BearWithMe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tacoma 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't know but for me I always head turn when I see a Ford in with the Rapid Red or Ruby Red, it really pops and looks great on all their models. Some times it does look darker depending on the light but I like that it's not the bright race red but not too dark. I don't think it's quite burgundy looking to me imo, but I would've loved to see the Burgundy Velvet that found on the Edge, Explorer, or some if not all the Lincoln products. That would look really good on the Bronco.
I really like the Burgundy Velvet, too. Wish it was available on the Bronco.

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really like the Burgundy Velvet, too. Wish it was available on the Bronco.
It’s truly disappointing, I would’ve maybe gone for that over the Rapid Red... maybe. I also like the Royal Crimson on the 2018 Mustang, it's similar to the Burgundy Velvet but it was still a nice color. As you can tell I like darker Red colors lol

IMG_20180711_152809_130.jpg

TJ Freestone

Big Bend
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD Edge
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Looks identical to Ruby Red that they have had for some years now. I wonder if they just renamed it? I had it on my 2016 F150 and loved it. The color looks so different depending on the light it is in.
I have been to my local Ford dealer and looked at both of them. No it is much different. Ruby Red has an orange tint to it. The Rapid Red is deeper with what looks like medal flake. I would almost call it a candy apple red. It is my choice for sure and I hope it is not very popular due to the additional cost.

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have been to my local Ford dealer and looked at both of them. No it is much different. Ruby Red has an orange tint to it. The Rapid Red is deeper with what looks like medal flake. I would almost call it a candy apple red. It is my choice for sure and I hope it is not very popular due to the additional cost.
Around me I don't see to many but idk if about cost or peoples taste/preference. A lot of blacks, silvers, whites, and grays; I love seeing actual colors regardless of if it's on the brighter or darker side.

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Saw that Mustang GT500 again today, this time in a drizzle with lower light. It was pretty mean!

The friend who owns a body shop got back to me and said that Rapid Red uses a tinted clear base coat, then the un-tinted clear goes over that. This is a more expensive process (why it's an up-charge color), and generally means that the clear coat is softer overall before getting to the paint layer. Repairs, re-painting or having things color matched will definately be more expensive for any of the colors Ford has an up-charge for as they all fall into this territory.

It will be cheaper than Mazda's Soul Red Crystal in terms of raw materials. But not by a lot. (He pulled the paint code and showed all the materials needed to paint just a bumper, it was "under a grand, but not by a lot". The Mazda was $1,100 in materials for the same volume)

Also, there's a new official Ford video with Rapid Red on the "Mustang"...... (snicker, snicker)

Those crazy kids with the electric "mustang" have a pretty comprehensive thread of over 38 pages with pictures of Rapid Red. It's worth a viewing if this is the color you're serious about.

"Mustang" Rapid Red pages

Last edited:

BearWithMe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tacoma 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Saw that Mustang GT500 again today, this time in a drizzle with lower light. It was pretty mean!

The friend who owns a body shop got back to me and said that Rapid Red uses a tinted clear base coat, then the un-tinted clear goes over that. This is a more expensive process (why it's an up-charge color), and generally means that the clear coat is softer overall before getting to the paint layer. Repairs, re-painting or having things color matched will definately be more expensive for any of the colors Ford has an up-charge for as they all fall into this territory.

It will be cheaper than Mazda's Soul Red Crystal in terms of raw materials. But not by a lot. (He pulled the paint code and showed all the materials needed to paint just a bumper, it was "under a grand, but not by a lot". The Mazda was $1,100 in materials for the same volume)

Also, there's a new official Ford video with Rapid Red on the "Mustang"...... (snicker, snicker)

Those crazy kids with the electric "mustang" have a pretty comprehensive thread of over 38 pages with pictures of Rapid Red. It's worth a viewing if this is the color you're serious about.

"Mustang" Rapid Red pages
Beautiful country. Nice music. Thanks for sharing that video of the Mach-E. But I think Rapid Red becomes too pink for me on a cloudy day. That narrows my color choices down to Cyber Orange or Carbonized.

Last edited:

mikeandmiki

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-350 Platinum, '16 Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Can anyone explain what Rapid Red Metallic Tinted Clearcoat means? Is the paint metallic or the clear coat? How will it be affected by polishing?

Sponsored

WNC_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tacoma 4x4,2017 Honda Civic LX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Can anyone explain what Rapid Red Metallic Tinted Clearcoat means? Is the paint metallic or the clear coat? How will it be affected by polishing?
Scroll up to post #100 in this thread.He explains the process on how its painted

mikeandmiki

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-350 Platinum, '16 Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Scroll up to post #100 in this thread.He explains the process on how its painted
Thanks. Can't believe I missed it. I searched tinted clearcoat to no avail and it was just a couple above mine.

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks too much like a Jeep commander.
Ford Bronco Rapid Red - Official Thread 235516
I know some Jeeps like the Commander and Liberty from that era had some problems, design wise I liked they way they looked

Beef78

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus and 71 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know some Jeeps like the Commander and Liberty from that era had some problems, design wise I liked they way they looked
I drove one for 8 years. Only real problem I had was I had to replace the starter 3 times. Loved the room I had in it. One cool feature is the backseat was elevated so the kid could see out the front window. It’s the only car my mom could actually ride in the backseat and not get sick in.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.