First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In all my years of working at a dealership, I have always understood (thought) that the sequence of the VIN was the order that the vehicle came off the particular assembly line. Reason I have always thought this was you hear of the "blank" number of vehicle to come off the line so I just assumed this was the way it happened. But what I am seeing with the Bronco, I am questioning my assumptions. The reason I am questioning this is because since I am with a dealership I can see all the VINs of our Broncos that are scheduled and there are several that have a "higher" VINs than my wife's but have a earlier production week/day. I was just curious if anyone would know exactly how the sequence actually takes place.
Sponsored

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honestly… I don’t think anyone has a clue anymore… not even Ford. 🤷‍♂️

Braaap

Base
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Base
Good luck to anyone that can decipher Fords encrypted VIN sequence. I would also like to know!

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The last 6 digits of the VIN number is the sequence identifier. It is based on when the VIN was generated, not when the vehicle is scheduled for production.

On the window sticker there is also a 4-digit sequence number, which IS (usually) the order the vehicle heads down the assembly line, but that number has nothing to do with the VIN sequence number.

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

VINs and production line sequencing are not tied together. The plant gets the vin from scheduling. Someone in scheduling would have to answer. I’m going to guess the last digits in the vin are assigned in some order. When I was working at a Ford plant I was told some numbers in the sequence are intentionally skipped to reduce counterfeiting and theft.
Sponsored