Conway
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Hello! This is my first post here. Take it easy on me. The last time I joined a forum was well over 10 years ago.

My wife and I have a Raptor that will be coming out from production in a few days. We know we still have a few more weeks of waiting, and have started making a few upgrade buys.

Thus far we've ordered
  • Midland MXT575 + Ghost Antenna + Speaker+ Extra cables and such for clean hidden install
  • Thor's Lightning Ultimate Dual Air Compressor Setup
  • TrailRax Modular Roof Rack with 40" light cut out and Pak Rax
  • Rough Country Storage Box
What we're looking at
  • Nitto Tires - Keeping 37" for the first few years. Then will upgrade to 40".
  • ProCal for Raptor - I guess whenever it comes out.
Outside of what's listed above we would love some suggestions on the following.
  • Winch Front Bumper Options
  • Lights - We know a few good brands, but have no clue who we should go with.
  • Other Performance Upgrades - Anything cool performance wise that you can think of around the engine, breaks, wheels, and suspension.

Thank you in advance for your input. Cheers! 🍻
Sponsored

UniBroncorn

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have some non performance suggestions which make the Braptor more comfortable for daily driving.

-door pockets which are able to hold bottles in place of the door nets.

-centre console tray for coins/small items.

-rear seat rubber seat covers for the carpet backs.

OP
OP
BroncoTours

BroncoTours

Raptor
First Name
Conway
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have some non performance suggestions which make the Braptor more comfortable for daily driving.
Great suggestions! Stuff we were totally not thinking about. The wife raced off to her office to search for these.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I'm interested in light suggestions too. Soooooo much to choose from and you can't really tell how bright there are or what the pattern really looks like judging from pictures that are posted. I want amber backlit ones to match but not all ambers are created equal.

raptorusmaximus

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

as for lights, I used a conbination of spot and fog, both white and amber and these are awesome!! very high output. I have six on the bumper and two as ditch lights and they really light things up. I use the amber mostly the ditch lights are spots and two ambers on the bumper on switch 3. Deer run away because it;s too bright !!!

they're aluminum housings quality is excellent.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B093338WZJ?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

Sponsored

emulous74

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ZR2 Bison D , '23 Bronco 2DR, MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My experience with lights are only Baja Designs and Rigid Industries. My 40” Rigid SR Pro isn’t as bright as my 30” Baja Designs S8. I also run a BD 20” S8 and their Squadron Sport ditch lights on my ZR2 Bison. All the BD lights I have are their lowest priced offerings and they all are dimmable without a flicker down to 1 percent and the have put up extremely well with the three degree heat and dust here in Texas. The only downside I’ve noticed is a discoloring of the housings on the 20” bar due to the excessive sun we have here, but it functions perfectly. I also like that BD uses deutch connectors allowing you to switch out harnesses easily that better suit your set up. Their rock guards and other accessories are more varied and cheaper than rigid too and their customer service has been top notch too. I don’t see much back lighting options at BD, but I see that more as a gimmick.

Johnny Rebel

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Big Bend, 2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I installed the @RTR Vehicles Project X HP.70 spots on the bumper and am really happy with them. Also got the @4x4TruckLEDs.com KR Offroad Diode Dynamics triple fog kit and Baja Designs LP4 A-pillar lights sitting in the shop, but haven't had time to install them yet.

Also used several Baja Designs lights on our 2-door and can tell you that all 3 brands are solid options. The Baja LP4's and LP6's have amber backlights, but they're barely visible in the bright sunlight.

Ford Bronco Raptor Upgrade Suggestions Needed Project X hp.70

Ford Bronco Raptor Upgrade Suggestions Needed Baja Designs lights 2

Last edited:

RTR Vehicles

Raptor
First Name
RTR
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rtrvehicles.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco RTR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
We offer several components for the BRaptor! You can check them out HERE! We are excited to see how your build comes along and we are happy to help so feel free to ask any questions!

Ford Bronco Raptor Upgrade Suggestions Needed IMG_9142

Ford Bronco Raptor Upgrade Suggestions Needed IMG_7117

Ford Bronco Raptor Upgrade Suggestions Needed IMG_7131

Ford Bronco Raptor Upgrade Suggestions Needed IMG_7168

IMG_7101.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP
BroncoTours

BroncoTours

Raptor
First Name
Conway
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

We offer several components for the BRaptor! You can check them out HERE! We are excited to see how your build comes along and we are happy to help so feel free to ask any questions!
Always love seeing a fellow nerd being smart and using UTM links! Cheers to following best practices. 🍻 Taking a peep now.

RTR Vehicles

Raptor
First Name
RTR
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rtrvehicles.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco RTR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Always love seeing a fellow nerd being smart and using UTM links! Cheers to following best practices. 🍻 Taking a peep now.
LOL guilty! As I said before, feel free to reach out if you have any questions. Happy to help.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
100%! 85K vehicle so run some quality lights

Baja Design, Diode Dynamics, KC and others makes some good lights.

I will be running 4 LP6s (baja deisgns) and running them through a swith pro on my Warthog when it arrives

On my gen2 raptor

Ford Bronco Raptor Upgrade Suggestions Needed 1678395790276

Thank you! For the price, I can't not give these a shot.

350vudu

Raptor
First Name
350vudu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2019 Ducati V4S Corse
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

For lights, I would give a serious look at Heretic lights. They are who I am going to be going with, not to mention they pair perfectly with the TrailRax roof rack you already have. I believe those two companies collaborated for the light and rack design. I ordered the TrailRax w/ PakRax roof rack combo same as you, so it was no brainer for me to go with Heretic lights.

https://www.hereticstudio.com/collections/ford-bronco-led-light-kits

Ford Bronco Raptor Upgrade Suggestions Needed 1678395740025

Ford Bronco Raptor Upgrade Suggestions Needed 1678395758960

I also prefer the 37" BFG KM3s over the Nittos if you are swapping out tires.

swedensky

Raptor
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BRaptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Outside of what's listed above we would love some suggestions on the following.
  • Winch Front Bumper Options
  • Lights - We know a few good brands, but have no clue who we should go with.
As far as lighting, if you're actually going to be offroading at night or dusk, do not skimp out. It's so important to have quality lighting. I personally wouldn't suggest anything but Baja Designs. I've had 2 other companies in the past and they don't hold a candle to BD.

For the winch, I'm very picky when it comes to aesthetics and the Bronco Winch solutions have all been a hard no for me until I saw the one done by Baja Forged. If I end up with a winch it will be their bumper/mount. They successfully hid the winch and did it using a tubular bumper like the ADD Pro I had on my Raptor F-150. No more Bubba Gump look lol!
Sponsored