RangerRick

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Off-Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As someone who has been a loyal ford customer for years, I am at my breaking point. Ford has lied numerous times throughout this Bronco fiasco and I don't know why I expected anything different when they said the hard tops on Dirt Mountain will be replaced with oldest orders being fixed first. Well here I am (and many others) at day number 108 at Dirt Mountain waiting on a new top. All while August builds now are getting theirs (2 doors just like mine). How could ford continue to royally screw this up???? Where are the answers to why people with newer builds are getting hard tops replaced while there's still those of us in June and early July sitting with no end in sight? Does anyone have someone who they can reach out to for answers? Sorry for the long post but this is becoming insane.
Sponsored

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm sure it's been a crazy fire drill over at MAP and they are doing whatever they feel they have to in order to get the most Broncos out the door, order be damned.

I can't answer why the communications team keeps telling us things that aren't true. Maybe they think they are true at the time they send the emails, but there's no excuse for not updating us when plans change.

I suspect Ford's internal communications about the Bronco situation have been roughly as good as as their external ones, given the number of times we get different stories from different parts of the company.

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They aren't going to stop producing cars just because they need more roofs. They said the fix for dirt mountain would come in November...remember the "November Fix" and all the posts about it? If other people weren't getting their Bronco's would you really feel any better? They need to make extra roofs, and right now they can barely make enough to finish the ones coming off of the assembly line. They aren't doing this to "you"...it's just something that's happening...like rush hour traffic.

OP
OP

RangerRick

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Off-Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They aren't going to stop producing cars just because they need more roofs. They said the fix for dirt mountain would come in November...remember the "November Fix" and all the posts about it? If other people weren't getting their Bronco's would you really feel any better? They need to make extra roofs, and right now they can barely make enough to finish the ones coming off of the assembly line. They aren't doing this to "you"...it's just something that's happening...like rush hour traffic.
I understand the whole "can't stop production" aspect and I'm not disappointed in that. What I'm disappointed in is the other builds in Dirt Mountain getting tops when they were the newer builds. For instance, August builds in Dirt Mountain are now getting tops while June and July builds still sit. Same builds that are newer are getting replacements while older builds still sit. That's what bugs me about it. It goes back to ford continuing to lie about what they are doing or going to do. The email sent to all of us awaiting tops specifically mentions prioritizing oldest builds first but then they go and replace tops of broncos built a month or two after that are in the same lot as the older ones.

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I understand the whole "can't stop production" aspect and I'm not disappointed in that. What I'm disappointed in is the other builds in Dirt Mountain getting tops when they were the newer builds. For instance, August builds in Dirt Mountain are now getting tops while June and July builds still sit. Same builds that are newer are getting replacements while older builds still sit. That's what bugs me about it. It goes back to ford continuing to lie about what they are doing or going to do. The email sent to all of us awaiting tops specifically mentions prioritizing oldest builds first but then they go and replace tops of broncos built a month or two after that are in the same lot as the older ones.
I'm with you there on the sub-par business practices. Everytime somebody gets shafted in this process it's never Ford or the Dealerships.

thestep90

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord, Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm finally at the point where I'm considering switching to a soft top. This hard top fiasco is a fucking nightmare.

I don't even know what to do anymore... I don't want to compromise but the communication is awful, the product is clearly flawed, I'm not sure if being delayed for eternity is a blessing or curse.
I dont know that it would help, mines always been a soft top, and its been "in production" since 8/2 so who knows if thats actually helpful
Sponsored