First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Convertible 2019 Subaru Ascent
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
seems like you have to pull the fabric back over the roof when folding it, just watched the TFL vid of them installing it. They open it and when it's about vertical pull back on the fabric so it folds over the roof. That should get that entire sag out of the way. OEM is attached to all the cross bars and folds differently. Also seems more massive in construction, but hard to tell from a video.

at about 9:30 in this video they open it up and tuck it back

It works doing it that way. The Bestop is a lot lighter and flexs a lot more than the OEM. I guess I sacrificed the regid construction for a better looking rear windows.
Sponsored

Swimdc

Black Diamond
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5 (prev - FJ, sold thinking I’d see Bronco)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Did you go with twill or vinyl??

OP
OP
Jwwells62

Jwwells62

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I have a 21 Badlands 2.7 4dr Sas and love it. Wasn't a huge fan with the appearence of the OEM softtop so purchased the Trektop by Bestop Love the looks of the fastback style and the rear windows. a week after it was installed by the Ford dealer it was warm enough to fold it back"North Carolina" btw and I was omg at the sagging in the back when folded back. Like 10 pictures sent to customer service and 2 totally nonsensical replies back. Trying to figure out is this just mine?

image2.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image0.jpeg
What you end up having to do is with it upright pull all the fabric towards the rear it won’t just fold like the OEM

Sponsored

TCC

Wildtrak
First Name
TC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX -> WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So I have a 21 Badlands 2.7 4dr Sas and love it. Wasn't a huge fan with the appearence of the OEM softtop so purchased the Trektop by Bestop Love the looks of the fastback style and the rear windows. a week after it was installed by the Ford dealer it was warm enough to fold it back"North Carolina" btw and I was omg at the sagging in the back when folded back. Like 10 pictures sent to customer service and 2 totally nonsensical replies back. Trying to figure out is this just mine?

image2.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image0.jpeg
Just curious what you did with the OEM top. I’m thinking of doing the same (when I get my truck) and wanted to see if there’s any market for the original and price to ask.

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't understand a soft top. You can pull the panels off and get the same exposure with the hard top. I understand some folks took it for early delivery.

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Don't understand a soft top. You can pull the panels off and get the same exposure with the hard top. I understand some folks took it for early delivery.
For the 2 door (also 4 door?) you can only easily take off the front panels.
Removing the bulk of the top means removing many bolts, and a couple of people to lift off the back section.
A soft top would be much faster to move up and down.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But then you have to put the panels somewhere, it's not as convenient. I can't wait to get the Bestop on my 2dr.

hkbooner

Wildtrak
First Name
Hallie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Wildtrak (4-dr)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

image2.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image0.jpeg
Honestly, I recommend getting a mesh Bimini top...it will give some sun protection (I am in San Antonio, TX where it feels lie you are sitting ON the sun when in direct sunlight during the summer months). Then the extra material will sit on it and not sag into your passengers (if any). But on another note, that does look like excessive sagging from compared to other posts I have seen. Look at Gear Shade...they have great mesh tops...printed or plain and in different colors if desired. Just an idea. I got the greyscale American Flag mesh top that fits under the soft top.

Sponsored

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My trektop doesn’t do this

davidbitton

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yep. Mine too. I have a call in to Bestop, but I see from prior posts that it's all about the tuck.

Ford Bronco Quality issues with Bestop? 1656613667597

OP
OP
Jwwells62

Jwwells62

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes and they sucked at explaining that at Bestop. Thank goodness for YouTube videos and other Bronco people

davidbitton

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes and they sucked at explaining that at Bestop. Thank goodness for YouTube videos and other Bronco people
I spoke to them yesterday and they said what I expected;tuck it when you open it. Seems sloppy. You’d think Ford would have said something before reselling the Bestop twill too.
Sponsored