Sponsored

Price Protection 2023 -- why certificate may not show up?

Delli555

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for kind words. Yeah, I left the dealership , with no Bronco in hand to try and sort it out. I have same feelings as you. The Promise.. on their own website. Dealer probably clueless honestly. It’s not money out of their pocket either way, unless they feel they could make more off next guy, but that seems a lot of work , when I’ve already committed to buy with PP. Salesman called today and claims they still working on it …. I thanked him for his efforts and just request a final answer either way. But someone, somewhere in Ford could make this right, that’s the wrinkle that makes it so hard to accept. Thanks again.
I am curious how long the dealer will play the wait game trying to figure out your PP before they mark it up on the lot and try to sell it instead of dealing with resolving the issue. That would say a lot about what kind of dealership integrity they possess.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Wilson66

Wilson66

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf GTI
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am curious how long the dealer will play the wait game trying to figure out your PP before they mark it up on the lot and try to sell it instead of dealing with resolving the issue. That would say a lot about what kind of dealership integrity they possess.
I hear ya. And agree. I’m waiting out today. Will propose they meet me in middle and raise my trade value half the PP amount to get it sold to me, and offer they keep the PP if they ever sort it out. I could live with what amounts to. Still leaves a bit to be desired. But I could live with it, and shift the onus on them to figure it out. Probably not even possible. But worth offering to get the truck and still be happy.

Delli555

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I hear ya. And agree. I’m waiting out today. Will propose they meet me in middle and raise my trade value half the PP amount to get it sold to me, and offer they keep the PP if they ever sort it out. I could live with what amounts to. Still leaves a bit to be desired. But I could live with it, and shift the onus on them to figure it out. Probably not even possible. But worth offering to get the truck and still be happy.
The PP really is on corporate not the dealership, so I can see why they might not want to work with you if they can put it on the lot and mark it up instead doesn't give them a whole lot of incentive to look into things for you so really you have to get on it and call Ford and start a case as well as tell the sales manager or GM to look into filing the PP certificate extension for you and then you should get that $ back in rebate form down the road.

Good luck and keep us posted on the outcome!

OP
OP
Wilson66

Wilson66

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf GTI
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The PP really is on corporate not the dealership, so I can see why they might not want to work with you if they can put it on the lot and mark it up instead doesn't give them a whole lot of incentive to look into things for you so really you have to get on it and call Ford and start a case as well as tell the sales manager or GM to look into filing the PP certificate extension for you and then you should get that $ back in rebate form down the road.

Good luck and keep us posted on the outcome!
So far no ultimatum. So I think they still trying to figure it out. Or maybe I’m naive and they already sold it to someone else. I will call Ford again tomorrow to see if there’s anything I can do, or anyone else I can talk to. Thanks

Salt Shaker

Badlands
First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco, 15 Jeep GC, 15 Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Folks,

It has got to be a dealership issue. I walked into a dealership that a buddy recommended. They didn't know me from Adam. They didn't have a 2.7 insight for 500 miles so I ordered one. I thought it was 14 months...it was just under 12. I ordered at x and the msrp came in at y. I signed the paperwork on y and then asked about x the next day. (I was on a high 21 years old again shooting yotes out of my 71 Bronco) which and not paying attention...whish is an understatement and rare in my case).

The sales manager says "you know we never did talk price" let me look. He called me back and said if you don't hear from Ford call me back on the 15th and we will make it right. I received a check in the mail today. They made it right.

I picked it up at 3 miles on the clock, I asked how long I could have it to make my mind up...the said "it is yours, you ordered it take as long as you need, if you don't want it we are going to mark it up 15k and it will be gone in a week".

My experience.

Salt

Sponsored
OP
OP
Wilson66

Wilson66

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf GTI
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Folks,

It has got to be a dealership issue. I walked into a dealership that a buddy recommended. They didn't know me from Adam. They didn't have a 2.7 insight for 500 miles so I ordered one. I thought it was 14 months...it was just under 12. I ordered at x and the msrp came in at y. I signed the paperwork on y and then asked about x the next day. (I was on a high 21 years old again shooting yotes out of my 71 Bronco) which and not paying attention...whish is an understatement and rare in my case).

The sales manager says "you know we never did talk price" let me look. He called me back and said if you don't hear from Ford call me back on the 15th and we will make it right. I received a check in the mail today. They made it right.

I picked it up at 3 miles on the clock, I asked how long I could have it to make my mind up...the said "it is yours, you ordered it take as long as you need, if you don't want it we are going to mark it up 15k and it will be gone in a week".

My experience.

Salt
My perseverance paid off it appears, after going to GM level and who knows where from there, after long 2 days of waiting, dealer was able to confirm my Price Protection amount for what I ordered , was supposed to be for what I reserved in 2020 but …. It’s a win! Picking it up tomorrow ! At the end of 2 long days in Limbo, I have new found respect for my local small town dealer who did the right thing when they easily could have just issued a “take it or leave it” ultimatum. Good luck to anyone else in this “lost certificate” predicament , and thanks to all the genuinely nice responses. Much appreciated. I did have to ultimately send them my original reservation email confirmation from 7/15/2020… keep everything!!! See you at the Mall , Crawling in my outer Banks.

Cryptocereus

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Wrangler, Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My perseverance paid off it appears, after going to GM level and who knows where from there, after long 2 days of waiting, dealer was able to confirm my Price Protection amount for what I ordered , was supposed to be for what I reserved in 2020 but …. It’s a win! Picking it up tomorrow ! At the end of 2 long days in Limbo, I have new found respect for my local small town dealer who did the right thing when they easily could have just issued a “take it or leave it” ultimatum. Good luck to anyone else in this “lost certificate” predicament , and thanks to all the genuinely nice responses. Much appreciated. I did have to ultimately send them my original reservation email confirmation from 7/15/2020… keep everything!!! See you at the Mall , Crawling in my outer Banks.
Thats fantastic! Way to hold them to thier word. If you happen to figure out who it is that actually knows whats going on, please share!

OP
OP
Wilson66

Wilson66

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf GTI
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thats fantastic! Way to hold them to thier word. If you happen to figure out who it is that actually knows whats going on, please share!
I wish lol. But definitely went to GM at dealer and beyond. “Incentives” group as near as I can figure.

QuesoBob

Black Diamond
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Black Diamond, 20 Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Great to hear that this worked out for you! Hoping to see a post with it in your driveway and this all over with tomorrow ! Goodluck tomorrow!

Delli555

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The proof is in the pudding, so they say….Congrats! Will if come in the form of a rebate check from the dealership once they get reimbursed from Ford?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Wilson66

Wilson66

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf GTI
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The proof is in the pudding, so they say….Congrats! Will if come in the form of a rebate check from the dealership once they get reimbursed from Ford?
I believe they may even take it off MSRP up front this go around. But either way , will come off at time of purchase for these final private offer “price protections”

OP
OP
Wilson66

Wilson66

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf GTI
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Great to hear that this worked out for you! Hoping to see a post with it in your driveway and this all over with tomorrow ! Goodluck tomorrow!
I will post picts !!

Delli555

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I believe they may even take it off MSRP up front this go around. But either way , will come off at time of purchase for these final private offer “price protections”
Oh, ok. GM at dealership told me the smaller one ($825?) comes off at time of purchase and the bigger one ($2000+?) doesn not but they will cut you a check once they get reimbursed from Ford is how they operate at this dealership normally.

OP
OP
Wilson66

Wilson66

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf GTI
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Oh, ok. GM at dealership told me the smaller one ($825?) comes off at time of purchase and the bigger one ($2000+?) doesn not but they will cut you a check once they get reimbursed from Ford is how they operate at this dealership normally.
I think lasts years PP worked the way you describe. This years is simpler, one amount at time of purchase. I’m not sure if it’s off MSRP (as would make sense) or rebate after everything is calculated. I suppose it’s possible your truck is still on old program ? IDK.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That was for 2022. This thread is for 2023 which is different. Should all show up as a certificate to be applied at the time of sale. Key word "SHOULD". As usual, the program is Fubar like everything else with the launch so far.
Sponsored