First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW x6
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've got to say when you spent 70k on a brand new vehicle you don't need your windows to play drums! I think the engineers at Ford need to go back and do some homework on this. The windows have to be either closed or open, nothing in between, this can be very annoying, also the more i look at the interior the more I feel I got robbed! Having said that, I love the design of my truck and that's what i fell in love with but a little more detail would have made it perfect!
Stan
Sponsored

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Counterpoint:

Mine has front + rear locking diffs, sway bar disconnect, 33” a/t tires, 400 torqs, ~9” ground clearance and A/C, all covered by a 8 year extended warranty and cost $50k…I can live with a window rattle when the windows are halfway down while going over bumps in the road.

Maybe you bought the wrong vehicle for your needs?

OP
OP

steni

Wildtrak
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW x6
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Counterpoint:

Mine has front + rear locking diffs, sway bar disconnect, 33” a/t tires, 400 torqs, ~9” ground clearance and A/C, all covered by a 8 year extended warranty and cost $50k…I can live with a window rattle when the windows are halfway down while going over bumps in the road.

Maybe you bought the wrong vehicle for your needs?
2024 Wild track with sasquatch package, are you saying the more the vehicle cost the more noise it makes?

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You'd be surprised at how easy that is to fix.

Get yourself a deep 10mm socket. Open the door and lie under it. There's two rubber patches (about 2"x3") (they're plugs actually) on the bottom of the door. They pull out easily.
Loosen the nut (maybe 1/2 turn) just inside that opening and push it to the outside of the door and retighten. Repeat for the other one and replace the plugs.

The hardest part of this process for me is getting up after I'm done. It made a WORLD of difference. I can ride with the windows cracked or 1/2 way down without the annoying rattle. It still MAY happen on a rough patch of road, but is significantly less than it was.

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2024 Wild track with sasquatch package, are you saying the more the vehicle cost the more noise it makes?
I forget to mention heated-seats, washout flooring, built in Nav, keyless entry, rain-proof interior when cruising with the removable top and rock rails.

I'm saying if you want all that and windows that don't rattle occasionally you're S.O.L.

You could always trade yours in for a Rav4 though. I hear their windows are quiet at all levels. And you won't have to complain on internet forums about being "robbed."

Sponsored
OP
OP

steni

Wildtrak
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW x6
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I forget to mention heated-seats, washout flooring, built in Nav, keyless entry, rain-proof interior when cruising with the removable top and rock rails.

I'm saying if you want all that and windows that don't rattle occasionally you're S.O.L.

You could always trade yours in for a Rav4 though. I hear their windows are quiet at all levels. And you won't have to complain on internet forums about being "robbed."
Wow!!! Sounds like you the owner of Ford Company! if you read what I wrote I said I love my truck. Just being honest on my part, my opinion that's it, was no insult to you or anyone with Broncos!

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow!!! Sounds like you the owner of Ford Company! if you read what I wrote I said I love my truck. Just being honest on my part, my opinion that's it, was no insult to you or anyone with Broncos!
If I owned Ford I would've designed a Bronco with windows that don't rattle; it's pretty annoying.

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Get yourself a deep 10mm socket. Open the door and lie under it. There's two rubber patches (about 2"x3") (they're plugs actually) on the bottom of the door. They pull out easily.
Loosen the nut (maybe 1/2 turn) just inside that opening and push it to the outside of the door and retighten. Repeat for the other one and replace the plugs.

The hardest part of this process for me is getting up after I'm done. It made a WORLD of difference. I can ride with the windows cracked or 1/2 way down without the annoying rattle. It still MAY happen on a rough patch of road, but is significantly less than it was.
Gonna have to try this. Thank you!

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gonna have to try this. Thank you!
It works. I found this fix after my closed driver window kept popping out of the seal on the freeway with high winds. It was pretty bad, I couldn't keep the window closed no matter what I did until the wind died down.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I've got to say when you spent 70k on a brand new vehicle you don't need your windows to play drums! I think the engineers at Ford need to go back and do some homework on this. The windows have to be either closed or open, nothing in between, this can be very annoying, also the more i look at the interior the more I feel I got robbed! Having said that, I love the design of my truck and that's what i fell in love with but a little more detail would have made it perfect!
Stan
Hi Stan! I can look into your Bronco's window concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your Bronco's VIN?

Sponsored

Graham1911

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Idid the same thing and it worked.

SoDak1623

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 F150, 2022 Badlands MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It works. I found this fix after my closed driver window kept popping out of the seal on the freeway with high winds. It was pretty bad, I couldn't keep the window closed no matter what I did until the wind died down.
I thought that was just a consequence of the frameless windows. I've had that happen before on a trip when there was a very heavy cross wind to the south while driving west. I'll give this a try.

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think he's saying that he prefers Ford use the $70,000 on off road prowess instead of comfort features...BTW, All Wildtrak come standard with Sasquatch! lol

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think he's saying that he prefers Ford use the $70,000 on off road prowess instead of comfort features...BTW, All Wildtrak come standard with Sasquatch! lol
Ah - that is a US only assumption. People in Europe and Asia have pointed out that their Wildtrac models are not Sasquatched-up.

Take any expensive car and it will compare unfavorably to something way cheaper for several features. If you prefer those features, then you probably should not have chosen a Bronco.
Sponsored