bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
None of us need anything as over the top as a Raptor either, though. I chose to spend $2k on the bead locks simply for looks. Aftermarket Warthog wheels will be limited and more expensive than Ford’s offer.
I'm not talking about looks. The bead locks look nice. No one needs any Bronco so that is kind of a lame argument imo. You can get by with some 1990 Honda. That isn't the point and it wasn't what OP was inquiring about. OP asked if they needed them for rock crawling, they didn't ask about looks. Having been rock crawling if you aren't sure if you need them for what you're doing you probably aren't on extreme enough terrain to need them.
Sponsored

F1rstEdition

First Edition
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Overland Sequoia - 21 FE Bronco - 13 200 Series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I was told the "standard" non beadlock ready wheels are not even available and that is holding up my Raptor build. Anyone else hear that?

wanna1

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F150 Platinum 4x4 2022 Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was told the "standard" non beadlock ready wheels are not even available and that is holding up my Raptor build. Anyone else hear that?
I ordered a Bronco Raptor last Friday and had to select the optional wheels to get my order accepted.

Drttrac

Raptor
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Range Rover Sport SC Autobiography
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

My dealer rep called a few weeks ago asking if I wanted to upgrade to the forged wheels to expedite my order as they had ran out of the standard wheel. Not worth the $2k in my opinion as the wheels were the first and only thing I was going to swap out.

350vudu

Raptor
First Name
350vudu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2019 Ducati V4S Corse
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

My dealer rep called a few weeks ago asking if I wanted to upgrade to the forged wheels to expedite my order as they had ran out of the standard wheel. Not worth the $2k in my opinion as the wheels were the first and only thing I was going to swap out.
This was my position as well. I actually already have new wheels and tires sitting in my garage but I made the switch in hopes of getting scheduled sooner and pray I can sell them to recoup some of that cost back.

Sponsored

Losy

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Realize that is you run beadlocks (not just beadlock capable) you need to re-torque all those little bolts around the rim. My off road shop suggests monthly some do it quarterly.
i mostly enjoy high speed desert off roading so I am passing on beadlocks. But the maintenance is something to consider. Granted, they is a lot of 4x4 prep one should do prior to an off road trip, and some people enjoy this aspect.

UniBroncorn

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
My 2022 Braptor has the beadlock capable aluminum wheels. 2023 Braptor no longer has these particular wheels as an option. The 2023 has the regular and Beadlock capable forged wheels. Wondering if the wheels i have on the 2022 have been discontinued or constrained.

Screenshot_20230114-014421_Gallery.jpg

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Its beadlocks That really important if not for rock crawling? Is it worthy the $2k?
The real question you should be asking is if they are worth the constant maintenance and attention running bead locks requires.

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The real question you should be asking is if they are worth the constant maintenance and attention running bead locks requires.
Wouldn't a bit of low strength (blue) loctite solve any Beadlock bolt maintenance issues?

wanna1

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F150 Platinum 4x4 2022 Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wouldn't a bit of low strength (blue) loctite solve any Beadlock bolt maintenance issues?
I asked the same question and was told that I needed to use anti-seize on the bolts.

Sponsored

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I asked the same question and was told that I needed to use anti-seize on the bolts.
As contradictory as it might seem loctite does provide some antisieze properties. It isolates the male and female threads with a chemical film which helps against any electrochemical effects that could contribute to seizing. It also prevents movement which can lead to galling and then seizing.

If it's a well known issue that beadlock bolts come loose and/or need anti-sieze, I would personally go with low or medium strength loctite.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Over a year running real beadlocks no air lost and nothing needing to be torqued (although I do check every few months) I was met out with a digital torque wrench and Ted-Gel

5CF1B329-B51F-4A49-8819-749795DC6866.jpeg

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Over a year running real beadlocks no air lost and nothing needing to be torqued (although I do check every few months) I was met out with a digital torque wrench and Ted-Gel
Some reasonably hard wheeling I assume?

Can you clarify the bold part (typo maybe)?

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Some reasonably hard wheeling I assume?

Can you clarify the bold part (typo maybe)?
Darn tiny keyboards on the phone

I was meticulous with a digital torque wrench and Tef-Gel

Digital torque wrench that read down low https://www.acdelco-tools.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=61_87&product_id=131

And Tef-Gel anti seize
https://www.tefgel.com/contain.php?param=tefgel_infor

I did 4 rounds of torquing 5lb, 10lb, 15lb and 20lb in a star pattern.

Mind you my wheels are aftermarket.

Did I need them, Nope, was a I scared of doing them Yep. Would I do it again, Yep. I hate "faux beadlocks" just for the looks. It was either nothing or beadlocks. I looked into Hutchinson Rock Monsters, but at the time they wanted $7500 for a custom set.

I was able to get a very specific offset and hub centric wheels without hub bore adapters. I have about 18mm of offset. I didn't want poke.
Sponsored