Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Once our orders are received at the factory, how long does it take to build? A day? A week?

I know it wont happen but i think it'd be cool to get updates on our Bronco build during certain stages of the build. I know it's not a custom build and this is not a one off but how cool to get updates and see it in various stages of its process!!

Just Curious...
Sponsored

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Once our orders are received at the factory, how long does it take to build? A day? A week?

I know it wont happen but i think it'd be cool to get updates on our Bronco build during certain stages of the build. I know it's not a custom build and this is not a one off but how cool to get updates and see it in various stages of its process!!

Just Curious...
You can only track scheduled in production produced .. etc. not step by step.

OP
OP
JMiles74

JMiles74

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You can only track scheduled in production produced .. etc. not step by step.
I figured as much. Just thought it'd be cool to see our build during certain phases of production. Oh well... ?‍♂

mrklas

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda HRV
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford's assembly plant is an integration point for all the components for the vehicle and that will be the basis of the information of how Ford will communicate product dates.

The other activities such as build the engine, transmission, create the body in white and paint the body panels, etc. will be 'feeder' operations to be 'support' the final assembly.

These supporting activities can be 'pulled' meaning there's no customization options therefore it just needs to be available while exterior colors, dash components, seats, and other items are dependent on the actual order.

I believe the reason there are limited interior color combinations is for simplicity and consistency of the process. The design is all new requiring new tooling and perhaps even suppliers and given the pandemic mitigation plans are likely in place. If I was boss for a day given the higher than expected demand I would control complexity to truly product differentiating things such as the driveline and options that drive provides (high and lux package).

Last edited:

Musicalfisherman

Badlands
First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Just Curious...
Got the following quotes from this thread

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...est-drive-orders-before-customer-pickup.3142/

I'm gathering that once a VIN is created you'll get an approximate timeline on delivery.

When we have a VIN there should be about a 30 day window to plan the trip, hopefully not longer....

It is built in MI so we get them fairly consistently...
And I thought this was a genius way of tracking a vehicle being built. I'm definitely going to try it!

I ordered my 2018 Expedition in 2017 - that was completely redesigned generation and none of the dealers had them at lots.
I had my VIN way before delivery and added it to a FordPass app, looks like somebody approved my request in Sync3 during prep, so I could manage it (check mileage, tire pressure, fuel level, exact GPS location, could lock/unlock it and start the engine sitting at home on the other part of the city). When it came to the dealer it had 8km on odometer and empty fuel tank, next day was full tank of fuel and 22km on odometer.
when I came to pick it up (earlier than agreed) it was standing on the most prime location in front of the main entrance unlocked. Was tons of oily fingerprints all around.
I specifically asked no dealer stickers, test drives and show rooms.
So, the bottom line is - it is absolutely on your sales manager and his/her honesty. Expect to work hard on that since it will be brand new “iconic” vehicle with tons of quirky features.
Sponsored