Sponsored

Production Stuck Check-In - Mod top issue?

KizerSoze71

Heritage
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I bit the bullet and put a deposit down on the Robin's Egg Blue 4 DR Manual. I travel south to finish out the details of my trade-in in the morning and hope to have it back home by tomorrow evening. Fingers crossed.
Sponsored

PlayTime

Outer Banks
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 2dr 2.3L OBX non-SAS Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I bit the bullet and put a deposit down on the Robin's Egg Blue 4 DR Manual. I travel south to finish out the details of my trade-in in the morning and hope to have it back home by tomorrow evening. Fingers crossed.
Excellent - that blue looks so much like the original color. Enjoy!

OP
OP
OverlandingPastor

OverlandingPastor

Heritage
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

With the top rack, now your car is too high to enter the garage. lol
It's actually OK. In garage now but when I put RTT on tomorrow it's going to be really tight!

PShane

Heritage
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Bus, 1978 Beetle, Caddilac CT4, 2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Ford is making leaps and bounds!! Only taking 2 months to build a vehicle now... What progress!! Now some might argue that it should only take a couple of days. But Ford is reinventing the automotive industry and revolutionizing quality standards and that kind of excellence takes extra time.... Ohh wait.... Nevermind! Ford just ain't that good at building cars right the first time 🤷‍♂️ So we wait 🤷‍♂️ and we wait 🤷‍♂️ and we wait some more... Someday... Maybe.... And somehow that's good enough... Only in automotive!! 🤦‍♂️

Sponsored

malpais

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Some old Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With the top rack, now your car is too high to enter the garage. lol
this was actually my concern as well. I ended up sacking the SAS package on my order in hopes I had a better chance of it getting built. Turns out that it saved my bacon when it came to the garage. I have less than 2” of garage clearance so I won’t be doing big tires or racks any time soon.

OP
OP
OverlandingPastor

OverlandingPastor

Heritage
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

this was actually my concern as well. I ended up sacking the SAS package on my order in hopes I had a better chance of it getting built. Turns out that it saved my bacon when it came to the garage. I have less than 2” of garage clearance so I won’t be doing big tires or racks any time soon.
I have about 7 inches of clearance getting in even with Rack on. I don't think I can get in once tent is on though. I bought the Raket rack because it's easy to remove. I don't plan to keep it on all the time.

malpais

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Some old Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Husband probably has the right idea! First Ford I've ordered. Love three Bronco but 100% regretting and wishing anybody but Ford' was building these things. They are just not that good. Very skeptical if I should even take delivery. I've pretty much only owned GM vehicles with no complaints. So I'm in a similar boat. Took a leap of faith because I love the Bronco. But now bit so sure I want anything to do with Ford!

I definitely feel this. My family has owned many, many Ford products, all lemons. Two mustangs, a mercury Capri, a jaguar X type, and others. They were all literal junk.

After my wife bought a new mustang I felt like the Ford quality had improved from my 80s and 90s models and so went for the Bronco. It’s also more advanced than both the Jeep and (current) 4Runner.

For the last 15 years I’ve only owned Hondas so fingers crossed!

Kant

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

I have about 7 inches of clearance getting in even with Rack on. I don't think I can get in once tent is on though. I bought the Raket rack because it's easy to remove. I don't plan to keep it on all the time.
My Everglades will be a challenge - most of the houses and the garages in FL are not high...I guess because of hurricanes.

bcarn

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Lots of Ford hate…

My last vehicle was a 2013 Ford Edge… zero issues for 11 years, took it in for oil changes, brakes, and tires when needed and I just sold it to make room for the Bronco.

My experience with Ford has been great, especially compared to Chrysler with the Pacifica my wife drives and the constant issues we have with it.

I don’t mind waiting to get a vehicle I custom ordered if it means Ford identified an issue and held it before shipping. That’s the behavior of a quality manufacturer in my mind. Issues are inevitable when manufacturing something so complicated, it’s how the manufacturer behaves in reaction to those issues that matters.

Sticking with my Bronco and seeing how it goes.

Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Tent on. Love the setup...will NOT Fit in garage with tent on though.
4d30989f-f59c-47a4-b4af-030b7f9d27ef.jpg
20240406_112807.jpg
20240406_115149.jpg
Looks great! Won’t fit in the garage with it on or up? :cool:

ps: Those M18 fans are the bomb aren’t they!

OP
OP
OverlandingPastor

OverlandingPastor

Heritage
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Just made it!
20240406_154148.jpg
20240406_154154.jpg
20240406_154414.jpg

OP
OP
OverlandingPastor

OverlandingPastor

Heritage
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Made it back from South Alabama with the only manual transmission within 300 miles.

Took just a sec to get back into the hang of things. I love it! The color is growing on me.

IMG_20240406_155313~2.jpg
I love that color.
Sponsored