Sponsored

Raptor Owners - Do you think the Raptor is too wide?

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Totally agree with you. I was thinking the same thing. The difference: Widened Jeeps typically have slimmer fenders and will bounce a tire off the obstacle. The Raptor will bounce a fender.

I'd actually consider the ADV 4.5" Raptor Fenders for that reason.
I do not think its to wide. I have some scars in the PPF on drivers side front and rear fenders. Didn't gouge the flair. Rear if drivers fender it mud wall i slide perfectly sideways into, it bounced good, popped several of the fender clips at the rear. If had a slight poke on tires these would not have happened.

I now have 1.5 spacers. We will see if this helps.
Sponsored

OP
OP
DBC Offroad

DBC Offroad

Raptor
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'23 Raptor & '21 4Runner TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I do not think its to wide. I have some scars in the PPF on drivers side front and rear fenders. Didn't gouge the flair. Rear if drivers fender it mud wall i slide perfectly sideways into, it bounced good, popped several of the fender clips at the rear. If had a slight poke on tires these would not have happened.

I now have 1.5 spacers. We will see if this helps.
Good to know. Thanks!

Huntingbigun

Raptor
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F350 4x4, 98 Ls Tj on tons
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Its wide but my TJ buggy is wider but not apples to apples. however as some say the fenders create issue going off camber the fender will hit were my old JKU had narrow metalcloak fenders so no issues. Have ran bunch trails in Moab, Sand Hollow, Ouray, Breckenridge and others. The only trail that it will not fit down that my built jeep went Elephant Hill in Utah. All the fun stuff like Pritchett canyon, double Sammy in sand hollow & Holy Cross in Colorado the fat boy (my nickname for raptor) gets it done. not sure I want it any wider with spacers as my beadlocks look like shit already lol

With ford beadlocks installed almost 89 wide with Nitto 37 tires, so pick your lines and you be fine

PurpleBronco2.3

Base
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

(Side note - factory jack gets the job done.)
It took my two times using the jack to bend back the prongs to the point that I can’t even use the jack without it coming out before it slips out, so not I drive around with a 2.5T floor jack.

OP
OP
DBC Offroad

DBC Offroad

Raptor
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Its wide but my TJ buggy is wider but not apples to apples. however as some say the fenders create issue going off camber the fender will hit were my old JKU had narrow metalcloak fenders so no issues. Have ran bunch trails in Moab, Sand Hollow, Ouray, Breckenridge and others. The only trail that it will not fit down that my built jeep went Elephant Hill in Utah. All the fun stuff like Pritchett canyon, double Sammy in sand hollow & Holy Cross in Colorado the fat boy (my nickname for raptor) gets it done. not sure I want it any wider with spacers as my beadlocks look like shit already lol

With ford beadlocks installed almost 89 wide with Nitto 37 tires, so pick your lines and you be fine
Thanks for the input! Sounds like you go everywhere. Do your bead locks double as rash guards now? I have the non-beadlock wheels. I like the protection rings on the factory beadlocks. At least you can replace the ring.

Sponsored
OP
OP
DBC Offroad

DBC Offroad

Raptor
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It took my two times using the jack to bend back the prongs to the point that I can’t even use the jack without it coming out before it slips out, so not I drive around with a 2.5T floor jack.
In fairness the factory jack was able to get my tire changed, But looked like it was going to bend. I wouldn’t rely on it for multiple uses.

Huntingbigun

Raptor
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F350 4x4, 98 Ls Tj on tons
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thanks for the input! Sounds like you go everywhere. Do your bead locks double as rash guards now? I have the non-beadlock wheels. I like the protection rings on the factory beadlocks. At least you can replace the ring.
The factory protection rings on beadlock wheels you take off and replace with new outer ring with tire flipped to the outside, never really care about rash damage on beadlock rings i bought it to rock crawl so kind like badge of honor. You can reinstall the protection rings after removing beadlock ring and putting outer bead of tire back inside wheel. But thats lot work to do if you wheel alot as most tire shops will not install beadlocks a I do my own.

thanks

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

In fairness the factory jack was able to get my tire changed, But looked like it was going to bend. I wouldn’t rely on it for multiple uses.
I bought an old school Toyota 96-02 4Runner non hydraulic telescope screw jack, fits in the tray storage above the factory jack.
Sponsored