Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

In case it helps, I found this video comparing Rapid and Ruby Red side by side, although it appears to be a little overcast.
She had a good point ... there is, or what appears, to be a touch of orange in it. Especially during a sunny day and that's part of what makes it so alluring.

Sponsored

11Bronco1776

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 1994.5 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Owned a red super duty once, never red again. That Outerbanks is cute though.
Interested to know why. I am considering rapid red and looking for feedback.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was initially thinking Rapid Red and getting some bronze wheels but I live in the Seattle area and I can’t be driving a 49er-mobile around here! Race Red or a cyber Orange it is.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Interested to know why. I am considering rapid red and looking for feedback.
It’s just not my style. Got really tired of looking at that big red truck lol, too loud for my personality, as silly as that sounds.

11Bronco1776

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 1994.5 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s just not my style. Got really tired of looking at that big red truck lol, too loud for my personality, as silly as that sounds.
That's kinds why I like the race red it's a bit more subdued isn't it? Not bright poppin but dim slimming...haha. wasn't sure how to rhyme that.

Lewisj41

Heritage
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Sponsored

SharpGT500

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous 74, 78, 80, 84 II XLS. Current: 1974
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same (by name) color offerings on different Ford products produced at different plants at different times. Do you think there's any variation across vehicles/plants/model years?

Do you think all of it comes from one supplier?....or perhaps the red comes from one supplier, and the blue from another? Or velocity blue comes from supplier A in 2019, and supplier B in 2020?
PPG is Ford's paint supplier. It comes in big reusable stainless steel totes. I'm sorry but I don't know how many gallons is in one, Maybe 250. They transfer it into holding tanks with agitators.

When the vehicles go through the paint booth, the paint process is the same no matter what the color is. The robots have multiple paint lines running through them and the computer tells them which color or clear to spray. First is the primer robots. Then they go to the base robots and get two coats. Then the clear robots for two coats. I the case of tinted clear, the first coat is tinted and I believe second is clear.

In some but not all plants, the doors, hood, and liftgate only get opened once in the base and clear operations. Which means those inside areas only get one coat of base and one coat of clear. After that they go through the ovens and bake the finish to get it hard.

Every effort is made to make the color the same in every plant. However, sometimes you can notice a slight difference on painted plastics that bolt to the vehicles. They are painted at the suppliers plant and not at the factory where the vehicle is made.

All bodies are E coated before they reach the paint department.

I work in the paint department at the Ford Escape plant and that's what our process is.

Lewisj41

Heritage
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Lewisj41

Heritage
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Someone dropped this gem in another thread and I thought it should get its own post.

anks-2021-bronco-factory-production-line-plant-jpg.jpg
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.