Sponsored

Quietest high clearance muffler for the 2.3?

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I too was looking at a quiet exhaust note and is why I went with the Magnaflow Street series black. From standing in the rear of vehicle it is quiet, from inside it basically sounds a little more throaty, but nothing to grumble about.

IMG_20230128_123624.jpg

IMG_20230128_110428.jpg
Sponsored

mattymatthall

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If I end up doing an exhaust, it would be the magnaflow overland, but I'm curious to see what some other people may be able to advise.
I'm getting Corsa turn down for mine this Friday. Chose this as I have ADD Rear and is already high clearance vs the Dual.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have been running the Magnaflow Overland at the quietest setting for over a year. I am a fan. As mentioned - it's a bit throatier - but, not obtrusive or obnoxious. Don't even hear it when music is on.

I really want to hear what the Borla exhausts sound like in person.

UM_Ftown

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 5.9, 01 XJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm getting Corsa turn down for mine this Friday. Chose this as I have ADD Rear and is already high clearance vs the Dual.
Let us know what you think and post sound clips if you can. This is #1 on my list for exhaust and the Borla touring is #2. I like the tone I’ve heard from Corsa on the 2.3 but worried it may be too loud for long trips.

mattymatthall

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Let us know what you think and post sound clips if you can. This is #1 on my list for exhaust and the Borla touring is #2. I like the tone I’ve heard from Corsa on the 2.3 but worried it may be too loud for long trips.
The turn down isn't that loud, i mean its louder than stock, but not going to wake the neighbors. I have a manual so even higher rpms, not annoying - nice sound, and doesn't sound like an import. I'll try to get some sound clips later

Sponsored

Golfsnob

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base 2 Door, Manual, 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Base
Installed the Corsa turndown this morning. Really surprised how much I like the sound. As @Matty said louder than stock but has a nice little "grumble" to it (7 speed). No drone at all. Very easy installation took maybe 30 minutes.

Ibuprofen3293

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22MY Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Installed the Corsa turndown this morning. Really surprised how much I like the sound. As @Matty said louder than stock but has a nice little "grumble" to it (7 speed). No drone at all. Very easy installation took maybe 30 minutes.
I installed the Corsa turndown on my 2.3 7MT less than a month ago. I knew I wanted a high clearance turndown, and I went with Corsa because I liked the clips online and the price (I think I got it 10% off from Panda Motoworks).

I was looking to be able to hear my RPMs at highway speed to know if I was accidentally in 4th or 5th instead of 6th. Mission accomplished. I actually did get some minor drone at 2300-2500 RPMs on the highway, which led me down a path of adding sound deadener (which I had planned to do eventually anyway). That took care of most if it, and I’m happy with it now.

If there was a similar volume exhaust with less of deep grumble, I’d probably have chosen that one instead.

mattymatthall

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The cold start is the loudest but then levels off, driving you can hear it a little in the cabin (i have a hard top) but overall very happy with the sound, i got the turn down over the dual. I drove on the highway and barely hear it at higher rpms.

Videos here:

Last edited: