First Name
mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
buick encore
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I ordered my Bronco Outer banks about 15 months ago and still no news on a build date. My dealer is aware that I have a leased car that is up in July and have been calling ever couple weeks to check on any info and they have no news on my order. Today I saw thay had just got a Wild track in the color I ordered. I asked if I could just exchange my order and take that Widetrack for stcker price and they could just sell mine when ever it comes in. They said they dont do exchanges and If I wanted the Wildtrack the price is about $85,000 from a $57,000 dollar stcker price.. Im not sure how I feel about this, I know the dealer wants to make money but I would of been a loyal customer if they would work something out. Its not like someone walking in off the street, I have invested about 2 years on this purchase with research and placing order etc...Is this how all dealers handle things like this with the Bronco? Lots of people are in the same situation as I am......Now im buying a Jeep....
Sponsored

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Lots of people have waited a lot longer than 15 months and still don't have one. And ADM for one off the lot is no surprise either. Enjoy your Jeep.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Lots of people have waited a lot longer than 15 months.

If it's a 2-door, be prepared to wait a long time.

If it's a 4-door and you need it faster the best way is still to accept the soft top and drop tow if it's on your order.

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
My thoughts are that they have a highly-desirable Bronco now that they can make big money on. By the time your order comes in (who knows when?), the market may be stone cold and they wouldn't make much on it. A bird in the hand and all that...

Rayder

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I don't know what your OBX has, but if it doesn't have sas. And a 2.7 (like a Wildtrack) that isn't a fair trade on their part. Those are the big options driving resale right now. They might get $5k adm on a non sas OBX, but could easily get $20k for a Wildtrack. Also at 15 months there are a lot of other people ahead of you. Who knows what the market will be in 6-12 months, they are taking all the risk.

Sponsored

PaulBrownSr

Big Bend
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Borrowing lol
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’ll be among the first to call out shitty dealership aka stealership practices around here but in this case I don’t think they’re out of line or unreasonable. Of course they want their ADM now rather than at some undetermined future date when your actual order arrives.

It would also mess with their name match percentage.

Last edited:
OP
OP

westvally91364

Outer Banks
First Name
mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
buick encore
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for all the replies, im just a little disappointed that Im not going to get a Bronco.. Anyway it is what it is... Not the end of the world.

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks for all the replies, im just a little disappointed that Im not going to get a Bronco.. Anyway it is what it is... Not the end of the world.
Are you not keeping your order?

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I ordered my Bronco Outer banks about 15 months ago and still no news on a build date. My dealer is aware that I have a leased car that is up in July and have been calling ever couple weeks to check on any info and they have no news on my order. Today I saw thay had just got a Wild track in the color I ordered. I asked if I could just exchange my order and take that Widetrack for stcker price and they could just sell mine when ever it comes in. They said they dont do exchanges and If I wanted the Wildtrack the price is about $85,000 from a $57,000 dollar stcker price.. Im not sure how I feel about this, I know the dealer wants to make money but I would of been a loyal customer if they would work something out. Its not like someone walking in off the street, I have invested about 2 years on this purchase with research and placing order etc...Is this how all dealers handle things like this with the Bronco? Lots of people are in the same situation as I am......Now im buying a Jeep....
I think your dealer is treating you fine. They will make some cash on their Wildtrack. You will eventually get your OBX for MSRP, I assume from your reasoning. Its not their fault you're waiting. You can extend any lease for 3-6 months without penalty if needed. In fact, if your lease is up before the Bronco arrives, you can buy it out and in most cases in this market make many thousands in the trade in a few months later . . . lease purchase prices are currently much lower than market.

At any rate, this is the car market right now. Make the best of it. And if you'd settle for a Jeep, instead of a Bronco, you'll make a new Ford Bronco lover and the dealer very happy!

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Simple, buy out or extend your lease, wait for what you want, and don't settle for anything less than what you want. Good luck with your decision 🍻

Sponsored

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None. Wife's Kia is my part time wheels
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I tried same thing before mine came with same result. Most dealers are crap. There’s a reason why rhey are cliche.

Neps

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MX-5, Focus EV, F150, F350, Scout II (2)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Contrary to what others have said, you can't extend every lease. It all depends upon the company you leased from.

In the current car market, many if not most cars coming off lease are worth more than the residual amount, so there is no incentive for manufactures' to extend leases. Manufacturers can make more money selling the returned leased units outright rather than to extend the leases.

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Simple, buy out or extend your lease, wait for what you want, and don't settle for anything less than what you want. Good luck with your decision 🍻
I second this. I extended 2 leases then ended up buying both because the market value was way higher than residual. Used pricing is dropping now.
Another thing to consider when extending the lease is whether you get extra mileage. Ford offered the same amount of extra miles as my lease, so I got 1k extra miles each month I extended. GM doesn't offer any extra miles but will waive the over mileage if you buy or lease a new GM.
Sponsored