First Name
John Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Wondering if anyone has experience installing the RB30 Slim Running Boards on their Bronco, and can help me figure out what I'm doing wrong. I thought I was starting out with a simple install, haha!

First, just a confirmation question, do all the brackets align in a way that the screws that mount the board to the body-mounted bracket are hidden? Right now, the rear and mid brackets are hidden, but the screws that hold the front of the board are clearly visible through the holes in the board. I haven't seen anything about this in reviews, and would have thought with Bronco specific brackets, they would have aligned completely under hidden parts on the board.

Second, for the brackets that slide into the board, did anyone else have trouble with them fitting? On the passenger side, everything seems to have worked correctly, but on the driver side the board gets too slim to allow the bracket to slide back far enough and attach. The only difference I can tell is that one of the brackets that attaches to the body faces forward and one faces rearward, but based on the listing photos, it appears that is going to the case as they two rear brackets are identical and not mirrored.

Third, are you able to install the boards such that the body-mounted brackets don't stick out past the edge of the board? Again I would assume the answer is yes, but right now I'm in a situation where in order to do that, the lip of the board doesn't sit fully on the center bracket, which creates a dip in the board that I'd like to avoid. Along the length of the vehicle the boards are level.

Appreciate the help!
Sponsored

Neps

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MX-5, Focus EV, F150, F350, Scout II (2)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

RB Slim is that a model or manufacturer?

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not the RB30 I was hoping for…

(the initial title was “misleading”, someone needs to shove the heart of Godzilla into one of these rigs)

Last edited:

Sloth

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Some pics would be helpful. I originally installed the standard width boards on mine without much issue. Just make sure you are using the right bracket in the right spot.

OP
OP
BuckTales

BuckTales

Big Bend
First Name
John Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Some pics would be helpful. I originally installed the standard width boards on mine without much issue. Just make sure you are using the right bracket in the right spot.
I did end up going back and measuring and confirmed my suspicion. The taper on one of the boards is much harsher than the other, which is stopping the inner bracket from getting to where it needs to be. It's about 2 inches off. Extreme Terrain offered to replace.
Sponsored