Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus and E350
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Its beadlocks That really important if not for rock crawling? Is it worthy the $2k?
Sponsored

Patotas

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

no beadlocks are not needed unless you are doing serious rock crawling and dropping your tire pressure really low. Most people wont even need beadlocks even when they are going off-road.

TXBoy79

Wildtrak
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
it is more than 2k to make them a beadlock wheel.

in addition to buying the wheels, you have to buy the beadlock rings for roughly $800 to convert them to a true beadlock wheel

Its beadlocks That really important if not for rock crawling? Is it worthy the $2k?

Sponsored

jroy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Expedition Max
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
do we know if the current bronco beadlock rings will work on the raptor forged wheels?

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
are you asking if the bronco "true" beadlock rings will work on the Raptor Forged wheels? I am pretty sure the answer is yes.

I know the Warthogs now in Johnson Valley for the media event is running F150 Raptor Beadlock rings.

do we know if the current bronco beadlock rings will work on the raptor forged wheels?

jroy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Expedition Max
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I may be wrong, but I thought the ones I saw in the pics where on the cast "beadlock ready" wheels. I ordered the forged "beadlock ready" option and want to order the true beadlock rings, if possible, so I have them ready once my raptor arrives. I wasnt sure if it was the same ring for all options. thanks!

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If you look at the Ford Performance true Beadlock rings, they don't distinguish between cast wheels or for forged wheels. And I bet once the warthog is released, the item below will fit the Warthog beadlock capable wheels also >> it fits the 2021 GEN3 F150 Raptor which are the same wheels used on the Warthog

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-1021-F15RB

I may be wrong, but I thought the ones I saw in the pics where on the cast "beadlock ready" wheels. I ordered the forged "beadlock ready" option and want to order the true beadlock rings, if possible, so I have them ready once my raptor arrives. I wasnt sure if it was the same ring for all options. thanks!

Sponsored

'18 M2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Warthog
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
IMO if you aren't sure if you need bead locks you don't need bead locks.
None of us need anything as over the top as a Raptor either, though. I chose to spend $2k on the bead locks simply for looks. Aftermarket Warthog wheels will be limited and more expensive than Ford’s offer.

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I've read the current bronco functional beadlocks are also spec'd for Raptor, but all the Raptors in the Calornia museum thread have older beadlocks from a few year old F150 Raptor. So now I don't know. The older F150 Raptor ones have extra notches cut out on the edge towards the center.

'18 M2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Warthog
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I've read the current bronco functional beadlocks are also spec'd for Raptor, but all the Raptors in the Calornia museum thread have older beadlocks from a few year old F150 Raptor. So now I don't know. The older F150 Raptor ones have extra notches cut out on the edge towards the center.
These are the Option 2 wheels (forged bead lock) from the MY22 Warthog, from the Cali museum thread.

51FAA93A-2727-4B9F-97AC-A3F01B725FFD.jpeg

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

These are the Option 2 wheels (forged bead lock) from the MY22 Warthog, from the Cali museum thread.

51FAA93A-2727-4B9F-97AC-A3F01B725FFD.jpeg
There were several that had functional beadlocks. For some reason a boat load of pictures were removed from that thread and th er y are not there anymore. They were here:
Post in thread 'Herd of Bronco Raptors Spotted in Palm Springs' https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...rs-spotted-in-palm-springs.46051/post-1441192

Anyway the ones that were on on them looked like these:
https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-1021-RA1

'18 M2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Warthog
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
There were several that had functional beadlocks. For some reason a boat load of pictures were removed from that thread and th er y are not there anymore. They were here:
Post in thread 'Herd of Bronco Raptors Spotted in Palm Springs' https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...rs-spotted-in-palm-springs.46051/post-1441192

Anyway the ones that were on on them looked like these:
https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-1021-RA1
The poster Sweatyballz was complaining about the photos‘ source not getting proper credit, maybe that’s why some got deleted. Who knows. Now that you say that though, I do think I saw some with the rings on.
Sponsored