First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hello All, my Wildtrak has the factory tube steps, I like them, but they sit to low for my taste, would like to raise them up a bit to at least partially cover the pinch weld. Has anyone done this? Assume this would require a bracket mod or fabrication of something custom.
Sponsored

G-Waggin

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac SRX
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't have the answer you want, but the solution I used, together with the steps and am very happy with, is this:

https://www.jcroffroad.com/product/BR6PW.html

You can alternatively spend just $15 on some painters tape and bedliner spray paint, like others in the forum have done, and the pinch seam will disappear. If you raise the step any higher, I'm not sure it will function well as an actual step.

Good luck!

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hello All, my Wildtrak has the factory tube steps, I like them, but they sit to low for my taste, would like to raise them up a bit to at least partially cover the pinch weld. Has anyone done this? Assume this would require a bracket mod or fabrication of something custom.
I have an OBX SAS with the factory steps as well. Here is my solution:

2021-2023 Ford Bronco Side Steps | DV8 Offroad

I haven't installed them yet, but if you do a search you can find others that have installed them for more pics. They sit probably 2-3" higher than the factory steps and actually cover the pinch weld. I went with these to give me just a bit more clearance when off-roading, while also wanting to keep an actual step to help some of the rock chips from flinging up.
Sponsored