Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco; 2018 4Runner; 2008 GX470
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I would rather not use supplied power cable for any dashcam but rather tap existing power. That said, I do not have a powered rear view mirror. My thought is to tap the power and ground found in the Pre-collision apparatus. Good / bad idea? Has anyone tap this source? Does anyone have a wire diagram for the pre-collision black box?

Any other suggestions?
Sponsored

Cwill79

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

https://accessories.ford.com/dashcam-140-dash-camera-1

The dash cam from Ford comes with a harness for the OBD. Connect, run 1 wire up and to the mirror. It was really simple. I don’t love the dash cam, but I assume now that I have power up there, I can replace just the cam with one that has WiFi.

OP
OP
BleednBlue

BleednBlue

Big Bend
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco; 2018 4Runner; 2008 GX470
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

https://accessories.ford.com/dashcam-140-dash-camera-1

The dash cam from Ford comes with a harness for the OBD. Connect, run 1 wire up and to the mirror. It was really simple. I don’t love the dash cam, but I assume now that I have power up there, I can replace just the cam with one that has WiFi.
Thanks for the reply. I would like to install this. Unfortunately the supplied wire harness is only for powered rear view mirror.

wade65

Badlands
First Name
Wade Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Escape, 1965 Mercury Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a garmin dashcam and I picked up the cable to plug it into the OBD port under the dash. Ran it up under the window trim, down the A pillar and under the dash. Super easy.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If you are pulling trim and going up the A pillar - you could just as easy do an add-a-tap on the fuse panel under the steering wheel and keep your ODB port clear.

ODB works though. Going up the A pillar is a bit more work but isn’t crazy.

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I would rather not use supplied power cable for any dashcam but rather tap existing power. That said, I do not have a powered rear view mirror. My thought is to tap the power and ground found in the Pre-collision apparatus. Good / bad idea? Has anyone tap this source? Does anyone have a wire diagram for the pre-collision black box?

Any other suggestions?
There is a good youtube video of a guy in FL installing the Ford dashcam front and rear in his green bronco. I did it the same way and worked great.
Sponsored