Sponsored

Production Stuck Check-In - Mod top issue?

PlayTime

Outer Banks
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 2dr 2.3L OBX non-SAS Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

just a sec to get back into the hang of things
This is the terror of owning a stick in the modern age - valet parking is hit-and-miss, and even some auto shops don't have techs that can drive manuals 🤡
Sponsored

Sobes

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was too busy playing this afternoon, but I wanted to take a minute to share with everyone that the Green Machine has finally arrived! For those of you still waiting, I hope things move just as quickly as they have for me this past week. And a special shoutout to @OverlandingPastor for keeping all of us impatient folks in line over the past few months. Good things come to those who wait. 😊
Ford Bronco Production Stuck Check-In - Mod top issue? IMG_2416

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

This is the terror of owning a stick in the modern age - valet parking is hit-and-miss, and even some auto shops don't have techs that can drive manuals 🤡
I used to love the double look when people got into my Escape and it had a stick. That being said, both my kids learned and all my grandchildren will know how to drive a stick. The Bronco is terrible easy to drive with a stick.

Sponsored
OP
OP
OverlandingPastor

OverlandingPastor

Heritage
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I was too busy playing this afternoon, but I wanted to take a minute to share with everyone that the Green Machine has finally arrived! For those of you still waiting, I hope things move just as quickly as they have for me this past week. And a special shoutout to @OverlandingPastor for keeping all of us impatient folks in line over the past few months. Good things come to those who wait. 😊
Ford Bronco Production Stuck Check-In - Mod top issue? IMG_2416
It is beautiful!

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Tent on. Love the setup...will NOT Fit in garage with tent on though.
4d30989f-f59c-47a4-b4af-030b7f9d27ef.jpg
20240406_112807.jpg
20240406_115149.jpg
Nice setup, too bad the 4 door HEs don't get the gunners hatch. Would be cool to have access from inside the vehicle, like an upstairs and downstairs!

Mysecrethabit

Heritage
First Name
Kandi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda/Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
trying to decide if i should abandon my order but... seriously can't find this answer anywhere online so i'm hoping someone here can help? is a 4 door heritage sasq any wider than a 4 door big bend non-sasq - other than the fender maybe being a little wider? garage space is an issue for me so i want to be sure it would fit.... tires are obv. bigger on a sasq so wouldn't that make the entire vehicle a bit wider?

Last edited:

KizerSoze71

Heritage
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
trying to decide if i should abandon my order but... seriously can't find this answer anywhere online so i'm hoping someone here can help? is a 4 door heritage sasq any wider than a 4 door big bend non-sasq - other than the fender maybe being a little wider? garage space is an issue for me so i want to be sure it would fit.... tires are obv. bigger on a sasq so wouldn't that make the entire vehicle a bit wider?
I'll try to put a tape measure from fender flare to fender flare sometime today if you don't find an answer for the width of a SAS.

However, the widest part would be the side mirrors as they extend past the bigger wheels on the SAS models and the mirrors I'm pretty sure are the same b/w them. I think if you already know Big Bend will fit without having to fold the mirrors you should be ok, b/c the widest part should be mirrors which is a common component b/w the models.

Maybe my logic is flawed, but I'm sure someone will correct me.

Sponsored

bcarn

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
All of the specs are listed on the product pages on Ford's website, and the mirrors are the widest part of the vehicle (not the fender flares or the tires)

https://www.ford.com/suvs/bronco/models/bronco-heritage/

https://www.ford.com/suvs/bronco/models/bronco-big-bend/

Looks like it's 86.2 inches

Mysecrethabit

Heritage
First Name
Kandi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda/Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
All of the specs are listed on the product pages on Ford's website, and the mirrors are the widest part of the vehicle (not the fender flares or the tires)

https://www.ford.com/suvs/bronco/models/bronco-heritage/

https://www.ford.com/suvs/bronco/models/bronco-big-bend/

Looks like it's 86.2 inches
Thank you! What I found online (same as what you linked) - they are both 86.2 - and considering one has bigger tires - how can that be true? My rational mind is being thrown off here...

bcarn

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thank you! What I found online (same as what you linked) - they are both 86.2 - and considering one has bigger tires - how can that be true? My rational mind is being thrown off here...
It's sharing the spec of the width of the widest points of the vehicle, which is the mirrors... IE: if you measured the width of the tires it would be < 86.2

There's another measurement below that that shows the width without the mirrors (ie: mirrors folded in), which it's probably safe to say is the fenders / tires, but that value is 75.9 / 79.4 (depending on sasquatch or not)

Mysecrethabit

Heritage
First Name
Kandi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda/Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
It's sharing the spec of the width of the widest points of the vehicle, which is the mirrors... IE: if you measured the width of the tires it would be < 86.2

There's another measurement below that that shows the width without the mirrors (ie: mirrors folded in), which it's probably safe to say is the fenders / tires, but that value is 75.9 / 79.4 (depending on sasquatch or not)
The largest width is all I was concerned about so if it's the mirrors then I'm going to be ok 🎉. Thanks!

CB24

Big Bend
First Name
Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Does anyone know how to track your vehicle once it's in transit?

Tracker showed Built: 3/28
Assigned to a transport company: 4/3

Dealership is in PA, dealer said they get their shipments straight from Detroit via truck so it can take 2-4 weeks. He suspected it would be here by 4/6 but no word yet.

Thanks all! Can't contain the excitement!
Sponsored