Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mazda CX-5, 2018 Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Rapid Red is my first choice then it’s the blues. If it’s the same burgundy red that’s on the Raptors I’ll be ordering it. Plus I might do a little Gold pinstripes to make it my ASU Bronco.
How'd you like it at ASU? I just graduated from U of A....although I'm old and returned to school after 20 years. Gold pinstripes will look cool on that color red. I'm leaning towards this color as well.
Sponsored

BadBoyBroncoBilly

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E150 Adventure Van, Chevrolet Spark
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How'd you like it at ASU? I just graduated from U of A....although I'm old and returned to school after 20 years. Gold pinstripes will look cool on that color red. I'm leaning towards this color as well.
I loved the school I graduated 20 years ago! I am happy that I had the experiences I had back in my day ASU use to be the party school of the nation and Playboy #1 college ☀???. Todays ASU is too Nerdy! LOL

maybe I could get sparky for a photoshoot ?

BernR6

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mazda CX-5, 2018 Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I loved the school I graduated 20 years ago! I am happy that I had the experiences I had back in my day ASU use to be the party school of the nation and Playboy #1 college ☀???. Todays ASU is too Nerdy! LOL

maybe I could get sparky for a photoshoot ?
Dude, that's hilarious. 20 years ago one of my friends was going to U of A....I used to fly out to visit him and party. He had a friend at ASU, so we'd make the drive to Phoenix. We would hang out at this bar...I think it was called "The Library." lol. I used to always check the rankings in Playboy...U of A, albeit a smaller University was often in the top ten for party schools. Had some fun times. haha. Always wished I would've gone there when I was first going to college, but was already attending a school in my town. Two years ago, I decided to go to U of A (online) for another degree. I was going to fly out to Tucson to walk in graduation this past May, but Covid shut everything down. I do agree that Sparky will probably be open for a photoshoot. Maybe you guys can do advertising for ASU, while the both of you go romping in your new Bronco. lol

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was thinking rapid red would look out of place on the 4 door, but after seeing the concept, I'm rethinking. The concept needs more black. Black fender flares, black wheels, and black mirrors. I've ruled out Area 51 for being to light blue. I'm still not sure on Cactus Gray. I'm tired of black.

1597718340647.png
Agree.. body colored fenders and the steps in all the other pictures ruin it

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve been in love with the Ruby Red my last two Focus hatchbacks and my current escape. Since Rapid Red replaced Ruby Red and it’s not that much different, I’m sold on it for my Bronco. It looks great in the photos on their website and I think it will look even better in person. I was considering getting a different color like Cyber Orange or one of the Blues or even the Cactus Grey, but I can’t not get it in Rapid Red at this point. It looks real good especially on the two door model.

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Saw one of these coming the other way on a side road today (so speeds were low and I got to gawk)..... Just like the pic, Rapid Red with white stripes.

Full-grown-bearded-6 pound-4 ounce-baby-Jesus, it was beautiful!

Having looked long and hard at Ruby Red when nearly buying a 2015 Mustang GT but deciding that the color would just end up as "burgundy, 99% of the time" here in the Pacific Northwest, I had not anticipated the minor changes to the tinted clear to give Rapid Red the pep it needed to be a great color in all lighting.

Rapid Red has now moved up to second place (from third) on my preferred color chart for the Bronco.

Ford Bronco Rapid Red - Official Thread IMG_9649[1]

Full disclosure: To get an idea of the lighting near Seattle right now, this is what the city looked like yesterday due to forest fire smoke. It's a little better now, but certainly not getting a lot of un-filtered natural sunlight.

Ford Bronco Rapid Red - Official Thread gettyimages-1228481843___14113319732[1]

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Saw one of these coming the other way on a side road today (so speeds were low and I got to gawk)..... Just like the pic, Rapid Red with white stripes.

Full-grown-bearded-6 pound-4 ounce-baby-Jesus, it was beautiful!

Having looked long and hard at Ruby Red when nearly buying a 2015 Mustang GT but deciding that the color would just end up as "burgundy, 99% of the time" here in the Pacific Northwest, I had not anticipated the minor changes to the tinted clear to give Rapid Red the pep it needed to be a great color in all lighting.

Rapid Red has now moved up to second place (from third) on my preferred color chart for the Bronco.

Full disclosure: To get an idea of the lighting near Seattle right now, this is what the city looked like yesterday due to forest fire smoke. It's a little better now, but certainly not getting a lot of un-filtered natural sunlight.

Hot take, Rapid Red is the perfect color for the GT500

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Stopped at the dealer today to checkout Rapid Red....beautiful! My first choice and last choice.
it's a great color and I can't wait to see a two door in person with this color

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I think all Ford vehicles look great in Rapid and previously Ruby Red
It's a good color. You have to take into consideration your area and how much sun you get though. Ruby Red is simply (Ron) burgundy in overcast conditions. It needs bright light to really pop. Rapid Red is slightly better due to being a few shades brighter.

At this moment there is a Rapid Red Ford Explorer in the parking lot outside my office and it looks like any typical medium metallic red you could find by any manufacturer. But the light levels are at "forest fire smoke" here on the west coast...

Stopped at the dealer today to checkout Rapid Red....beautiful! My first choice and last choice.
That's what you said last time about Cactus Gray!

I've got a query out to my buddy who owns a body shop to find out what paint and materials run for Rapid Red. Being a tri-coat it will be more expensive than standard paint, but if it's in the same range as Mazda's Soul Red Crystal, then the paint materials cost alone for re-painting just a bumper will be over $1,000 (not including parts and labor). After dealing with the Mazda's high-maintenance and expensive tri-coat paint, i'm apprehensive to pull the trigger on another vehicle with a tri-coat.

It's a stunning color in person, but it's thin, clear coat is too soft, and massively expensive after the initial $595 up-charge.

Ford Bronco Rapid Red - Official Thread 86efebc2-2017-mazda-cx-5-6[1]

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
That's what you said last time about Cactus Gray!
Nope, never was a choice of mine. Was just making comments on how it seems to have changed after you pointed out how "Gray" it was. My Audi is "Monsoon Gray", beautiful color and my last car, a BMW X3 was Space Gray. Enough of the "Grays" for me!

PS-Live in SoCal where it's almost always sunny.
Ford Bronco Rapid Red - Official Thread tenor[1]

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's a good color. You have to take into consideration your area and how much sun you get though. Ruby Red is simply (Ron) burgundy in overcast conditions. It needs bright light to really pop. Rapid Red is slightly better due to being a few shades brighter.

At this moment there is a Rapid Red Ford Explorer in the parking lot outside my office and it looks like any typical medium metallic red you could find by any manufacturer. But the light levels are at "forest fire smoke" here on the west coast...
I don't know but for me I always head turn when I see a Ford in with the Rapid Red or Ruby Red, it really pops and looks great on all their models. Some times it does look darker depending on the light but I like that it's not the bright race red but not too dark. I don't think it's quite burgundy looking to me imo, but I would've loved to see the Burgundy Velvet that found on the Edge, Explorer, or some if not all the Lincoln products. That would look really good on the Bronco.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's a good color.
Rick, you seem to be the forum paint master. What do you know about product sourcing?

Same (by name) color offerings on different Ford products produced at different plants at different times. Do you think there's any variation across vehicles/plants/model years?

Do you think all of it comes from one supplier?....or perhaps the red comes from one supplier, and the blue from another? Or velocity blue comes from supplier A in 2019, and supplier B in 2020?

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ford Bronco Rapid Red - Official Thread CanineUglyKissingbug-small[1]

I uh....... Don't know anything about that! One would assume that as every body shop in the country will have access to the 11 herbs and spices to re-create any color that it's pretty darn close to identical. My experience with Soul Red Crystal is very recent and the buddy with the body shop is looking into Rapid Red materials costs.

My guess is that it's all one supplier for manufacturing or Ford gets to dictate the brand/quality of chemicals they use as it will have implications from storage to spraying to finishing.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.