Sponsored

Rattle coming from the passenger side dash.

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’ve had my Bronco for 8 months, 15k. Enjoyed every mile and minute. In the last few days, Ive noticed a rattle coming from the passenger side dash. I can apply pressure to the dash with my hand and the rattle stops. Is there anyway to tighten the dash without opening everything up? It’s nothing I can’t live with, but I would like to address it if its not a situation where trying to fix one problem creates 3 more. Thanks for any input.
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I’ve had my Bronco for 8 months, 15k. Enjoyed every mile and minute. In the last few days, Ive noticed a rattle coming from the passenger side dash. I can apply pressure to the dash with my hand and the rattle stops. Is there anyway to tighten the dash without opening everything up? It’s nothing I can’t live with, but I would like to address it if its not a situation where trying to fix one problem creates 3 more. Thanks for any input.
Hi there. This rattle concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Bronco. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.

threeonone

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does it sound like this?

CplusB

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Whoa! I have that same insane rattle! 4dr / soft-top. It's been driving me completely bananas for the last few weeks.

I've been casually searching online and on the forum and finally found this thread and your post.

Threeonone, did you ever diagnose and fix? I see that this thread ended but I'm curious.

I've had no luck finding it and less help with a friend searching while I'm driving.

Thanks for any intel -

BasicBlu

Base
First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Anti Matter Blue base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’ve had a similar sound with front windows 1/2 down and went over rough set of R.R. Tracks. Thought the frameless window on passenger side was going to fly off. Now I only drive windows full up or full down.

Sponsored

CplusB

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes, the partially-open-window-rattle is very well-documented fun with these Broncos. Cost of a lot of frameless glass.

This particular rattle happens with windows full up or down. It's interior-born.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I’ve had a similar sound with front windows 1/2 down and went over rough set of R.R. Tracks. Thought the frameless window on passenger side was going to fly off. Now I only drive windows full up or full down.
Hi there, Darrell! Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.

Havanajoe

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S5 coupe. Tesla Model Y
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dash and front passenger seat started rattling today (day 6 of ownership)
it’s not constant but started today.

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Look at the speaker. Mine had some wiring that was making a noise. Upgraded all the speakers and bought some quiet tape and wrapped wires anything that could rattle really good. Things will rattle so the tape is nice to have on hand. Hush Mat Quiet Tape on amazon

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hey there! I can look into your Bronco’s rattle concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?

Sponsored

el_june

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had a similar rattling sound on the driver side that got louder as my speed increased. It turns out the bolts on the hood hinge were not tightened properly. Might not be your case but worth checking it out.

feralc

Outer Banks
First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outerbanks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hello I have been dealing with this extremely annoying sound and I think I found a solution after SO many things that I tried.
I am actually glad that Ford has replied to this thread so maybe this post could help to develop a solution or TSB
Mine was on the drivers side and at the beginning I thought it was the airbag because I read this other thread
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...s-on-the-a-pillar-and-a-few-other-bugs.29039/

And that is why in the video the airbag covers were off, but it is not, the culprit is the metal plates where the hard top connects to.
Somehow if they are too tight the noise eventually develops, maybe because of the flexing of the body etc.
As I said I hunted this sound for literally weeks and and the solution was to loosen up the torx screws that hold the metal plates, and literally just tighten them BY HAND and then just add just a tiny bit of extra tightness with the ratchet, but no more than an inch of movement of the ratchet. That will secure the metal plates without that extra tightness that would make the rattling noise come back.
I will repost this same explanation as a brand new thread because it is not the dash but the top.
I hope this info helps and Ford eventually install some sound deadening tape or something to make a permanent solution.
Here is the video and a picture of the plates that make the sound of they are too tight.

A4B77ED5-0B79-4244-B3C3-C48F69A18F6A.jpeg
Sponsored