correct, not one use… which was $695 on my first Big Bend. Ugh… I assumed the PP piece would be the easy part.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Wilson66

Wilson66

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf GTI
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yeah the certificate is good for the certificate holder or someone in the certificate holder's immediate household (wife, sons, daughters, etc.).

BUT.... if you already used a price protection certificate on a Big Bend, then Ford may consider your reservation to be "fulfilled"... and you may not get another one for a 2023MY. I know it was something @Beach_Bum and I were talking about last year. I think we were speculating that you should be able to "double-dip", but I'm not sure if we ever got an official word from Ford about it.
Ok. That makes some sense potentially. Definitely not something I considered lol. They dealer still allegedly trying to sort it out now. If true, one per person, may upset many more folks as that wasn’t really mentioned anywhere that I’ve read. Thanks for the insight.

Delli555

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for the replies. Believe me , I understand how it’s supposed to work. I’m saying it’s not …. Are there any tips when you got no certificate despite having 7/15/2020 reservation. It’s a $2845 typo somewhere.
The certifcates have expiration dates on them. I found out by calling the Bronco hotline at Ford that mine expired 12/31/22. I was upset but I guess the dealership can contact their reps and get an "extension" for the certifcate. This is VERY upsetting not knowing what price I will pay when I get mine later this month. The dealer told me basically I get it if it is in the system they will honor it, but if not then tough luck as the dealership only promised me MSRP and it is Ford who promised the PP. I wasn't happy with that so I cut on the dealer and only talk to the GM now and Ford. The dealership GM wasn't aware of ever having to apply for an extension, sor o he says. In past it automatically rolls over so this is new for him, but he did talk to corporate and was made aware of the process to do it.

For some reason lots of original res. holders had expiration dates 12/31/22 and 1/3/23, so I am guessing this is what happened. Possibly, Ford is just slacking and will automatically update with this in system soon, otherwise it is up to dealership to apply for the extension. My dealership said they will still honor MSRP, but now I don't know if I will be paying '21, '22 or '23 MSRP after I thought I was price locked into '21 MSRP.

I told the dealer I WILL NOT being paying '23MY MSRP for a '22MY that was built in Sept and still not delivered yet. Not my fault Ford couldn't deliver by end of year when it was built 4 months ago now. They should have gone out of the way for me to automatically extend it is the very least they could have done for making me wait all this time.

@Ford Motor Company What do you know about the price protection certficates expiring for original reservation holders?

Last edited:

Kdk12

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee, Yamaha V-star Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just noticed you are in Cleveland (me too)
... If you don't mind, who is your dealer?

Delli555

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thank you good sir. Dealer now states it’s one price protection per household or I guess person. ? Seems like dealer speak for we will easily sell it someone else. —Each Bronco should Qualify correct, not one use… which was $695 on my first Big Bend. Ugh… I assumed the PP piece would be the easy part.
I didn't buy one already and mine got dropped too. See my post above. Let's hope this is a "system error" and will be resolved ASAP.

Delli555

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There's a huge thread on this already with all the info you're asking
Which one? If you are referring to the Price Protection Flow chart ones (which are amazing) this situation is very different and is not covered in those, as this is a new problem as of 10 days ago.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Wilson66

Wilson66

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf GTI
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just noticed you are in Cleveland (me too)
... If you don't mind, who is your dealer?
Elyria Ford. They’ve been ok to deal with and I’m certain it’s not an issue at their end. But $2845 certificate is hard to let slide. Unclear if mine expired, and needs re instated , or it’s one per customer, not one per Bronco. Ford had never stated one per customer so that seems unlikely. But possible.

OP
OP
Wilson66

Wilson66

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf GTI
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I didn't buy one already and mine got dropped too. See my post above. Let's hope this is a "system error" and will be resolved ASAP.
How was yours left ? Did you take delivery ? Or it’s not in yet ? Or ??? Do tell

Kdk12

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee, Yamaha V-star Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ah, best of luck.... I don't know about them.. I was just wondering if it was the same incompetent dealership that I have the misfortune of having dealt with .

Delli555

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How was yours left ? Did you take delivery ? Or it’s not in yet ? Or ??? Do tell
Built in Sept. and didn't ship on rail until late November and has been on hold at the railyard lot since Dec. 4th in MA a llittle over a way from the dealership. Corporate still hasn't gotten back to the GM with detail of why it shows a "hold" in his system, but the transportation company is very backed up with shipping cars out by convoy so hopefully it is just a transportation issue and not on hold because got damaged on the rail. Ford estimates Jan 11-17th, but those updates are obviously not accurate because they haven't gotten pushed back a week or two every week since original delivery estimate of mid-October.

I already got the bank check out and everything ready to go in October and have an email stating an exact out the door price from dealer from that week, so I don't plan on giving them more and will bring a copy of the email as well as original purchase agreeement from '21 that says MSRP. I don't think they can charge me '23 MSRP since mine was built as a '22 already, but who knows what dealerships will try and pull off if you aren't paying attention. Gotta be ready to assume the worst when you go in there given the way this has unfolded every step along the way.

OP
OP
Wilson66

Wilson66

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf GTI
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ah, best of luck.... I don't know about them.. I was just wondering if it was the same incompetent dealership that I have the misfortune of having dealt with .
Part of the problem, as I see it, is it easier to figure out why my price protection certificate isn’t there, or just call the next guy waiting to buy one happily at MSRP. I hope that’s not the case, but let’s be realistic. Not sure my next move , but I’d be highly surprised they get this figured out, so then I gotta decide if I want to pay MSRP despite Ford promising Price Protection for 2.5 years. Good luck to you.
Sponsored