Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Has anyone fully solved this? same issue and tried these steps to no avail
It’s the brackets on the Bronco themselves. Assuming you know the correct way to use the latches, if it’s sticking just adjust the brackets. There is a lot of play in them.
Sponsored

cactusbase

Base
First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
It’s the brackets on the Bronco themselves. Assuming you know the correct way to use the latches, if it’s sticking just adjust the brackets. There is a lot of play in them.
I will give that a go if I can get it open to regain access to those bolts

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

cactusbase

Base
First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Try the sun visors down first.
Yup already tried this to no avail thank you - have to try leaving it in the sun and someone mentioned fishing line

SlowPoke

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine was VERY tight at first. I made a strong hook I could use to pull down on the clasp hooks, but after a few weeks the top relaxed enough that it works as well as the factory one now.

Sponsored

CyberOrangeBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone else’s Trektop clattering at speeds over 50mph?

Not sure if it’s clattering against the middle bar of the Bimini but it annoying and driving me nuts. Positioned & secured the little black sleeves on both of the support bars but the clattering is still there.

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I had the same issue, I found if you pull down on the top header directly above the latch with one hand and then reach up above the bracket with your other hand and press the hooked end downward it will pop out pretty easily.

joss

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have a 2 door, and I just adjusted the brackets that the soft top hooks latch on to. Little steps at a time.

SlowPoke

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone else’s Trektop clattering at speeds over 50mph?

Not sure if it’s clattering against the middle bar of the Bimini but it annoying and driving me nuts. Positioned & secured the little black sleeves on both of the support bars but the clattering is still there.
Yep. Tried putting 3/4" pipe insulation around the cross bars to take up the slack in the pockets, but it was too large diameter. maybe you can find something thinner

CyberOrangeBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep. Tried putting 3/4" pipe insulation around the cross bars to take up the slack in the pockets, but it was too large diameter. maybe you can find something thinner
STILL driving me nuts. Been going back & forth with Bestop for weeks now and still no resolution.

Hard to see exactly where it’s coming from cause I can’t really inspect while driving over 50 MPH. Having the Bimini underneath it all is not helping either. Guess my next step in taking off the Bimini to see where the clattering is coming from.

IF anybody has a solution please share. Thx.

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

These foam strips work perfect to stop the top slap against the bars, which is where the noise is definitely coming from. I only get it when going over bumps, but this stopped that.

Yotache Foam Strips Adhesive 2 Rolls 1 Inch Wide X 1/8 Inch Thick, Neoprene Weather Stripping High Density Foam Tape Seal for Doors and Windows Insulation, Total 33 Feet Long (2 X 16.5 Ft Each) https://a.co/d/cakvcY3

And for those of you with the latches sticking, you need to adjust the latch plates on the Bronco. There is a lot of play in them, and the Bestop tolerance is a lot tighter than the factory tops.

CyberOrangeBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
These foam strips work perfect to stop the top slap against the bars, which is where the noise is definitely coming from. I only get it when going over bumps, but this stopped that.

Yotache Foam Strips Adhesive 2 Rolls 1 Inch Wide X 1/8 Inch Thick, Neoprene Weather Stripping High Density Foam Tape Seal for Doors and Windows Insulation, Total 33 Feet Long (2 X 16.5 Ft Each) https://a.co/d/cakvcY3

And for those of you with the latches sticking, you need to adjust the latch plates on the Bronco. There is a lot of play in them, and the Bestop tolerance is a lot tighter than the factory tops.
Thanks for the response - I will definitely give these foam strips a shot.

IF you can please take a picture of exactly where you put these foam strips.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Thanks for the response - I will definitely give these foam strips a shot.

IF you can please take a picture of exactly where you put these foam strips.
Just wrap the front and middle bar with the foam strip. Simple as that. I wrapped them completely, but wrapping just the part under the Velcro part might be enough. Your just giving a soft barrier between the tight fabric and the bar to stop the slap sound.

CyberOrangeBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have to add that I love the look of the Bestop Slantback - especially in Safari mode.

it opens and closes perfectly, latches open & closes great. Side & back windows slide off and back on without an issue. Everything lines up and looks great.

But this rattling/clanging noise form the support bars of the Top (only over 50 mph or going over a bump) are driving me nuts.

CyberOrangeBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just wrap the front and middle bar with the foam strip. Simple as that. I wrapped them completely, but wrapping just the part under the Velcro part might be enough. Your just giving a soft barrier between the tight fabric and the bar to stop the slap sound.
Ordered the foam strips and look forward to wrapping the bars.

THANK YOu
Sponsored