Sponsored

Rattling window - any point of taking it to the dealership?

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My driver side window rattles audibly when opening and closing the door. Not 100% sure but that seems to be a relatively recent development, I don't recall hearing that through the first 9 months of ownership.

Not sure if there is anything the dealer can do about it, or if it a feature of the ludicrous frameless design.
Sponsored

Aspeer

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have the same issue on both the driver and passenger front doors. It’s been to the dealer three times for adjustment. They said it’s the best they can do and “Ford is working on a resolution”. Don’t hold your breath, I doubt Ford will release anything. I can rattle mine with the door open and just shaking the door a little.

Note: you will see a lot of post about adjusting the window if it rattles when partially lowered. Basically you pull out two drain plugs on the bottom of the door, loosen two bolts, push them towards the outside of the door and retighten the bolts. This helped a little, it moves the glass inward against the rubber weatherstripping. It won’t solve the problem if you can rattle the glass with the door open.

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I did the adjustment suggested in Post #2 and have noticed a significant difference in the Window rattle for both doors. If you've got a deep socket 10mm, the whole operation takes minutes to complete. Definitely worth a try for so little effort.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My passenger door window rattles when I open and wobble it. It'll also squeak when dusty and I hit a bump in the road. I suspect there won't be much the dealership will do, but I'll report it to them when I take it in for something else.

OscarHTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Pressing the unlock button on the key fob should roll the windows down some to avoid the rattle.

Also, pulling on the handle without opening the door will roll the window down a little. I pull and wait for it to roll down then open the door. Takes some practice to get it down.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My driver side window rattles audibly when opening and closing the door. Not 100% sure but that seems to be a relatively recent development, I don't recall hearing that through the first 9 months of ownership.

Not sure if there is anything the dealer can do about it, or if it a feature of the ludicrous frameless design.
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.
Sponsored