First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2023 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So I stopped by my dealership to sign a price agreement (thanks to the recommendation I received here), and — Lo and behold — I have been assigned a VIN today!

I’m ecstatic.

but …

The build that is in the system is velocity blue. I changed it to white a month ago, but they somehow never updated that. And somehow I signed a paper that said velocity blue. (Small print and didn’t notice it)

Is it too late to change this to white?

Sales rep thought so.

But oddly, on his official inventory/status screen, he was able to change it on a drop down menu. Then he refreshed the page and waited a few minutes, and it stuck. But he doesn’t have confidence that it will really be official.

Does anyone here know? Forgive me if I’m sparse on details — I’m happy to elaborate if needed.
Sponsored

Five-O Donut Hole

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Raptor-Loaded-Original Owner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So I stopped by my dealership to sign a price agreement (thanks to the recommendation I received here), and — Lo and behold — I have been assigned a VIN today!

I’m ecstatic.

but …

The build that is in the system is velocity blue. I changed it to white a month ago, but they somehow never updated that. And somehow I signed a paper that said velocity blue. (Small print and didn’t notice it)

Is it too late to change this to white?

Sales rep thought so.

But oddly, on his official inventory/status screen, he was able to change it on a drop down menu. Then he refreshed the page and waited a few minutes, and it stuck. But he doesn’t have confidence that it will really be official.

Does anyone here know? Forgive me if I’m sparse on details — I’m happy to elaborate if needed.
my understanding is once a VIN is assigned, nothing can be changed on the order

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
some items can be changed and I don't think color/trim can be changed.

I made some very minor changes on my 2022 Wildtrak after my VIN was assigned.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Several people on the forum have reported changing their color after the VIN was assigned. I am not sure if it is as simple as the drop-down menu you reported or if your dealer will need to contact their rep and go at it that way. But it can be done.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's my understanding as well. And I believe with some vehicles the VIN is partly based on the paint color (not sure if that's the case with Ford), so I'd be very doubtful of the paint getting updated if the VIN doesn't change.

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This contradicts some others in this thread but I'm pretty sure paint color is one of the things you can change after a VIN is assigned. I know some people on this forum have done it.
I was also under this impression. You can't change something major, as it could be constrained (i.e. - soft top to MIC) but a paint colour I don't think is an issue.

jm7097

Outer Banks
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GMC Sierra Denali, 2018 GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I changed from a soft top to a MIC top after VIN. The regional Ford rep had to change it though.

JDoc92

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was told that color could not be changed. In retrospect we were glad we didn’t.

KGRoberts

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Chevelle
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Matt, I got a message from Planet F yesterday (1/25) that my VIN had been assigned as well. BUT, no email from Ford yet. Good luck getting your color.

Sponsored
OP
OP
mattymik

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2023 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks for the replies, everyone.

some items can be changed and I don't think color/trim can be changed.

I made some very minor changes on my 2022 Wildtrak after my VIN was assigned.
Several people on the forum have reported changing their color after the VIN was assigned. I am not sure if it is as simple as the drop-down menu you reported or if your dealer will need to contact their rep and go at it that way. But it can be done.
This contradicts some others in this thread but I'm pretty sure paint color is one of the things you can change after a VIN is assigned. I know some people on this forum have done it.
I was also under this impression. You can't change something major, as it could be constrained (i.e. - soft top to MIC) but a paint colour I don't think is an issue.
I was told that color could not be changed. In retrospect we were glad we didn’t.
Thanks for the replies, everyone. Lots of conflicting messages here ... hmm.

If I check the inventory status again with the dealer, you'd think this would reflect what ultimately gets produced?

I changed from a soft top to a MIC top after VIN. The regional Ford rep had to change it though.
Thanks for the reply. How would I contact a regional rep? Through the local dealer?

jm7097

Outer Banks
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GMC Sierra Denali, 2018 GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for the replies, everyone.

Thanks for the replies, everyone. Lots of conflicting messages here ... hmm.

If I check the inventory status again with the dealer, you'd think this would reflect what ultimately gets produced?

Thanks for the reply. How would I contact a regional rep? Through the local dealer?
Yes...the dealer talked to the rep.

frankk

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What color does the order tracker show or list under the exterior section?

niterider006

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That's my understanding as well. And I believe with some vehicles the VIN is partly based on the paint color (not sure if that's the case with Ford), so I'd be very doubtful of the paint getting updated if the VIN doesn't change.
No, in Ford's VIN there is nothing in there to indicate Color. You're thinking of Jeep. You can change the color of your Bronco. But you have a very small window depending how close you are to your build date.
Sponsored