First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Big Bend, 2 door, 7spd
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Has anyone been able to program a new FOB using Forscan? I have a '23 BB with 7MT and I've made the changed to hopefully enable remote start. The current FOB only has lock/unlock/panic. I was able to procure a new FOB from another Ford with the remote start button. Has anyone successfully programmed a new FOB yet?

And before you ask, yes I already lost 1 key FOB so I only have one right now, or I would just try the 2 key program option.
Sponsored

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nope. It not only requires FDRS but my understanding is fob programming also requires an additional industry license that costs another couple hundo on top of whatever FDRS access you've paid for.

Don't have a link to all the official Ford pages saying as much, but the MachE folks found the same:

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/fysa-regarding-fdrs-and-key-fob-programming.11649/

If you've lost one, dealer is probably your best/ only bet. Hope others heed your warning and DIY a backup while they still have two working fobs.

(before someone "well actuallys" me, yes, FDRS can program *keypads* without the additional license/ credentials, but fobs require it.)

Last edited:
OP
OP
PearlJamFanLV

PearlJamFanLV

Big Bend
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Nope. It not only requires FDRS but my understanding is fob programming also requires an additional industry license that costs another couple hundo on top of whatever FDRS access you've paid for.

Don't have a link to all the official Ford pages saying as much, but the MachE folks found the same:

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/fysa-regarding-fdrs-and-key-fob-programming.11649/

If you've lost one, dealer is probably your best/ only bet. Hope others heed your warning and DIY a backup while they still have two working fobs.

(before someone "well actuallys" me, yes, FDRS can program *keypads* without the additional license/ credentials, but fobs require it.)
I do have ESP so I have can get a free FOB programmed. I will do that then use the 2 key method.

gvw68871

Base
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Forscan is a software tool that allows users to diagnose, modify, and program Ford vehicles. While it can be used for programming key FOBs, the success and compatibility may vary depending on the specific vehicle model and year, as well as the features and options available for that particular vehicle.
To determine if anyone has successfully programmed a new FOB using Forscan for a 2023 Ford Mustang Mach 1 with a 7MT transmission, it would be helpful to consult Ford Mustang forums, online communities, or dedicated automotive forums, check zend developer. Engaging with other Ford Mustang owners who have similar vehicles or have attempted programming a new FOB can provide you with insights, tips, and potential solutions.
Additionally, you might find resources such as user guides, tutorials, or documentation specific to Forscan or the programming process for Ford vehicles. These resources can provide step-by-step instructions or troubleshooting tips to help you successfully program a new FOB.
It's worth noting that programming a new key FOB may require specific equipment or procedures, and in some cases, it may be necessary to visit a Ford dealership or a professional automotive locksmith who has the expertise and specialized tools to program

Last edited:

Gotchaa

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just want to change the case that got chewed up by my puppy. It works fine but has not front.back cover. I ordered a FOB online but can’t figure out how to transfer the brain. Anyone do this before?

If I can’t figure it out I will need to ForScan and program

Sponsored

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just want to change the case that got chewed up by my puppy. It works fine but has not front.back cover. I ordered a FOB online but can’t figure out how to transfer the brain. Anyone do this before?

I have already washed mine at least once, and the one from my 2015 Explorer at least 3 times. They generally come completely apart in the dryer. You end up with 5 pieces (IIRC) which just snap back together. After washing and drying they have worked without problem.

Should be simple to switch the circuit card to another fob. If you can’t figure how to get it apart, just throw it in the dryer with your next load of laundry 🤪.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This fob design is not like others that can be popped apart with a pocket screw driver. They either glue or ultrasonically seal the upper and lower halves making them nearly impossible to take apart and put back together. If your replacement case comes apart you'll have to use a box cutter, thin coping saw blade or some other tool to cut along the seam all the way around. Not going to state the obvious precautions about working with sharp shit on small parts but once you commit, it's a couple hundo if you damage the board.

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This fob design is not like others that can be popped apart with a pocket screw driver. They either glue or ultrasonically seal the upper and lower halves making them nearly impossible to take apart and put back together. If your replacement case comes apart you'll have to use a box cutter, thin coping saw blade or some other tool to cut along the seam all the way around. Not going to state the obvious precautions about working with sharp shit on small parts but once you commit, it's a couple hundo if you damage the board.
OOPS….Thanks for intervening Flip…

I was pretty sure I had already washed and dried mine once. Maybe it did not come apart like the fobs from the 2015 Explorer.

I APOLOGIZE for spreading bad information….

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OOPS….Thanks for intervening Flip…

I was pretty sure I had already washed and dried mine once. Maybe it did not come apart like the fobs from the 2015 Explorer.

I APOLOGIZE for spreading bad information….
I didn't even see your post so wasn't trying to be contradictory. Actually just tried to take mine apart and kinda suspected it was bonded after seeing the battery setup. I've gotten lucky a few times going at them gingerly with a small razor blade just enough to break the bonding. These newer types are well assembled so you basically destroy the mating surfaces when you do this. I get most of our aftermarket replacement cases from American Key Supply when all you need is the housing. A lot of cases come apart easily so the board swap is easy and a lot cheaper than replacing the whole thing because of a cracked case or worn out button. Strattec has gotten smarter and figured if they can make these non serviceable, mo money for them.

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base

If you have two working fobs, you can even program an used cheap fob from ebay without forescan.

Sponsored

F1NDx

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Has anyone been able to program a new FOB using Forscan? I have a '23 BB with 7MT and I've made the changed to hopefully enable remote start. The current FOB only has lock/unlock/panic. I was able to procure a new FOB from another Ford with the remote start button. Has anyone successfully programmed a new FOB yet?

And before you ask, yes I already lost 1 key FOB so I only have one right now, or I would just try the 2 key program option.
Also have a 7MT. I've been looking to work around ways to get remote start enabled. Let us know what progress you make! đź‘Ť

Gotchaa

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you have two working fobs, you can even program an used cheap fob from ebay without forescan.
I do but all the videos I found were for f150 or older Fords, someone please share how to do this with the Bronco, I have a new spare key fob and the original 2, one with a chewed up case. I just wish they would sell the “bronco” back cover as a spare part!

OP
OP
PearlJamFanLV

PearlJamFanLV

Big Bend
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
There is a spot in the center console where you will put the 1st to fob, press start button (do not start engine) wait a few seconds, turn off. Remove 1st fob. Insert 2nd fob, press start, wait a few seconds, turn off. Place new fob in spot, start car. If it starts the new fob is programmed.

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I do but all the videos I found were for f150 or older Fords, someone please share how to do this with the Bronco, I have a new spare key fob and the original 2, one with a chewed up case. I just wish they would sell the “bronco” back cover as a spare part!
It's literally in the owner's manual. Going to need to make sure your new fob is identical in button count and frequency. This is a finicky process to be prepared to spend some time trying it.

https://www.fordservicecontent.com/...ingEnabled=False&userMarket=USA&buildtype=web

Gotchaa

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs