Sponsored

Ranger Raptor Suspension swap into Bronco?

Zhilyard

Badlands
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Scion TC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm curious how much different is the front suspension from a Ranger versus a Bronco? I'm coming from a Raptor swapped F150 do you think it would be feasible to order the EU Ranger Raptor front suspension components and bolt it on to a Bronco? Or are they way different? I seem to see a lot of people saying the Bronco has U.S. Ranger suspension in the front, but from what I see, that doesn't appear to be the case, but the EU Ranger Raptor suspension front and rear looks to be pretty similar. (See Below)

Ford Bronco Ranger Raptor Suspension swap into Bronco? 2019-ford-ranger-raptor-im-test
Ford Bronco Ranger Raptor Suspension swap into Bronco? Ranger-Raptor-Suspension
Sponsored

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There was a video where Vaughn Gitten Jr was saying they built a Ranger on 40's so that they could have parts ready to put a Bronco on 40's. That doesn't mean they're exact copies, but that at least tells me the suspension geometry is close.

Losy

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Just get 2.5 Kings. When I upgraded my Gen 1 Raptor from stock Raptor (FOX) shocks to Kings it made a huge difference on road and off road. Upper control arms and new Kings also give you about a 3" lift if you want to go crazy and add 37's. See video below if interested.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I cant find the numbers, but my immediate concern would be the Ranger Raptor suspension limiting articulation. Bronco has way more flex with factory suspension..

I have the Ranger Tremor with Fox 2.0 (instead of 2.5) and the articulation is kind of shit. Amazing when doing 50+ down rutted roads, but only ok on the rocks. If you don't care about the flex, then its a non issue.

I would also think that just ordering the correct parts from King or someone else would be cheaper.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I dont think the 5th gen Ranger has very much in common with the Bronco. I think they merge a bit more starting with the 2023 model year when they ditch the leaf springs.

Sponsored

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

i really do not see why anyone would consider purchasing parts for an euro spec vehicle to put on a us spec vehicle unless there was a specific attribute which could not be attained by a us sourced supplier. just the shipping for these parts would make them cost prohibitive and the idea of factory support with the modifications would disappear.

is a euro spec ranger supposed to be more capable than any us market products?

OP
OP

Zhilyard

Badlands
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Scion TC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I appreciate everyone's answers, I do indeed want long travel, (not just coilovers) but could be a while before I find a kit I want... I also want to keep my badlands stabilizer bar which might not be possible aftermarket (most long travel kits delete sway bar.) I was able to pick up 3 to 4" of travel raptor swapping (with aftermarket coilovers as well) for a much cheaper price than something off the shelf from camburg/SVC (expensive) Baja kits/Dirt King (cheaper end) and I appreciate that the raptor arms keep OEM specs and reliability (bushings/ball joints). My main point I guess is, I'm curious if the same is possible for the bronco... I am seeing now that EU raptor rangers have 236mm of suspension travel (only 9.5 inches) the bronco is pretty on par with that stock and possibly surpasses that with coilovers. Might have to wait for warthog suspension (which I'm assuming would definitely offer more travel and also keeps sway bar) or hope that aftermarket comes up with a solution to integrate the stabilizer bar with new arms.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The current Ranger is on the old platform where the Bronco is on the new Ranger platform. No idea what changes were made. You would be throwing to dice on this one. Might be a better bet to wait until the Ranger/Raptor is released in the states as they will then be on the same platform.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I appreciate everyone's answers, I do indeed want long travel, (not just coilovers) but could be a while before I find a kit I want... I also want to keep my badlands stabilizer bar which might not be possible aftermarket (most long travel kits delete sway bar.) I was able to pick up 3 to 4" of travel raptor swapping (with aftermarket coilovers as well) for a much cheaper price than something off the shelf from camburg/SVC (expensive) Baja kits/Dirt King (cheaper end) and I appreciate that the raptor arms keep OEM specs and reliability (bushings/ball joints). My main point I guess is, I'm curious if the same is possible for the bronco... I am seeing now that EU raptor rangers have 236mm of suspension travel (only 9.5 inches) the bronco is pretty on par with that stock and possibly surpasses that with coilovers. Might have to wait for warthog suspension (which I'm assuming would definitely offer more travel and also keeps sway bar) or hope that aftermarket comes up with a solution to integrate the stabilizer bar with new arms.
Where do you see this suspension travel listed. I'm 100% sure the UCAs and LCAs are 1-2” longer on the Ranger Raptor vs the Bronco...look at the track widths. And the ranger uses +55 wheels.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Don't forget Ranger Raptor is only running 33s so you have to account for this if you are on 35s. And also Ranger Raptor is running live shocks so not only do you need the hardware BUT you also need the software to make the live shocks work.

And why in the HELL do you guys always ask these questions? Just buy the Ranger Raptor or Warthog if you want the Big boy toys

Sponsored

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't forget Ranger Raptor is only running 33s so you have to account for this if you are on 35s. And also Ranger Raptor is running live shocks so not only do you need the hardware BUT you also need the software to make the live shocks work.

And why in the HELL do you guys always ask these questions? Just buy the Ranger Raptor or Warthog if you want the Big boy toys
I’ll play devils advocate, because someone gotta troll.

“Big boys” shift their own gears and can’t stand your “pedestrian” transmission options. :eek:

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You can't run Live F150 raptor shocks on a F150 Raptor that did not come with it.

So it is not going to happen here ... end of story

I’ll play devils advocate, because someone gotta troll.

“Big boys” shift their own gears and can’t stand your “pedestrian” transmission options. :eek:

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'd order one today if it wasn't an oversized 4dr. I'm a 2dr guy. So my (and others) options are to make a 2dr Raptorized.
I don't need the live shocks. But the longer UCAs and LCAs would be great, especially since I have the part numbers and they are in-stock and 4 days out, (not 4-6 months like the aftermarket)

So for me this looks like a quick fix...lol

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can't run Live F150 shocks on a F150 Raptor that did not some with it.

So it is not going to happen here.
you can’t retrofit the modules and code them?

If I was dropping the coin personally for a LT swap personally I’d go coilovers and bypass with fabricated arms. I don’t need to tell you why…..

I was legit about to order a LT kit, and the tight trails have me rethinking it all. I made a thread….
Sponsored