Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 BMW 335I Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m curious how long the wait time is for a Ranger. As we know, the Ranger and Bronco are built at the same factory. Do they have equally long wait times? Is their backlog of orders as big as the Broncos?

i have no interest in a Ranger at this time, but it makes me wonder if the wait/backlog on Ranger is shorter, why not schedule less Ranger builds, and prioritize the Bronco builds until the backlogs get similar.

i know the monthly build summaries show about 3 Broncos to every 2 Rangers. But if there is even less demand/backlog for Rangers, why not build even more Broncos? In general, Broncos are a higher dollar vehicle, and would even boost Ford’s earnings a bit. This is all assuming that the supply chains have the parts,to build more Broncos.

I also find it fascinating that they have shortages on parts to build out vehicles. Sure I understand there was a pandemic and parts were coming from around the world, and in some cases the capacity (microchips) was not there. But this is a MRP dream to have known demands for at least a year before production. Within the first few hours they knew a baseline of how many of each trim were reserved. These were confirmed 6 months before production. Ford’s purchasing managers should have been more forceful or resourceful with their vendors. Sure, some things are sole sourced (hardtops), but to be short something like a modular bumper seams easy to resolve. You give a vendor an order for x number of mod bumpers. They come back and say we can only give you x-y. You then find another vendor that can build y number of bumpers. I am sure there is capacity at a fabrication shop (clearly not the average welding shop, but there are large companies that do contract work like this to a spec) somewhere that could get a contract to weld some mod bumpers. Apply this logic to other items down the line.
Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
The supply chain constraints (especially the MIC top) is the reason Ford is building as few Broncos as they are. Ford would happily build Bronco/Ranger at 80/20 split if they had the parts.

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I do not have the answers to your questions but I like your question and it would I would like to know the answer to your question given the many variables

Tripodbruno

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma(no more) F-250, Hiker Trailer, Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I put in a Ranger order almost 6 months ago as a backup to my Bronco order and crickets… the salesperson said he had been getting rangers in about 8-12 weeks …for me nothing I specked a very simple build and have only got one email from ford and ghosted by the dealer. It is looking like my 2005 Tacoma will become an adult long before I can get anything new.
Sponsored