Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Priority Code 99 = Do Not Build

It is an order in the system, but the customer does not want the order fulfilled at this point in time so Ford will not build it until the priority code 99 is removed/changed to something else.
Thank you I will check if my code was changed. It was on my initial order form in Oct 2021 ( My original order was Jan 27 2021)
Sponsored

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

NOTE--I am fully prepared to be set upon by the rage that powers 93% of this board's content. ;)

I see many posters lament the fact that reservation holders haven't received their Broncos while walk-ins and newer orders have. Here's my question(s): Did those of you who made reservations have to also place an order through a dealer afterwards? Because, if you made a reservation and then placed a timely order but haven't gotten your Bronco, I feel your pain.

But I see this constant referencing to reservation dates without including order dates. If you reserved twelve months ago, but didn't place an order until one month ago, I don't see why the reservation date should matter.

Just an honest question. Thank you.
When you placed a reservation, the ordering window opened in late January, but I think you had to place your order by 3/21/2021ā€¦ or something like that. Unfortunately, 3/25/2021, ford dropped a fat bomb on everyone about Modular & Mixed Tops availability, with the potential delay being 2022 Model Year (MY). Shortly after that (6/26/2021), they alerted everyone that Webasto was a steaming pile and any Painted Modular Tops would be pushed to 2023 MY.

So, anyone that had a 2022 MY or later could re-order their Broncos after some date in October. Thatā€™s why you have First Night Reservation Dates like me (7/13/2020) with an order date of 11/23/2021, despite the fact I originally ordered 2/3/2021.

jokes on me, I was going to hold out for the 2023 Modular Top until someone totaled my car.:poop::poop::poop:

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
A lot of indignation comes from the fact Ford told reservation holders they would be first in line and promptly abandoned this once orders were made. I agree that supply constraints probably had a great deal to do with this backtracking but it couldā€™ve been handled a lot better.

CoachTee

Wildtrak
First Name
Teresa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

As shown in signature, Reservation 8/20, ORDER 3/21 and again in 10/21. Priority code 19. Crickets.
Walk in at a different dealer in December 2021, Priority 10, just scheduled for 3/21/22 build week.

Even though I have 2 different builds with the WildTrak having some constraints, I feel it is more the allocations playing a major factor ... Ford Marketing stated my 1st dealer is waiting for more allocations before any more of their orders can be scheduled.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a reservation that was converted to an order, that hasn't been scheduled.
I placed another (idential) order without a reservation at a different dealership over thanksgiving.
I have a friend that works at a 3rd dealership who called me and said a customer abandoned their order and it matched my build exactly except for the color. Ended up buying that one.

4 days after I bought my Area 51 Bronco, the order I placed at the second dealership was scheduled for build with an estimated delivery sometime in early April.

My original order/reservation still has not been scheduled.
Sadly this doesn't surprise me whatsoever.......

RubiconSasquatch

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BadSquatch, 2021 JLUR, 2008 JK-X, 65 Elco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The missing link is the dealer allocation system. People keep using their second order at a different dealer or ā€œthis other guyā€™s orderā€ as evidence that the reservation system is somehow being ignored, but it isnā€™t. Sadly we donā€™t get to see which dealers have available allocations in a given week, nor can we choose our dealers based on those allocations, but they still matter a whole lot.

Timing/luck is also a major factor we canā€™t measure. In two identical parallel orders and two dealers, one may advance before another simply because that week one dealer had an allocation available AND the parts were available for the build. The previous week or the next week, the other dealer may have had an allocation but the right combination of parts were not available at that time.

The whole thing is a lot more complex than many people here seem to realize. Plenty of folks here have explained this but you still get the neanderthals banging their chests and screaming about how theyā€™re being screwed over by something they havenā€™t taken the time or donā€™t care to understand
Sponsored