Rickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It tends to tell me he knows what he's talking about. His info has historically proved to be accurate.
And yet he could quite grasp that the 2.7 doesn’t come with a manual and that Ford screwed up, and people have every right to complain about it, and make it know that they are disappointed with Ford. Hopefully Ford does something to make their mistake right, and if they don’t, I guess all me getting the 2.3. ?‍♂

Rickey498

Big Bend
First Name
Rickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It tends to tell me he knows what he's talking about. His info has historically proved to be accurate.
The only info I will be relying on is what comes out on the order guide. Anything else is subject to change at any given moment. Probably going to start charging for power windows and door locks again. ?‍♂

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Talking about IQ....May be, just may be, Ford needs to hire a few programmers with an IQ north of 130.
Or BAs that translate sensible business flow into Coderese.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The only info I will be relying on is what comes out on the order guide. Anything else is subject to change at any given moment. Probably going to start charging for power windows and door locks again. ?‍♂
This is the first thing you've said that can be agreed on. The rest of the 11 pages is just useless whining.

Sponsored

Rickey498

Big Bend
First Name
Rickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So, you still never answered a question I had for you, do you want an auto or manual transmission?
Auto, but will probably end up going with the 2.3. I put myself at the end of the line so we will see if things change in 2022

Rickey498

Big Bend
First Name
Rickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I am still confused by your F-150 reference, every F-150 comes with a ten speed automatic transmission so why would there be any type charge with an engine option, it does not change the transmission whatsoever? :unsure:
That is what I am saying. You can only get the 2.7 with an auto

Rickey498

Big Bend
First Name
Rickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This is the first thing you've said that can be agreed on. The rest of the 11 pages is just useless whining.
And last I checked this is the United States and we can whine all we want till they turn the reply’s off.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The great thing about a population's IQ is that you don't have to worry about the geometric mean. It's not appropriate to use here and neither is the harmonic mean as long as we're bringing Pythagoras into this.

Now that I'm sober, I am pretty sure it's virtually guaranteed to be true for the mean as we give out IQ values in whole numbers and an arithmetic mean will most likely not give us a whole number, but have some decimal value. It's virtually guaranteed to be false for the median as the median will be a whole number--which at least one person will have--in all but the improbable case that I mentioned where the population is even and the two most centric values differ and the median is n + 0.5, but new babies are born all the time so even then it could, at best, only oscillate between true and false with the birth rate.

Arithmetic Mean = Good
Median = Bad

;)
This is the first time in 12 years that I haven't taught Geometry.

I've never taught stats, but the AP Stats teacher used to be across the hall. I would often tease him about the crazy foreign language he spoke that I didn't understand.?

On the other hand, I haven't forgotten yet how to calculate measures for intercepted arcs and inscribed angles, quote a lot of useless theorems about triangles, and nit pick about semantics in definitions of geometric figures.??

But I am just spouting BS if you hear me say anything about stats (including this morning).???

Rickey498

Big Bend
First Name
Rickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yeah, I get it, configure a build and then it's $1595 more money, it's frustrating.
The only reason I am looking at the 2.7 is to pull my boat out of the water, but according to the tow rating, the 2.3 will do it as well.

Sponsored

Nova

Wildtrak
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
velar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Full transparency, I still have my reservation and am likely to follow through to order but would like to share.

Here is my issue/concern and thoughts with the whole B&P situation.

B&P opened on 10/23. Almost immediately it was noted and brought to Ford’s attention that there were some potential errors to it. Rather than immediately go in and correct it, those errors were allowed to stay. Then almost two months later it was changed to correct the errors.

Yes, we all should know auto transmission doesn’t come free. Yes we know the B&P is just a tool. But it goes deeper than that.

This wasn’t an innocent oversight by Ford. If it was, the changes would have been made immediately in October when it was brought to their attention. Or Ford would have announced “a revised B&P will be released on or around....”

Instead this change (finally) occurred just days before Christmas, a week and a half before New Years and a few mere weeks before orders are set to open.

Funny how Ford won’t let you save the configuration and instead says “print it out”. See, they didn’t want us going back in to the B&P. They wanted us to print it and then stare at it on paper. This way they can slip in the corrections without much fanfare. Hence the ironic timing of the “correction”.

This is a tactic to allow buyers to get into a buyers mindset where mentally you feel you need that Sasquatch package. Or need that higher model. Then when you go to place the actual order, the extra cost becomes insignificant because mentally you already can see yourself wheeling around on those 35s or in that upgraded model. The wrench in Ford’s plan was when it became noticible to so many customers on December 20th.

That and only that is why Ford came back with “we are working to correct it”. It’s not because it takes additional weeks to correct the B&P, it’s because the HQ is figuring out damage control on the outrage.
Thanks Ford for increasing pricing ?

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The only reason I am looking at the 2.7 is to pull my boat out of the water, but according to the tow rating, the 2.3 will do it as well.
I think my 2.3 Bronco will have plenty of power to pull my drift boat out of the water. Plus it will have a free 7MT !

E31FEAAE-3791-475A-A9EB-7B7E1010D3FA.jpeg

Rickey498

Big Bend
First Name
Rickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You know what really pisses me off is that the guys in The Outer Banks get a free automatic transmission and the guys in the Wildtrak get a free transmission and a free 2.7 engine to boot and they are screwing us Badlands guys.

Do we get anything free, NO, we gotta pay $1595 for a transmission and another $1895 for the 2.7 engine, it just ain't right, I'm tellin you it just ain't right! :rolleyes: :unsure: :eek:o_O:mad:
Don’t for get the guys getting a big bend. We are getting screwed too!

Rickey498

Big Bend
First Name
Rickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You know what really pisses me off is that the guys in The Outer Banks get a free automatic transmission and the guys in the Wildtrak get a free transmission and a free 2.7 engine to boot and they are screwing us Badlands guys.

Do we get anything free, NO, we gotta pay $1595 for a transmission and another $1895 for the 2.7 engine, it just ain't right, I'm tellin you it just ain't right! :rolleyes: :unsure: :eek:o_O:mad:
I notice there seems to be more interest in Outer Banks recently. That was my choice all along.
Sponsored