Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Our '19 Ranger (pre-order) was stuck in production for over 2 months.

Turns out it was a TSB for the external keypad that was on our order sheet. Your vehicle will not leave "production" status until it is 100% complete to what's on the order sheet. So if there's a sudden commodity constraint or they discovered a faulty part, then your vehicle will stay right where it's at until they build corrected parts.

Interestingly, that same part is currently on it's second TSB and we await our 7th replacement unit. But I warned the forums enough times about the keypad I don't need to re-hash that.... Just sit back and wait until it happens to somebody else....

By any chance do you have the external keypad on your order?

Ford Bronco Stuck in production 57b25871aaec237e645f7304d92f87b4[1]

Papa Smurf

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Bronco WT. ā€˜23 Maverick. Hybrid. '23 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My tracker doesnā€™t have the date listed with the ā€œIn Productionā€ tab. Today is my blend date. Will the date be added once we go past today?

OP
OP

Dtdouglas1996

Outer Banks
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Turns out it was a TSB for the external keypad that was on our order sheet. Your vehicle will not leave "production" status until it is 100% complete to what's on the order sheet. So if there's a sudden commodity constraint or they discovered a faulty part, then your vehicle will stay right where it's at until they build corrected parts.

Interestingly, that same part is currently on it's second TSB and we await our 7th replacement unit. But I warned the forums enough times about the keypad I don't need to re-hash that.... Just sit back and wait until it happens to somebody else....

It has the luxury package and I think it does have one lol.

Sponsored

campbebc

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Searched for and read some of your previous posts as this is the first I'm hearing about it. Are you saying there's an active TSB on the external keypad so any build with it will be on hold? I have it on my build and I've been pushed back 4 times. Being that I have a VIN, I'm guessing that I'm just SOL and need to wait it out.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Searched for and read some of your previous posts as this is the first I'm hearing about it. Are you saying there's an active TSB on the external keypad so any build with it will be on hold? I have it on my build and I've been pushed back 4 times. Being that I have a VIN, I'm guessing that I'm just SOL and need to wait it out.
These SSM ID's are for Ranger, but the part number is the same for Bronco. I don't have enough inside info to know if Bronco will have it's own TSB/SSM for the same part number.

In Canada, SSM 48464 is valid

In the US, SSM 48026 is valid

Notice that Special Service Messages (SSM) differ slightly from TSB's technically. For this it's mostly that they can keep making defective parts because they only cost pennies and aren't a safety concern (unless you're being attacked by a bear and can't get into your vehicle, but then your estate can sue Ford, so don't worry) and if/when the part fails to pass inspection on the line, you get to wait for the next batch of faulty parts to come in and possibly get your rig built! Or not.

campbebc

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
These SSM ID's are for Ranger, but the part number is the same for Bronco. I don't have enough inside info to know if Bronco will have it's own TSB/SSM for the same part number.

Notice that Special Service Messages (SSM) differ slightly from TSB's technically. For this it's mostly that they can keep making defective parts because they only cost pennies and aren't a safety concern (unless you're being attacked by a bear and can't get into your vehicle, but then your estate can sue Ford, so don't worry) and if/when the part fails to pass inspection on the line, you get to wait for the next batch of faulty parts to come in and possibly get your rig built! Or not.
Thanks for the info, Rick! Now to hold on tight and ride the roller coaster since there's absolutely nothing I can do now that I'm VIN-locked.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thanks for the info, Rick! Now to hold on tight and ride the roller coaster since there's absolutely nothing I can do now that I'm VIN-locked.
Yea, once you have a VIN, that thing is getting built one way or another.

There are hundreds of reasons a vehicle might be slowed in production. Ford has a few hundred million man-hours of manufacturing experience on us, so we'll just have to assume they can get it sorted.

Enjoy the process as it's either that or fret/worry/stress..... Life is short enough, so just relax and go with the flow.

BTW: if your vehicle was picked for additional human testing you'll find notice of that in the glovebox at delivery. Ours was pulled and they documented mileage in/out. Even with the road testing, delivery mileage was 7 flat. So that's either not enough mileage to find faults, or just enough to get the low-hanging fruit. Our rig has been faultless (minus the continuing keypad fiasco) since delivery.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Dustin, just hang in there. After ordering many new vehicle over the years "In production" sometimes doesn't mean "right now". The way things are going at the plant it hard to say what the hold up is now. Just hope you don't get a notice that says, "Just kidding".

Stick your VIN in here. It may give you some more info. Probably not, but who knows at this point. Good luck

https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/

Sponsored

Greenbrick

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Iā€™m in a similar boat. Build week was 6/21, Blend date of 6/23, bottom of window sticker says 6/23, Ford tracker says in production 6/24. 4DR FE. Sooo close!!!

Clubdub

Badlands
First Name
J.W.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 limited f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™ve been in production since 6-22. Blend date 6-21. Date on bottom of window sticker 6-27. Checking hourly. šŸ˜‚

Toogrady

First Edition
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I am in the same boat, and just came across this thread as I was looking through another "production" thread. I use my keypad on my F150 religiously, so wanted to have it on the Bronco. I can now only sit back and enjoy the delivered posts dreaming about how well my keypad will work with the doors off, in two months when it comes, Ha!

Sponticore

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My two feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Badlands 4 dr high package mictop Iconic silver auto sent to plant 6/14 scheduled to 6/22 and crickets since. The wait is killing me...

Lisi08

Big Bend
First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Anyone have any ideas on why my Bronco would be stuck in production?
Anyone have any ideas on why my Bronco would be stuck in production?

I am wondering the same thing. Customer service said my big bend was built on June 17th. The tracker still says ā€œin productionā€. Ford customer service can provide no further info. Nor can my dealer. I also saw that my name does not appear in the customer name field, so I wonder if that is the issue. I have no idea how to keep this moving forward. Anyone have any tips? I fear it will land in someone elseā€™s hands and I will be SOL. :(
Sponsored