First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 2 door and just ordered a Bestop for it. Does anyone that has done this know what has to be uninstalled when putting your MIC top back on? When watching the install video, it looks like pretty much everything has to come off when putting the hard top back on. Given that a good bit of it is adhesive backed, it doesn't look terribly friendly to seasonally swap between the two tops. I'm not sure anyone has really switched back to the hard top yet, but I'm interested in hearing other's take on it.
Sponsored

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Badlands, MT High 2 Dr, V6 Outer Banks, Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The general consensus is that all the tape/foam that we have applied on the Bronco during installation will and can remain in place. I don't think it would interfere with reinstalling the hard top, but that is a guess.

Everything else will have to be removed. Most also believe that we will not have to take all the cross bows off the canvas, but rather just disconnect them from the Bronco and leave in place and fold up.

I'm thinking it won't be that difficult, but not sure if anyone has actually removed it yet because it's just getting nice! There are a couple other threads with trektop in the title if I recall correctly I feel like someone said they had done it but didn't offer much info.

TLehrman

First Edition
First Name
Tami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I just removed mine yesterday! It took about 45 min to an hour just because we didn’t know what we were doing! We removed the windows, and the front brackets. The second and third (middle and back) we kept connected to the twill top! Then disconnected the brackets that fit between the speakers and the roll cage. Then removed the brackets that are on the truck “bed”. The twill part then just lifted right off! Note: be careful where you place your hand when lifting off the twill… the middle bracket will buckle. I would almost suggest holding the 2 brackets at the seam maybe?
Anyways, it went pretty fast considering how long it took to install. I just love how this looks without the top!!!

9CAC66D0-4827-45B0-8D76-2169E1E0D478.jpeg

OP
OP

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the info! It makes me feel a bit better with this top coming in that it probably isn't going to be a full day process twice a year switching tops. I am still hopeful that someone will make a soft top for the 2 door that doesn't just bunch up on top of the rear bar, but I bought this thing to keep the top down. I'd be happy with a glorified tent with windows that you just take the whole cloth off and fold up. I don't really need it to swing back. That said, what Bestop has beats the MIC top for ease of opening the vehicle up. Thanks for the replies!

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Badlands, MT High 2 Dr, V6 Outer Banks, Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To me, even if it is a serious PITA to remove the trektop and re-install the MIC, the convenience of the soft top for 6-8 months of the year will make it worth it!
Sponsored