First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GMC HD 3500 AT4, 2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just got the top today! Gonna wait until a warm day to try to install. I have two questions:

1) the rear tailgate bracket that goes through rear window tunnel to give the tailgate door a seal…when removing and stowing the rear window, do you have to take out this plastic bracket from the window and store it somewhere?

2) I didn’t quite understand the riv but process. The havoc site shows him partially closing the jaws of the tool then backing off the rib nut. How much do you back it off before installing? This is one step I don’t want to mess up? How hard do you press the jaws together?
#1 - No you can take them off together which is what I did last weekend. If you store the windows up top you will probably have to take it out.

#2 - I know you were worried about the female piece fitting into your roll bar, you can test that now by simply removing the front panels. As far as install I watched a couple Youtube vid's from Van builders and they explained it better. I ended up simply having the tools bolt flush with the bottom of the female piece then didn't pull too crazy as you can always go back and do a little more.
Sponsored

Mscdman

Outer Banks
First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
#1 - No you can take them off together which is what I did last weekend. If you store the windows up top you will probably have to take it out.

#2 - I know you were worried about the female piece fitting into your roll bar, you can test that now by simply removing the front panels. As far as install I watched a couple Youtube vid's from Van builders and they explained it better. I ended up simply having the tools bolt flush with the bottom of the female piece then didn't pull too crazy as you can always go back and do a little more.
Good news and medium news. Checked both driver and passenger side holes for the m10 riv nuts on my ‘23 Good news is they fit. No drilling. However, the nuts almost seem too small for the hole (see photo). The flange barely will cover the hole. Hope this will work. Secondly the nuts with the tool seem MUCH better. They have grooves which I think will grip and prevent slipping vs. the ones that came with the top that are smooth and no grooves. Only thing is they are black which I like and the tool ones are brass. But I think using the brass ones are the way to go.

Hope this is okay.

I’ll check out your video on the rivet nut install

IMG_3625.jpeg

IMG_3627.jpeg

IMG_3628.jpeg

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
That looks like the same size hole mine was, I used the Rampage nuts and they're in there very tight. The ridges on the other ones made me feel like instead of sandwiching down they would also dig into the paint and I didn't want that.

Mscdman

Outer Banks
First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That looks like the same size hole mine was, I used the Rampage nuts and they're in there very tight. The ridges on the other ones made me feel like instead of sandwiching down they would also dig into the paint and I didn't want that.
Hmm good point. 🤔

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Realtruck has the Rampage 2 door top back on their website. It’s been renamed Havoc Off-road Voyager. The price is higher than the original listings a few years ago, but it is now $250 cheaper than it’s been over the last year.

Sponsored

Mscdman

Outer Banks
First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Realtruck has the Rampage 2 door top back on their website. It’s been renamed Havoc Off-road Voyager. The price is higher than the original listings a few years ago, but it is now $250 cheaper than it’s been over the last year.
Thanks. I’m on the phone now trying to get back the difference from Friday.

Last edited:

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks. Unreal. I’m on the phone now trying to get back my $250. What BS. I have to escalate to get the top and pay $250 more then 2-days later they change the model name and lower the price m??
I sent the contact you had at realtruck an email inquiring about the stock, it appears relisting it was his response.

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks. Unreal. I’m on the phone now trying to get back my $250. What BS. I have to escalate to get the top and pay $250 more then 2-days later they change the model name and lower the price m??
I guarantee it will come in a Rampage box not a Havoc whatever!

Sponsored

Mscdman

Outer Banks
First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Can anyone confirm if the rear window still contacts if using a Mabett speaker pod?

Mscdman

Outer Banks
First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Been watching several YouTube videos and the havoc install of the kit and still a little unclear on the rig but install.

On the havoc site they back off the riv nut what looks like several threads before collapsing the handles of the tool.

On the YouTube Riv nut installs the people tighten the riv nut to the tool so the nut is flush with the die before collapsing the handles. Which is the correct approach?

I’m comfortable with all the steps but this one.

STX Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 SuperCrew 22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just got it in finger tight and then went for it. Mine don’t spin and are in taught. No issues from mine. #cantbeskerd

Mscdman

Outer Banks
First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks. So to be clear, you finger tightened the riv nut to the tool die and didn’t back it off before crushing?