Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ‘94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So I read a few posts here on adding the tow package after the fact by dealer or DIY. adding 4 pin wiring seems like a cake walk but I want the 7 pin wiring as well.

I was told that adding Tow on my 3/27/23 order would cause delays because it was a constraint still....which doesn't seem to be true according to the lists I saw for the 3/27 order bank opening.

Here is my question, it looks like all the parts needed for 4/7 pin wiring and the hitch plus dealer labor is far more expensive than the $575 Ford wants from the factory. If I have the dealer add tow to my order now, will that screw me up as far as where I am at in line or since my order is still in the jumbled pile with hundreds of others would it even make a difference?

I am already adding a double dose of sins, a 2dr + SAS order so really, is adding Tow going to delay me any more than I already am because of ordering those 2 other packages?

Now I hear Ford is no longer offering cloth seats in my BB...only reason I went with a BB....wth ford.
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The tow package is still a minor constraint but it is MUCH less of a constraint than the Sasquatch package and especially the 2-door. So if you want it, add it.

Just keep in mind that the more constraints you add the less of a chance your order will get picked up for production this year. If you don't get picked up this year, you'll have to start over and pay whatever the 2024MY price increases are.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

As far as if tow will cause an order delay, it's a crap shoot.

If I had it to do over again I would add tow. I added the Curt set up and it's not bad, but the factory would be a whole lot cleaner and you get a 7 pin too. At the time I thought saving $400 was important, but now I would prefer the factory set up.

I feel lucky to get my Big Bend with Sandstone Cloth...Who knew it would become a unicorn so fast! I would have ordered Black Diamond, but didn't want MGV.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The constraint items ebb and flow. Today it might be the tow package and tomorrow it might be wheels. They change throughout the production cycle. Just because something is constrained this week does not mean it will be next week. It's all a crap shoot. If you want it, add it.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have never towed a single thing in my entire life that needed a 7-pin connector.

But if you do need a 7 pin for a brake controller, then yes, it's worth the ridiculous $575 to add it at the factory. Note, you still need to cut into your Bronco to add a tow controler. It's not like an F-250 where Ford builds one in.

Warnock

Wildtrak
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Genesis
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I ordered a wildtrak with hard top and high package Monday. I was told if I ordered the tow it would take a very long time to get it but who knows. They’re telling me I won’t get it until 2024 anyway sadly.
Sponsored