Sponsored

Random QR code on the bronco windshield - Easter egg?

Blueoval

Badlands
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Explorer & 2010 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Administrator any idea what this random QR Code is? I scan it and it shows 7/22/2021 16:18. I first thought it was my Bronco’s birthday, but my blend date was 6/25 and my gate release was 6/17.

C2F2A3F0-0000-4EF2-B59F-C2FCE78CBD7F.jpeg

C362FEB0-99F5-42DD-81D9-C164B0599881.png

F836AD65-0F4F-4148-B19B-6F7BC956E20F.png
Sponsored

88to21bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This is funny! My kids scanned that first thing and got a random date. Like you, we thought it was the Bronco'w birthday, as it was a day in the past near our blend date.

BroncoB

First Edition
First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Possibly the day the vin and/or window sticker was generated? Wait, how was your blend date earlier than you release date? What exaclty do you mean by release date?

OP
OP
Blueoval

Blueoval

Badlands
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Explorer & 2010 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Possibly the day the vin and/or window sticker was generated? Wait, how was your blend date earlier than you release date? What exaclty do you mean by release date?
You are correct. I was looking at a version of the window sticker I had saved prior to gate release. The date at the bottom in the margin changes. Once it has been cleared to leave the facility (gate released) that date stays firm. My blend and gate release were both 6/25/2021. Once I got past the 6/25 and the date remained 6/25 I knew I was close to getting my bronco. My understanding is that blend date and gate release date are not always the same.

Sponsored

AbeFroman

First Edition
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

You are correct. I was looking at a version of the window sticker I had saved prior to gate release. The date at the bottom in the margin changes. Once it has been cleared to leave the facility (gate released) that date stays firm. My blend and gate release were both 6/25/2021. Once I got past the 6/25 and the date remained 6/25 I knew I was close to getting my bronco. My understanding is that blend date and gate release date are not always the same.
I’m not sure this is correct. I had a blend date of 6/23, release of 6/25 ( which I expected to stay the same) but just recently it changed to 7/4. But, it’s been on the train since 6/29. What else could trigger this date change post gate release?

AHop

Black Diamond
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 F250 Highboy, '96 Miata M-Edition
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The QR code is nothing to do with your specific Bronco. It includes the manufacture date of the glass itself and is used for tracking amongst Ford and suppliers. It is not an Easter egg.

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Last edited:

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
QR codes were actually originally used for tracking individual components during automobile assembly in Japan IIRC. One should not assume random QR codes on auto parts are Easter eggs for consumers.

ricardopandelan

Raptor
First Name
ricardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hilux
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Interesting discovery with the random QR code on your Bronco windshield. I can understand why you might think it's an Easter egg, but it's always intriguing to find out what it actually means. Have you tried reaching out to Ford to see if they have any insights on it? On another note, I wanted to share something that might come in handy when scanning QR codes (whether on your car or elsewhere) - Automatic and eco-friendly document scanning and OCR! I recently came across smartengines.com/, which offers a solution for automating data capture and document processing. It could be useful for businesses or even personal use, especially if you frequently deal with documents or need to extract data from them quickly and accurately.

Last edited:

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@ricardopandelan
The QR code is nothing to do with your specific Bronco. It includes the manufacture date of the glass itself and is used for tracking amongst Ford and suppliers. It is not an Easter egg.
Just used to track the glass during manufacturing.
Sponsored