Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4Runner SR5P, '17 Patriot, '04 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's funny. I was telling my Wife that I was absolutely not getting the Bronco in red, since my Jeep is red and it seems like there are red vehicles everywhere around here.

....I am now eating my words, and she's finding this hilarious: That Rapid Red is looking pretty damn good, and I'm now considering it!
Sponsored

TJ Freestone

Big Bend
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD Edge
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Surprisingly, there is no official thread for this color.

Is anyone else strongly considering this color after seeing the Rapid Red OBX 4 door from the Q&A reveal?

I never thought I would get a red car, but had a hunch that this color would look awesome, and sure enough it does. It is officially in my top three.

Anyone else in a similar spot (never had a red car before, never was planning on it, but now really considering it?)
Yes, it is my first choice, but I am also thinking about the blue.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If I go with a Base, it'll probably be Rapid Red, it's really the only Base color with personality except Velocity Blue, and I'm not waiting for it. If the Carbonized Gray actually looked like the colorizer (kinda green) I'd go with it. and I've got nothing against red:
Ford Bronco Rapid Red - Official Thread IMGP3408.JPG

GiddyUp

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Jeebus.

That is straight up sex.
RIGHT! This is that same color I saw on a Mustang at the dealership this morning! It is really captivating ... especially up close. The color does change in the shade, like most of the colors not called Cyber Orange, White or Black, and the color also looks more ruby from distance. Race Red changes when up close since it's a flat paint. So looks kind of "plain" up close, but sharp from a distance. The Rapid, though, looks like the paint was just-applied-wet a moment ago!

I was able to see most of the colors on the lot except for Cyber Orange & Carbonized Gray, and I left with having Rapid Red as a top 3 choice. My other picks are Cactus and Carbonized Gray. I'm hesitant on Cactus since I'm afraid it will look like an off (dirty) white in the shade or night time. Carbonized on the Mach E looks crazy amazing like that liquid Terminator metal color. However, the dark colors are all over the roads already. Yeah, there are the red cars out there, but not like the black, white, silvers and grays.

Soooooo .... just need to see Cactus & Carbonized in person one day ... like soon I hope! Even if it's on the Sport!

Ford Bronco Rapid Red - Official Thread Mach E Carbon Gray
Ford Bronco Rapid Red - Official Thread Reds

Race in background and Rapid in foreground. Oxford White included here too for reference.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
that pic looks better than the non glam shots I've seen with this color on other models. providing this hasn't been manipulated. But the other two pics after it brings me to "meh" again.

Not only are you paying more, I just don't think it will give you enough "wow" factor.

I concur with the steps. And I originally wanted them. Aftermarket electric deployment all the way
Remember OB is a soccer mom model. Matching fenders and sporting running boards.

Clark

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
RIGHT! This is that same color I saw on a Mustang at the dealership this morning! It is really captivating ... especially up close. The color does change in the shade, like most of the colors not called Cyber Orange, White or Black, and the color also looks more ruby from distance. Race Red changes when up close since it's a flat paint. So looks kind of "plain" up close, but sharp from a distance. The Rapid, though, looks like the paint was just-applied-wet a moment ago!

I was able to see most of the colors on the lot except for Cyber Orange & Carbonized Gray, and I left with having Rapid Red as a top 3 choice. My other picks are Cactus and Carbonized Gray. I'm hesitant on Cactus since I'm afraid it will look like an off (dirty) white in the shade or night time. Carbonized on the Mach E looks crazy amazing like that liquid Terminator metal color. However, the dark colors are all over the roads already. Yeah, there are the red cars out there, but not like the black, white, silvers and grays.

Soooooo .... just need to see Cactus & Carbonized in person one day ... like soon I hope! Even if it's on the Sport!

Race in background and Rapid in foreground. Oxford White included here too for reference.
Oxford white / rapid red / cactus gray for me. I go back and forth in order of preference in those about daily.

GiddyUp

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Oxford white / rapid red / cactus gray for me. I go back and forth in order of preference in those about daily.
That white is really a fab color, and one you can't go wrong with really! No fuss about what top color to go with, and matches/ contrasts with anything. I would have white on my list if for not owning a white car already in my past. Can't wait to see all our choices out on the roads! Cheers

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am officially down to 2 colors. Rapid Red or Antimatter Blue. I think both have great depth and will look great with the white roof (Fingers crossed). I was at 5 just a few days ago, so I’m slowly making progress. The Rapid Red at the NYSE was spectacular. If it had been a 2 door Badlands or Wildtrak, I probably would have eliminated AMB.

Sponsored

GiddyUp

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I am officially down to 2 colors. Rapid Red or Antimatter Blue. I think both have great depth and will look great with the white roof (Fingers crossed). I was at 5 just a few days ago, so I’m slowly making progress. The Rapid Red at the NYSE was spectacular. If it had been a 2 door Badlands or Wildtrak, I probably would have eliminated AMB.
Two fab colors! So what if white is not a choice? Would that help you decide between those two?

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was thinking rapid red would look out of place on the 4 door, but after seeing the concept, I'm rethinking. The concept needs more black. Black fender flares, black wheels, and black mirrors. I've ruled out Area 51 for being to light blue. I'm still not sure on Cactus Gray. I'm tired of black.

Ford Bronco Rapid Red - Official Thread 1597718340647

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Two fab colors! So what if white is not a choice? Would that help you decide between those two?
I don’t think so, I am pretty sure that it will be one of those 2 colors no matter what. I honestly don’t know how I will decide yet. It took me weeks to eliminate Cyber Orange and Cactus Green.

GiddyUp

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I don’t think so, I am pretty sure that it will be one of those 2 colors no matter what. I honestly don’t know how I will decide yet. It took me weeks to eliminate Cyber Orange and Cactus Green.
I have Cactus as a contender, so what made you decide against it? I need help ... :LOL:
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.