Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Ya, it was $13 shipped today. Looking forward to trying this mod. Seems too easy.
Mark, did yours actually ship? My order was cancelled.
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I was canceled... :(
They do seem to show up every now and then. There was a run on them last year too from the Maverick and Sport side. I got one then for my Sport.

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They do seem to show up every now and then. There was a run on them last year too from the Maverick and Sport side. I got one then for my Sport.
My order got canceled as well.

Just doing a web search for "Homelink mirror", and looking at the shopping results, Gentex makes the same mirror for dozens of models across multiple manufacturers.

I think I'm just going to hit the junkyard and just start looking through every Subaru, Kia, Toyota, Lexus I see. I'll come up with one (or 2) for sure.

Bearcat1

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition Limited, 2006 BMW 330i
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I bought this one ebay for about $60. Worked great.

Ford Bronco $10 Kia rear view mirror install w/ homelink, auto dimming, compass (updated w/ videos & pics) 1692888362680

Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

My order got canceled as well.

Just doing a web search for "Homelink mirror", and looking at the shopping results, Gentex makes the same mirror for dozens of models across multiple manufacturers.

I think I'm just going to hit the junkyard and just start looking through every Subaru, Kia, Toyota, Lexus I see. I'll come up with one (or 2) for sure.
They are basically all the same. My 2013 Lexus looks to be the same

Broncoman7072

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco, 70 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Earlier in the year I had this same idea.
I searched gentex on eBay and picked the mirror I liked the best. Tied into key switched power at the upfitter/aux switches. I used the wires from the the mirror. Ground tied to ground obviously. Then constant power and the switched power I both connected to switched power. So that the garage opener would not function with the bronco not running Incase I left it sitting outside doorless. I am not trying to make it easier for a thief to get in my house.

Ford Bronco $10 Kia rear view mirror install w/ homelink, auto dimming, compass (updated w/ videos & pics) Screenshot_20230824-214953

Last edited:

PullMeOverRed22

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I can't find one either.

We are sorry to inform you that your order #xxxxx has been cancelled. For cancelation reasons please check your email as you will get another email with the reasons why it was cancelled and if possible a way to fix it.
If you have any other questions or would like assistance please respond to this email. You will receive faster assistance and step by step instructions when you contact us via email. Email response time is 6-8 hours where voicemail return call time is 24-48 hours.

We appreciate your business, and hope you will shop with us again!

Premier Kia
203-315-2080 | [email protected]
I had the same result.

TheGriffin1313

Base
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Good going I did the same mine was 26 bucks
when I added the mongo cam and monitor

IMG_4601.jpeg

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Update 7/26/23:

Here is a first YouTube video.

Update: Preliminary Install Results posted below

My $10 Kia rearview mirror (part # A7062-ADUP1) has arrived. Homelink, auto dim and compass for 10 bucks.

I have a Bad lands without too much optional electronic gadgetry. Which I’m happy about. Since when it breaks, it’s a ripoff to replace. I really don’t like the garage opener remote so this is a feature I really want.

Ford Bronco $10 Kia rear view mirror install w/ homelink, auto dimming, compass (updated w/ videos & pics) IMG_4601

Preliminary install. Went through the steps. Reassembled it as my daughter would like us to do a YouTube video.

Here are a few pics. I am not sure where I want to source 12v+, 12v+ switched and ground just yet.

Tools needed are Torx I think T20 and hand driver, plastic trim panel tool, 7mm socket/ratchet or nut driver. Needle nose. Torx bit fits both mirrors and the 2 inner mirror mounts screws behing small cover. 7mm socket fits main mirror mount after unsnapping plastic trim. Put mirror back to normal position and swing downward after removing 7mm to remove mirror. Needle nose squeezes clips that trim out top latch positions. Unsnap top a pillar corners from center panel. Center panel unsnaps easily. Wire loom is attached to center trim panel/switch panel so takes a little to remove it from the vehicle. More pics and video to follow once electrical is decided on.

Ford Bronco $10 Kia rear view mirror install w/ homelink, auto dimming, compass (updated w/ videos & pics) IMG_4601

Awesome!!
I used one of these that also had the lights in it for my 69 Bronco, which had damn near ZERO interior lighting in it.
I might have paid $15 at a junk yard from some random car.
Last I checked, they were all made by the same company.
They have different versions, lit, unlit, home link or not, etc etc

Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Awesome!!
I used one of these that also had the lights in it for my 69 Bronco, which had damn near ZERO interior lighting in it.
I might have paid $15 at a junk yard from some random car.
Last I checked, they were all made by the same company.
They have different versions, lit, unlit, home link or not, etc etc
Gentex is the company. And you are correct, most are basically the same with a few options.

FowlBronco77

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Explorer, Bronco Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Earlier in the year I had this same idea.
I searched gentex on eBay and picked the mirror I liked the best. Tied into key switched power at the upfitter/aux switches. I used the wires from the the mirror. Ground tied to ground obviously. Then constant power and the switched power I both connected to switched power. So that the garage opener would not function with the bronco not running Incase I left it sitting outside doorless. I am not trying to make it easier for a thief to get in my house.

Which model gentex?

Broncoman7072

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco, 70 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs