Sponsored

Questions about heated steering wheel…..

Asstastic

Wildtrak
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So the heated seats, love them, on the highest setting they get very warm. Hotter than any other car/truck I have ever had, but the heated steering wheel seems off. I don’t have much experience with heated steering wheels, but on my Colorado you could really feel it. On my 22 Bronco I can barely tell when it’s on. Can someone answer if the entire wheel is heated or is it just at 10 and 2? Is there something I missed in the settings where the temperature can be adjusted on the heated steering wheel?
Sponsored

Scape Goat

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So the heated seats, love them, on the highest setting they get very warm. Hotter than any other car/truck I have ever had, but the heated steering wheel seems off. I don’t have much experience with heated steering wheels, but on my Colorado you could really feel it. On my 22 Bronco I can barely tell when it’s on. Can someone answer if the entire wheel is heated or is it just at 10 and 2? Is there something I missed in the settings where the temperature can be adjusted on the heated steering wheel?
I don't have mine yet, so I can't really answer your questions. But, I believe there are some threads about increasing the output in FORSCAN to make it hotter.

Christoph94

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lincoln Navigator 2020 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My wife has had two Edges that had the heated steering wheel, and they were perfect. My Bronco’s steering wheel is hotter than those Edges, to the point of almost being too hot at times.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

When I use mine, it feels like the 10 and 2 positions get the hottest. I think that’s just the way the heating element is in the wheel. But the heat on mine works really well and you can definitely tell that it’s on.

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I don't know about the Bronco but all our other Ford vehicles almost burnt my hands, OK maybe exaggerating. There isn't a setting to adjust it.

Sponsored

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Badlands Lux has three settings for the heated wheel. Lowest is, for me, quite adequate--but winter hasn't started here in New England, yet!
I haven't noticed that the 10 and 2 are warmer than other positions--but I'm an insensitive lout. I have noticed that the bottom of the steering wheel, along the leather stitching, doesn't seem to transmit heat.

This is truly a "First World problem."

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Only about 75% of the steering wheel is heated. Nothing at all at the spokes, very unlike other vehicles in same price range. Mine gets warm enough yet not so hot that I can leave it on continually whereas the seats get so hot I have to turn them down

wedemmoez

Badlands
First Name
Moez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands, 2007 Porsche Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Badlands Lux has three settings for the heated wheel. Lowest is, for me, quite adequate--but winter hasn't started here in New England, yet!
I haven't noticed that the 10 and 2 are warmer than other positions--but I'm an insensitive lout. I have noticed that the bottom of the steering wheel, along the leather stitching, doesn't seem to transmit heat.

Can you post a photo of where the 3 settings for the heated wheel are? My Badlands Lux only has one option

The Beaz

First Edition
First Name
Shad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Mine (21 FE w/Lux) when I first got it, I could barley feel when the heat was turned on, once I adjusted the max temp in Forescan, the upper half of the wheel gets nice and warm, the bottom half does not heat much at all.

BenBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150 and 2020 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I haven't seen anywhere to adjust the settings and like the OP, I can barely tell it's on. Would love if someone could confirm if it can be adjusted.

Sponsored

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
10 and two seem warmest. However, if you move your hands else where and leave them a bit, then that area gets warmer.

Brockdog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST-Line
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
10 and 2 on my vehicles that had/have it.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Heated seats have three settings. Heated steering wheel is either on or off.

MNbronco

Wildtrak
First Name
RC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Tremor, 2021 Bronco sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

mostly at 10 and 2 and quickly becoming my favorite option